supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
playoff picture set?

three way tie in south ?

Re: playoff picture set?

There is only a 3 way tie in the overall records and not in the divisional records. Divisional record is what matters so the Generals, Wildcats, Outlawz and Pirates are in the playoffs. It came down to the Pirates and Outlawz game last week to see who actually will be the 3 seed and it is the Outlawz.

how is that? last week games are non divisional so if its div record and then head to head it should be set. both teams have 3 div wins and i believe the outlawz beat the pirates so that should make them the third seed, right?

that sounds about right the outlawz beat the pirates in the opening week so outlawz so have the third seed

yeah thats what he said, the outlawz are the 3 seed. so out of the 4 teams in the south , the toal combined scores against the generals is 2-156. should be a very competitve bracket

I just want to say that whoever decided there needed to be a vote to decide that overall record means nothing... is ignorant as hell

Apparantly the whole league is ignorant since it passed the vote.

every person that voted it that way is definitly ignorant... but why did there even need to be a vote on that? I think its obvious that if your overall record is better than someones then your team has the advantage whether or not they beat you head to head. head to head should only come in to play when there is a tie in the standings.... COMMON SENSE!!!!! NO NEED TO VOTE ON THAT SUBJECT. but its done with now i just hope next year that issue is resolved

I can see why they did it that way. They want the best teams in each division to play in the playoffs. If you cant beat the teams in your division during the regular season, why should you be given the chance in playoffs?

No other league does it that way! if teams could play eachother twice there could always be a different outcome. Just cuz one team beats another early in the year doesnt mean they cant turn things around. They can use the whole record to muster out a playoff chance instead that non sense way of deciding the playoff seed before the final week

does it really matter. it is what it is for this year.

common sense
No other league does it that way!
...except the NFL. The Division winners go to the playoffs; the only chance for a non-Division winner is the wildcard bracket, even if they have a better overall record than the divisional winner.

Your retarded lol