supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fall Ball/WInter

JUst curious.. IS there another league that starts in the fall and goes into the winter...... semi pro league. I know there is the nfl.... but who really wants to end their season now when there is so much more ball.... if there is not a league.... here is my next question why isnt there and how many teams would be interested in playing in a fall/winter league?

Re: Fall Ball/WInter

I think a lot of guys and teams would consider it, however, fields and refs are probably hard to come by

couldnt most teams just utilize their field they use during summer ball.... refs we could work out with the ones we have now im sure!!!! in all the leagues i would assume..... i mean personally im not ready to stop playing in a few weeks!

ok i know ifl is done soon so when is the crfl..... done and what teams would be interested is my question now..... i would say all nfl rules imply so there is no confusion every team check with your refs and your fields see if you can keep them going.... if we can hell lets do this.... bylaws be this simple show up play no fighting and what the refs says goes... lol

we're a western ohio team looking to play in the fall

I think the biggest thing isn't about refs or players, most teams play at local high schools, and get done before the schools teams get into full swing. So it would be a lot of wear on the field to have up to 4 games a week, middle, varsity, jv, and semi pro.

So, as much as most players would want to continue through the winter months, I think It would be tough to get the field.

Most fields are closed due to muddy conditions. Most fields outside of indy aren't turf. Most indoor facilities are booked solid with (it hurts me to say this) soccer. Only thing left to do in the winter football wise is watch it on tv, play it on madden, and lift and condition for next year.

John Deere...what team in Western Ohio???!!??

I think the old crush owners or some body should look into an indoor league or atleast putting on an indoor tournament! Who has access to an indor place to play??

Being the former Crush rep and since they have folded, I know theyd be interested In doing an indoor tournament but It seems most teams only want to do that for free. We had it planned 2 years In a row and most If not all teams backed out, because frankly It does cost a good amount of overall team money. If I remember, it ended up being like 20 bucks a person. any one who played in the first one had a great time. Maybe we will do something this year.

CoachCB
John Deere...what team in Western Ohio???!!??

We're a new team, we've been getting together for a month and a half and the boys are getting antsy and would like to get a game or two in this year.

May I ask where in Western OHio???...games may be easier to get that way

Champaign County. North of Springfield, west of Columbus. You can contact me at ccmeangreen@gmail.com.

NCWolfpack#25, If u all deciede to do something i can spread the word aroung here and id say u could pull atleast 3 teams around here! Id say the Raiders Force outlawas and Lima warriors would all think about it! Dont know if they would all play but id bet most would want to!Mybae even the DarkKghnites!

We'd be interested in that.

hensley
NCWolfpack#25, If u all deciede to do something i can spread the word aroung here and id say u could pull atleast 3 teams around here! Id say the Raiders Force outlawas and Lima warriors would all think about it! Dont know if they would all play but id bet most would want to!Mybae even the DarkKghnites!

Has anyone talked to any of these teams? I know the Lima Warriors are in the HFL title game and the others are still in season.

If any tournaments or anything happened it most likely wouldnt happen until winter! I know Lima tried to put on a indoor tournament thing themselves last year but teams didnt wanna pay they fee! It most likely would be best to keep entry fees at $500 or below to really get many teams and i dont know what kinnda insurance and suck a place may need to do this! I would put the word out as soon as there was a tournament and a place to play to teams!

Heck, we'd be happy with just A game.

I believe the Indiana patriots are looking for a game!!