supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Baby Girl...

I would like to take a moment to say Thank You to everyone for your prayers reguarding my daughter Sierra. I have waited to release any information about her status until after our meeting with the doctor today.

This all started before the game with the Panthers when she first started to show symptoms of something was just not right. Monday the 9th of August my wife took Sierra to Elkhart General. There they gave her an I.V. & took some blood then sent her home. Well, needless to say they did absolutely nothing for her. Then her symptoms progressed, so Wed. Aug. 11th we took her to Memorial Hospital in South Bend. There they did her first M.R.I. & noticed three spots on her brain. Two in the upper left & one on her left brain stem. We were not there long before Sierra was put into an ambulance & rushed to Riley's In Indy.

We have been down here in Indy at Riley's Childrens Hospital for over two weeks. She has had four lumbar punctures, five M.R.I.'s, three C.T. scan & god only knows how many times they have poked her to draw blood & to move her I.V. Through all of this she has been amazing.

Last Friday on the 20th was a bad day for her. Sierra's lungs were beginning to fill up with muccus & it was getting difficult to breathe. So they moved her up to the fourth floor to I.C.U. Once there she was placed on a machine called a ByPap. It helped her keep her oxygen level up. She had vest treatments to help loosen up the muccus. We thought things were going well for her, but it turned out that we were riding a roller coaster. On Wed. the 25th the morning went well until around 4:00 in the afternoon, thats when the doctor said she needs more support for her lungs. At 5:30 Sierra was intibated (placed on a breathing machine). For those that don't know what that is, its when they put a breathing tube down the throat & into the lungs. Not able to hear my sweet little girl talk anymore felt like pure torture. In my mind I thought that could be the worst thing that a father could ever experience, unil the meeting we had with the doctor Friday Aug. 27 at 12 o'clock noon. It felt like my heart was ripped right out of my chest when my wife & I was told that after all the test & all the treatments Sierra has been through the past two weeks that the spot on her brain stem has not improved but actually gotten worse & grew. The next thing the doctor said devestated us when he told us it is a tumor. A TUMOR...
She is a beautfull, smart, 12 year old little girl. Now she has six weeks of radiation treatment ahead of her.
I would like to ask that everyone keep my precious duaghter Sierra in your payers & if you go to a church that has a prayer chain, could you please add her. May the Lord continue to give her strength to get through this.

Once again THANK YOU...

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3
Co-Owner

Re: My Baby Girl...

...after reading your story it bought back so many memories of what my son went through for a month and a half from Jan-Feb. Words cannot describe how sorry I am for you during this time and for your family. Riley is a great environment and the Riley nurses are great with children. I completely understand when you get the news of something you cannot control...and it is the worst feeling a person can imagine when the doctor tells you. When the Doctor informed my wife and I that our son Jason had a rare kidney disease that only has 2000 known cases and 500 in the U.S., I asked myself why us...why him...why would God do this to a child, Give it to me not him!... I got the answer after a few weeks being home. God did this to our son because he knows that we are great parents who will love him no matter what. We will take care of him, give him all his medications for his entire life, sacrifice our time for his time, make sure his life is going to be the best it can possibly be. I know your situation is not the same medically, but it is life changing as was mine. I will pray for your daughter, also for you and your wife because you two will have to lean on each other during this time...If you need any advice, or just a person to talk to please and always feel free to call or email.

John Walser 765-546-2002.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

BC Blaze #73

Mitchell,

I consider you a friend of mine not only on the field but away from it. If there is anything you need you have my number. You are in my prayers and the prayers of the Mustangs.

Mike Kemper

Wow.. ThAts terrible mitch.. I just had a daughter who is now 5 1/2 months today...she was 5 weeks early and spent 2 weeks in the NICU..she was on a breathing machine, and feeding tube.. and I thought that was bad enough.. It felt like torture to me being a new born dad.. She's healthy as can be and growing faster than 90%of premie babies the Dr. Says.. Anyways.. Our thoughts and prayers go out to u.. Not only from me, but the INDIANA HITMEN. I will also put u on NAPPANEE MISSIONARIES prayer chain

Nick jordAn

mitch linda and my prayers go out for sierra and your family i really know what you are going threw went threw it with linda with a brian tumer in frontprobs as big as a baseball and after having it removed a year later a flu shot shot put in a coma and on life support mitch we pray that sierra is in gods healing hands she will be lifted up to good health and that the tumer be taking away because god loves all his little children and that he will give you and your family peace in your souls to get threw this amen

Mitch I am sorry to hear about sierra, If there are any updates please give me a call and keep me informed. Ill make sure to send some prayers your way.

Mitch my old friend my family will pray for you your wife and lovely Sierra asking God to give you all strength and peace of mind as your family continues to(P.U.S.H)P.ray U.ntil S.omething H.appens
through these trying times.

SayMyName3Times
jfears #80 WR NC Wolfpack

although not my daughter, i went thru the same thing with my sister when i was a kid. she had to have a brain tumor removed so i can feel a little what your goin through. thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. we def be mentioned in our pre game prayer today. good luck and stay strong

Our Lord is mighty to save, ask , seek , knock . The Moulton family in the gap for you .

Before and after the game we (us and the Hitmen) had you in our prayers. I hope thinks work out for the best.

Mitch, my heart breaks for your daughter and your family. My daughter had to have open heart surgery at 2 years of age, I know as a father sitting there with his little girl, you just want to take her place and take it all away. I pray for Sierra, I pray for you and your family, and I pray that jesus gives the doctors the necessary tools to take this away from your family. If you need me, you know my number, seriously, give me a call if I can help with anything.

Gross

Mitch,
While it is the hardest thing to go through, just remember miracles do happen. Remember Kenny my son? He was diagnosed with inoperable Ewing Sarcoma (bone cancer) while I was with the Grizzlies. That was 11 years ago now, and he is doing great. The doctors gave him a 10% chance. Just keep breathing and keep praying. God will get you and your family through it. Love ya man and will be praying for you. Let me know if their is anything I can do. Unfortunately I know what you are going through. Keep Breathing man.

Mitch-

Thanks very much for sharing this tough story with our community. As the responses that follow yours illustrate, sometimes this forum can be an example of the best our sport- and our common humanity- have to offer. Strength, Grace and Peace to you and your family as you all do what it takes over the coming weeks and months to beat this thing. I look forward- as do the rest of us- to the post describing the day when Sierra returns to her life as a happy and healthy little girl.

Mitch,

Love you man. Prayers are yours! Call me if you need me!

Hendricks

Mitch,
i cannot imagine what you are feeling right now. just know, prayers go up, blessings come down, all of our prayers are with you and Sierra..

Karen Martin Coleman

I'll definitely be keeping you and your family in my prayers, Mitch. Try and take of your yourself. -Mike

I will pray for you and your daughter. Good luck to both of you.

Hang in there, you are in the Stang families thoughts.