Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL Playoff Schedule

PIRATES @ GENERALS
OUTLAWZ @ WILDCATS
MUSTANGS @ WOLFPACK
HITMEN @ BLAZE

What are everyones picks for week 1 of the playoffs?

I'm going to take the Generals, Wildcats, Wolfpack and Blaze.

Re: IFL Playoff Schedule

Well you really went out on a limb there with your picks didn't you.
Come on now the Pirates will battle with the Generals and it will come down to a last second field goal by the Undertaker to pull it out.
Ok sorry about that was dreaming there on that one, I'm sipping coffee now and wild awake, I'll agree with you the Generals win this one.
The Wildcats will simply blow out the Outlawz this game won't be pretty and could wind up being a 50 point margin even with a running clock after the first half.
In the North the games will be a little better.
I hate this but will have to agree with you on the Mustang Wolfpack game there is no way the Mustangs hang with the Wolfpack and I see a N.C. Wolfpack 28-10 victory. The Blaze and Hitmen could be a toss up but then which Hitmen team will show up the one that plays to win or the one that just wants to have fun, hey remember the Cindi Lauper song girls just want ta have fun. In the end I'll have to say the Blaze will torch them and it won't be a close game. The Hitmen will have two weeks to recover from their vacation to Indy where they had fun and enjoyed a fun saturday night, but it won't be enough they may never rebound from that game, I wonder what it would have been had JT not let up.
So it appears that week two will find the
Generals hosting the Wildcats and
the Wolfpack hosting the Blaze
RECORDS FOR THE PLAYOFFS ARE
WOLFPACK 8-0
GENERALS 8-0
WILDCATS 7-1
BLAZE 6-2
HITMEN 5-3
MUSTANGS 4-4
OUTLAWZ 4-4
PIRATES 3-5

Why is it that the hitmen are away vs. The blaze? They beat them in the reg season and that usually gives them home field advantage.. Or is there another LOOP hole in this IFL bs..?

hitmen fan
Why is it that the hitmen are away vs. The blaze? They beat them in the reg season and that usually gives them home field advantage.. Or is there another LOOP hole in this IFL bs..?

You should check the records the Blaze are 6-2 on the season and the Hitmen after playing their game on Saturday which they hthemselves said was just for fun have a record or 5-3 so what are you trying say with the statement IFL BS there is no BS the team with the best record gets home field if the Hitmen were concerned they would have went to Indy with the intention of winning that game but by their own admission here on this board on a different thread they went to Indy saying the game didn't mean anything and they just wanted to play and have fun, so now their fans and the team get to have fun traveling to the Blaze I think that is now that's funny. That's why EVERY GAME is important.
There must be something in the water up there not only do the Hitmen get on here after every loss and make excuses and put the blame on someone but their fans also want to do the same thing. It doesn't matter that the Hitmen beat them in the regular season their record is not better now. What is going to be funny is when all the Blaze and their fans go back and look at what was said after that game on here by certain Hitmen if that doesn't light a fire nothing will. It will be interesting to see what hotmen28 has to say on this

First off i like to say what up to the message board and everyone.first off, shakedown keep the hitmen out of your mouth it's not the whole hitmen team on the message boards talking shit after a lost.you can't even count how many times any other hitmen player been on here talking shit but 1 which shouldn't be on here doing that it makes us look bad as a team but shit happens. it's just 1 of us not the team so please don't call out the whole team we are a bunch of good guys,with a few hard heads but that's football.thanks GOODLUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS AND STAY HEALTHY.

That is true, its not the Hitmen organization that comes on here and makes a ass out of themselfs and the team, it just #28.

i could be wrong but i think the hitmen are home vs the blaze right? cause overall record has no meaning. so since they have the same record in division and hitmen won head to head, they get the home field? good luck all teams except when you play us

This is the way it is scheduled on the IFL website. If it is wrong here, it is wrong there.

The playoff seeding is determined by the following:

1. Division Record
2. Overall Record
3. Head to Head Record

How does a NON conference game take ANY team out of the home field advantage for the playoffs when they've beat the other team in the conference head to head... Sounds kinda stupid if u ask me

Maybe you should say something to Rodger the NFL comish then because that is the same format the NFL uses. division wins over all record then head to head as a tie breaker.
If your an idiot and dont know how it works I'm sure some 12 year old could explain it to you.

Actually the nfl uses overall record for divisional champs first.

gross 19
Actually the nfl uses overall record for divisional champs first.

This is true. The 49ers last year went 5-1 in the NFC West beating the division champs (Cardinals) twice but came 2nd with a 8-8 overall record to the Cards who had a 10-6 record.

IFL FAN is a douche

IFL FAN
How does a NON conference game take ANY team out of the home field advantage for the playoffs when they've beat the other team in the conference head to head... Sounds kinda stupid if u ask me

How can you continue to make this insane statements and claim to know anything about the NFL!

Here is how is works one more time for you IFL FAN!!!

When it comes to seeding in the NFL -

OVERALL RECORD IS NUMBER ONE! IF YOU HAVE AN OVERALL BETTER RECORD - GUESS WHAT?! YOU ARE THE HIGHER SEED!!

Divisional tiebreakers
Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (games played against the same opponents).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated).
Strength of schedule (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has played against).
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin Toss.

Conference tiebreakers

Head-to-head, if applicable. (For ties between 3 or more teams, this step is only applied if there is a head-to-head sweep; i.e., if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory (record of all the teams they defeated that season).
Strength of schedule (record of all the teams they played that season).
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin Toss.

Now you are up to speed stay off the messege board! It only makes you look stupid.

Re: IFL FAN is a douche

Thats all well and good to use the NFL rules for the playoff picture, then why don't we agree to go to NFL rules for the games themself. just and old man thinking out loud men.

The refs are inacurate at calling the modified rules in place now. Add in even more NFL rules and its gonna be even worse. A lot of the refs use these games as practice for high school games.

I hear that Reggie, what I wished for was just straight nfl rules, or college or even high school, not a little of this alittle of that, if it were just one rule book, pick one and go off it then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place.