supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who's gonna run this Town??? Too bad it'll never happen...

But it could have happened... and should have happened... Good luck Generals in the playoffs... (I hope you make it interesting - Boo!!)

Re: Who's gonna run this Town??? Too bad it'll never happen...

Let it be known I have nothing but respect for Triggs and the Tornadoes. What they do on and off the field is what every team should try to become. I wanted to play the Tornadoes in a preseason game more than anything. We had a lot of fun playing the tornadoes for almost a half. The weather came in and put an end to the game. Triggs did contact me about playing this weekend. I just could not do it for a few reasons.
I can't put into words how much time I put into the Generals football team. My wife wanted to take the family & go away for the weekend and I HAVE TO GIVE THEM SOME OF MY TIME. We have our league playoffs starting and it does us no good to play a game and risk injury for a game that only matters for bragging rights at this point. Our goal is to finish out the IFL season and become champs. I have been asked to help a few other teams after our season is over. I have been asked for the generals to play a few teams when our season is over. I don't know how our season will finish out. We could win the IFL ship. We could get the invite for a bowl game or a National championship. I don't know. All I know is that after the games that the generals play on our schedule and if we win out and get a bowl game Im DONE! Im not playing any extra games that mean nothing. I need a break away from all this. The team fees,the bragging,the shit talking,the phone calls,the your team sucks you only win because your in that league and so on. I help coach my girls in a few other sports and I have a 9 month old son. Im ready to give them my time!
I don't care what ABC League or the EFL or the VBFL leagues say about us. We foucs on us and we care about us. If your not with us we don't care about you.
I hope the Tornadoes win the NAFL. I know a lot of the players over there and they try to do things right. I wish the tornadoes the best. I really do. I like to see Indy teams win (as long as they are not playing my team lol). It's good for our state when teams in other leagues win championships.
I just wanted to post before this got out of hand.
To all Generals no more post on this site until our season is complete. Thanks.

JT, You owe no one an explaination, and if nothing else you should remember that success breeds contempt fom those who don't have what you do. Most of the people we deal with get it, unfortuntely the ones that don't seem to have the loudest voices. You've been here before, you've learned your lessons and now it is paying off.
I applaud you for having your priorities in order. If a Geneals/Tornados game is to happen, it will.

Good Luck on the remainder of your season.

"All I know is that after the games that the generals play on our schedule and if we win out and get a bowl game Im DONE! Im not playing any extra games that mean nothing. I need a break away from all this. The team fees,the bragging,the shit talking,the phone calls,the your team sucks you only win because your in that league and so on. I help coach my girls in a few other sports and I have a 9 month old son. Im ready to give them my time!"

JT... you are maturing like a fine wine my man. You have encapsulated the reasons that needed to be stated and that is enough. Let the rest of the "haterade" roll off your back like shower water and go on wit cha bad self. When the break comes... you and yours deserve it!!!

Keep on keepin' on