supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pirates v genrals

so I hear that the genrals whooped the pirates. $However I also heard they played the game with only ten players so yes the genrals won but the true winners are all the guys in that game they have heart good job pirates

Re: pirates v genrals

The Pirates started the game with around 18 players. late in the 4th after some of the pirates players quit on the Pirates MEN they did finish the game with 10 players. The Pirates who finished the game showed what love of the game is all about. Coach JT told those 10 guys they are more than welcome to be on our sideline next week when we take on the Wildcats. The way I look at it those guys are Generals in my eyes. Hope to see you guys on our sideline next week.

To the pirates who finished that game last night.I would back you guys anyday of the week.Thats what football is about and seeing them finish what they started last night.

I got alot of respect for you guys.I hope to see some of you next week for sure.

Thanks for the kind words. We lost 5 players after half time because they were affraid to get hurt or something like that. We pay to play and that means to the end regardless. It was the last game of the year for us so why not finish it out. The 10 of us that stayed was the heart of our team. Pirates never quit no matter the outcome and we didn't. I would like to thank JT and the generals for even allowing us to wait 15 minutes late to start the game, allowing us to play the game with what we had, and even offering us a few bodies to help out. We truly meant no disrespect by not accepting the extra players but we started with what we had and we finished with what we had. Hats off the organization of the generals and good luck with all upcoming games.

Carlos #52 pirates...

I can't imagine quitting on your team in the middle of the game no matter how it's going. The players who stayed showed a lot of heart and should be proud.

First of all, I would like to congradulate the Generals on a well played game, and to send my best wishes for you guys in your championship run. I would love to be on the sidelines to help support; but, however I have to work this weekend. Just wanted to say thanks for the support and wish you all the best of luck!!!

Great reply Mr. Nave

Yes I wish to join my voice to Chris and Carlos and say Congrats to the Generals on a hard fought game. One of your players said we fought hard and that is all I can ask of the 10 MEN who stayed to finish the battle and journey we started way back in the cool days of March! I would call you my brothers in arms any day! We fought hard and played out hearts out and that is all one can ask of themselves. We left that field with our honor intact and our heads held high!! So Generals good luck next week. The next best thing to being the champs is only losing to the champs so may your journey continue!
Now to the ones who faded away I will leave with this quote for you and only you to ponder:

"Honor and character are not defined in moments of ease but in the moments of our lives when the way is uncertain and the way arduous!" ~#1 Gator Fan

Cheers to the ten men that finished the game and the season. If these young men stick together to form the core of a team in 2011, I have to believe they would be in good shape to turn things around in Madison County.