supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Guess not IFL!!

GRID IRON ALLIANCE TITLE TO YOUNGSTOWN
The Youngstown Steelers won the championship of the Grid Iron Alliance (AA), by beating the Rochester (NY) Renegades 20-17. The Steelers have received a invitation to play the Lima Warriors in the Sunshine Bowl Extravaganza AA National Championship is Homestead, Florida on January 16, 2011.

Top Ten only:

1. Kentucky Wolverines (15-1) GridIron Developmental League(1A)
1. Lima Warriors* (12-3) Heartland League Champion(AA)

2. Indiana Generals (10-0) Interstate League (AA)
2. Carolina Warriors (12-1) Gridiron Developmental League(1A)

3. Metro Detroit Wolverines (14-1) Great Midwest(1A)
3. Nobel County Wolfpack (9-0) Interstate League (AA)

4. Roscoe Rush (12-1) Mid States League(AA)
4. Chippewa Valley Predators*(9-1) Northern Elite Football League(1A)

5. Youngstown Steelers*(9-2) Mid States League (AA)
5. Carolina Cougars (9-1) Gridiron Developmental(1A)

6. Rochester Renegades* (9-1-1) Grid Iron Alliance(1A)
6. West Central Wildcats (8-1) Interstate League (AA)

7. Hinesville Hurricanes (6-0) Southeastern League(1A)
7. Central Ohio Wildcats*(11-2) Heartland League(AA)

8. Leyden Lions* (9-2) Mid State League(AA)
8 Atlanta Chiefs (6-1-1) Southern Football League(1A)

9. Jackson Juggernauts (5-1) Southern American League(AA)
9. St.Paul Pioneers*(10-2) Northern Elite League(1A)

10.Ohio Valley Warriors* (11-3) Heartland League(AA)
10.Fox Valley Force* (9-2) Northern Elite League(1A)

Two things stand out to me about this. One, where did these dudes come from, rankings wise. The second, notice how the Youngstown Steelers and the Rochester Renegades played for the GIFA title, but one is ranked 1A and the other AA??? Personally I think this blows. Was looking forward to playing the IFL champ, in my opinion, in what would be a much better game. SMH!!

Re: Guess not IFL!!

Guess the Warriors lucked out

Man mad props to the Lima Warriors go do the damn thang. God luck maybe next year playas.

I personally think this is stupid. Would much rather play a good team from an established league, than whoever these guys are. The Warriors and Generals or Wolfpack, would have made for a much better game. Personally, I don't even think this team will travel. This is why I tell people the whole "A" rating system is garbage. Maybe something will happen and this changes. I hope so!

Why would the #5 team in AA get invited instead of the #2 team? Not saying it will stay the Generals- Wolfpack could make it to #2, but either way, sounds kinda retarded to have a AA National Championship with the #1 vs #5 - especially when a team from the IFL will be undefeated, since the Generals VS Wolfpack will be undefeated when they play each other for the IFL Championship. Someone here got snubbed!

Why travel all the way to florida to play for some paper championship?? Why not organize the game locally and play it for wht this game is all about--having fun and giving the fans something to watch. Mad respect for any team that gets an invite, but it's just so the parent company can make money off of your bragging rights. The Generals are better off for not having to travel to this game and they will save a ton of money in the process. I'm sure the Bearcats can enlighten you if you doubt what I say. Anyhow, semipro is worse than college at saying who's the best--there's just too many teams across the nation to have one final "national champion".

This is a blessing in disguise maybe the teams won't see it that way but in reality it is, now NONE of the final four teams playing in the IFL will be distracted by the chance of traveling to the wonderful get away city of Homestead Florida, no pressure hanging over anyones head, no feeling of we HAVE TO WIN to play in the SUNSHINE BOWL.
There are several area teams and teams from surrounding states are are worthy of a Title game or a bowl game.
Why not find a site in Indiana or a surrounding Midwest state and have another bowl game or title game whatever you what to call it.
Maybe Lucas oil Stadium or Purdue Stadium or even Indiana, the teams could save lots of money and it would mean just as much as some game in Florida that someone decieded was a national championship game, the two team could make it a charity game and donate any profit from the game to a worthy charity say maybe to feed the hungry this winter or shelter some homeless folks this winter.
Why is it that the Sunshine Bowl is the all importany game there are other ways to reward a team or two for a great season.
Now to the final four teams in the IFL with Florida out of your mind concentrate on your game Saturday and enjoy the weekend of final four football.
If you all need any other reasons to forget Florida email the Bearcats from Evansville Indiana hear what they have to say about Homestead and the National Championship game.
Just stop and think the money it would cost these teams to travel to Florida could be used to pay for the facility and wow what a game it would be for those in the midwest.
IYou know every game has begins somewhere and why can't we have a bowl game in the state or area I mean come the Colts are hosting the Super Bowl next year cold weath has nothing to do with it.

It is funny, but several of us from the Bearcats Organization had planned on contacting the Generals Leadership to warn them about playing in this game and what to be prepared for. We talked about it in my van on the way to the GMFL "Weekend of Champions" this past weekend.

Personally, I would not want to see another team from our State deal with the BS of the game in Homestead. If the event was executed better, it would truly be a special thing, but I have seen fireworks stands on the road side with more organization than what I witnessed this past January...

In my opinion, we would all be better served by playing in a tournament such as what the Semi-Pro BCS is putting on with League Champions.

Props to the IFL for having 3 top 6 teams!
#2 Indiana Generals
#3 Noble County Wolfpack
#6 West Central Wildcats

All in the IFL semi-finals! Should be a good finish to an already great season!

Blessing and Paper game, you two are on to something. Anybody, and I mean anybody, can sanction a "National Championship" game. Semi-pro is so fragmented and disorganized that it would make perfect sense to do something like that.

MY OWN OPINION:

The Buckeye/Hoosier National Championship game. Play it in Fort Wayne, or Muncie, Indy or Anderson.....ok well maybe not Anderson, but you get my drift. Contact some sponsors. Play it in mid October and bam you have a champion this year. I do not officially speak for the Lima Warriors, but I would support something like this. The Warriors are going to Florida this year, but for the future????? Who knows. I just think it sucks that the IFL has three teams in the top 7 and no one will get an invite to Florida. Seriously though, those teams need to petition all of the remaning bowl games and other organizations that put on championships. Your league champ should get a bid somewhere. I hope it happens.

Bearcats GM:

I would like to know some of the roadblocks that you ran into, so that I can let my guys know what to look for. Any insight would be helpful, and if you don't want to do it on here and contact me privately. Let me know an I will give you my E-mail address.

Go ahead and email me with your questions. I would rather not share my experiences on an open forum.

It's been 3 years and I haven't said much on this subject, however, I feel like there are some things that should come to light so other people can make informed choices for their teams. I have no skin in this game and see no need to remain silent especially if it means that other teams that I have a lot of respect for could benefit from my teams experience.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the way things were run or handled with the "National Championship" game that is held in Homestead. We (A.C. Patriots) also had issues when we went to Florida.
I will make a laundry list of the problems and would be willing to help answer any questions that I can.
When we returned from our trip I vowed that we wouldn't participate in another event sanctioned by that body but would instead, play in a tournament like the mid-states if we were able to get an invite.

There are a lot issues with the governing bodies that host these things not the least of which is the inconsistency in determining who gets to be invited.
In our experience, we were ranked #1 in class "AA" but supposedly were the only undefeated team in that class. We ended up having to face a team that finished behind the Lima Warriors and Mid-Ohio Jets in class "1-AA".

There were no rosters submitted so they couldn't be verified, so teams could load up for the trip if they chose. While we chose to try and keep the intergrity of our team, we did pick up 2 players to fill vacancies by a couple of our own players who couldn't make the trip. The team we faced decided to load up. A complaint was launched by other members of their own league accusing them of using ineligible players. About 2 months later I received an email from the organizing body stating in fact our opponent had used illeagle players and that we were the "National Champions" however, they refused to make the team vacate their claim to the title or turn over the trophy. I was told that if we wanted a trophy at that point our team would have to get it ourselves and they weren't even going to reimburse us for the cost incurred.

The logistics of getting a team to Florida are a nightmare if you don't have a couple big time sponsors as the financial burden falls on the individual players or team owners. So if you have guys that can't find a sponsor or can't afford to go out of pocket for the trip, they stay home. Now some things may have changed in the 3 years since our trip, but I woould caution you to do your homework and weigh your options for your post season.

As with most "national" competitions in anything from football to bands to cheerleader its all about one thing,

the originator making $$$$$$

the BCS (GMFL) dose seem to have a legit system going.

Really organized games between sets of leagues would be more efficient.

Generals Warriors lets set something up!!!

I think it's funny all you people keep saying Generals this and that. They have to get pass the Wildcats this saturday. Let's do a fast break down.
The wildcats have given up the second fewest points this season. The Wildcats have been a scoring machine as well. The General players read all this this and that and think that they just got this locked up. It's cool keep over looking the Wildcats and see what happens. The Wildcats have more heart and pride than the Generals. Talent can get you so far but a team will win the championship. The Blaze,Wolfpack and Wildcats are more of a team than the Generals are by a long shot.

No General player is over looking the Wildcats. We know they have a good, hard nosed squad and we expect a battle on Saturday. We will be ready to battle for four quarters or more on Saturday.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

Dave you dont have to respond to that dude...if that is #4 he will talk no matter what. He was the dude talking crazy like he was an all world player when he was getting sacked while down 52-0. We know what we have to do and we know whats up. We havent gotten this far or done what we have done by not being a team, so lets keep to ourselves. See you today at practice and lets get better!

Accuracy?

Sunshine Bowl Extravaganza AA National Championship is Homestead, Florida on January 16, 2011
news update:Dick Suess, AFNT Staff Writer - 9/14/2010
There will be two separate National Championships for 1A &AA in January 2011, in Homestead, Florida.
The Lima Warriors, Champions of the Heartland League #2 have been invited to play in the AA game.

1. Kentucky Wolverines (15-1) GridIron Developmental League(1A)
1. Lima Warriors* (12-3) Heartland League Champion(AA)

2. Indiana Generals (10-0) Interstate League (AA)
2. Carolina Warriors (12-1) Gridiron Developmental League(1A)

3. Metro Detroit Wolverines (14-1) Great Midwest(1A)
3. Nobel County Wolfpack (9-0) Interstate League (AA)

4. Roscoe Rush (12-1) Mid States League(AA)
4. Chippewa Valley Predators*(9-1) Northern Elite Football League(1A)

5. Youngstown Steelers*(9-2) Mid States League (AA)
5. Carolina Cougars (9-1) Gridiron Developmental(1A)

6. Rochester Renegades* (9-1-1) Grid Iron Alliance(1A)
6. West Central Wildcats (8-1) Interstate League (AA)

7. Hinesville Hurricanes (6-0) Southeastern League(1A)
7. Central Ohio Wildcats*(11-2) Heartland League(AA)

8. Leyden Lions* (9-2) Mid State League(AA)
8 Atlanta Chiefs (6-1-1) Southern Football League(1A)

9. Jackson Juggernauts (5-1) Southern American League(AA)
9. St.Paul Pioneers*(10-2) Northern Elite League(1A)

10.Ohio Valley Warriors* (11-3) Heartland League(AA)
10.Fox Valley Force* (9-2) Northern Elite League(1A)

11.Mid Ohio Jets* (11-3) Heartland League(AA)
11.Carolina Cougars*(9-2) Gridiron Developmental

12.Cleveland Cobras* (11-3) Heartland League(AA)
13.Central Ohio Spartans* (11-2) Heartland League(AA)
14. Ky/Ohio Xreme* (11-2) Heartland League(AA)
15.Indiana Patriots (5-1) Crossroads League(AA)
16.Detroit Diesels (8-3-1) Great Lakes Football League(AA)
17.Columbus War Eagles* (10-4) Heartland League(AA)
18.River City Eclipse*(10-4) Great Midwest League

LIMA WARRIORS TO PLAY IN AA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
The Lima Warriors, Champions of the Heartland Football League (11-3), have been invited to play in the AFNT Sunshine Bowl Extravaganza of Bowl and Championship games the weekend of January 14,15 & 16,2011 in Homestead,Florida. They will be in the AA National Championship game. The Warriors started out their season with three loses, but put on a surge of eleven straight wins to capture the HFL Championship.
A opponent for the Warriors will be announced soon.

Says nothing about an opponent being declared at this time.

Re: Accuracy?

You have to go down a little farther and read the headlines under the rankings on the AFN site. That is where the byline including the Steelers is.

Re: Accuracy?

Thanks Lima Warriors HOF 10