supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GDFL Press Release

CAROLINA WARRIORS FACE KENTUCKY WOLVERINES IN GRIDIRON GAME I “THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OF MINOR PRO FOOTBALL”
09/15/2010 12:37 PM

Memphis, TN-With the best records in the Gridiron Developmental Football League, The Kentucky Wolverines & Carolina Warriors earned the right to play in the National Title Game, The Gridiron Game I, sponsored by Team Rebel Sports Direct & Liberty National Insurance, in Memphis, TN at Melrose Stadium next Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 5 p.m. CST on the GDFL Radio Network. The Warriors will take on the Wolverines, one of the most successful franchises in Minor Pro Football history.

Kentucky Wolverines (12-0) will attempt to capture their second Minor Pro Football championship as they take on the X-treme National Conference Champion, Carolina Warriors (12-0). The contest marks the 1st Inaugural Gridiron Game National Championship appearance for both organizations, and for the Wolverines; it’s the first since 2004 when they went all the way to earn the O.V.F.L Championship, the franchise’s most recent title. This is the first National Championship Game appearance for the Warriors.

Head Coach Jason Hemphill (Warriors) and Head Coach Greg Nolan (Wolverines), will more than likely go down as two of the most successful coaches in GDFL history, Nolan calls the plays for the Kentucky Wolverines. This is Nolan’s 3rd Season. Over the 8 years of existence, the Wolverines have posted an overall record of 90 wins, 17 losses and 1 tie. With a winning percentage of 83.8%, and being undefeated during the 2010 seasons, the Wolverines are one of the most successful athletic programs in the Kentucky region and the Nation. Jason Hemphill is in his second season as Head Coach of the Carolina Warriors with an impressive record of 21-3 with a winning percentage 87.5%.The Warriors also did not lose a game during their 2010 Season. Coach Hemphill has appeared in two Conference Championship games (1-1). He has built the Warriors into a powerhouse in has his sights set on winning The Gridiron Developmental National Football League Title.

The Gridiron Game’s most interesting matchups will center on how each team’s defense responds to the other’s offense. Both teams are very strong on both sides of the ball, with Carolina Warriors and Kentucky both ranked in the top five in total offense and passing offense, as well as scoring defense.

“This will be one of the greatest match-ups I believe in Minor Pro football History, this is a great time for the Gridiron Developmental Football League to spotlight two of the top Minor-professional football franchise in the Nation” said GDFL Commissioner Howard Gant. “This is a very strong League and if you happen to WIN The GDFL Title you have definitely won something major. Our League business model is sound and the product is vibrant. Gridiron Game I features two great teams that had fantastic seasons and enjoyed great fan support all year. This will be a fantastic championship game; two great teams with great players and great coaches”