supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blaze Generals questions

The season winds down to the final game, the 'SHIP as it is called.
The Indiana Generals against the Battle Creek Blaze,this should be a good one for all football fans, the high powered offense of the Generals against the sticky defense of the Blaze sound a little bit like last years title game.
The game is being held at Trine University and that is going to be a long haul for the Generals and their fans ( so much for a reward for being the number seed and having the best record ) but I guess the powers that be had their reason for doing this.
This brings up some very important questions that I think needs to be addressed asap for the fans of BOTH teams.
What hotel will the teams be staying in if any at all.
I'm sure the fans will want to stay in the same hotel if at all possible.
Will either team be spending the night on Friday
Will either team be staying on Saturday night.
There is much pride right now I'm sure both in indianapolis and also in Battle Creek
I hope these questions can be answered early in the week and on this site to help those fans determine where to stay and what nights to book a room.
Congratulations to both teams may you have a fun week and a fun Championship game. Both for the fans all players and coaches.
I would like to remind some of you players and even coaches this may turn out to be the final time you strap on those pads and play the game you love.

Re: Blaze Generals questions

I think your giving to much credit to the Blaze for this game. They may be in a very tough North division and can compete with everyone in the league EXCEPT the Generals. Put the Generals in the North division and they still will win by scores that they did in they South. The game will start off close at the coin toss but will become one sided after the first kickoff. Generals will win by 40.

Hulk
I think your giving to much credit to the Blaze for this game. They may be in a very tough North division and can compete with everyone in the league EXCEPT the Generals. Put the Generals in the North division and they still will win by scores that they did in they South. The game will start off close at the coin toss but will become one sided after the first kickoff. Generals will win by 40.

I'm giving credit where credit is due. The Blaze played a good game last night against a good Wolfpack team, it has been a long season and now the season records are out the window. I didn't start this thread to have it turn into one of calling out a team or making predictions.
I want this week to be the Super Bowl week of the IFL and the weekend to be something special and that they will remember for the rest of their lives.
Who is to say that one team is less deserving of this game. The season has come down to one final game and as has been proven many times in life at all levels ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANY * * * *
TEAM ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY ( OR SATURDAY )
Again congrats to both teams and organizations for your division championships

Congrats to the Blaze, and Generals. Good luck this weekend fellas.

its not the generals fault that nobody in the league can compete with them. good job generals bring that trophy back to nap.

There are a couple of hotels in the area offering discounted rooms to the teams and fans. We wanted the teams to have the hotel information first, so they can make their arrangements. The hotel information will be put out for the world to see later in the week.

CONGRATS TO THE BLAZE AND GENERALS IT SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE. BUT LETS GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE SOUTH IS WEAK SO TO THE GENERALS YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO WIN LIKE DAT SEEING AS NO OTHER SOUTH TEAM CAN COMPETE WITH ANY OF THE NORTH EXCEPT THE SHAMROCKS AND PANTERS BUT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD PROBALLY BEAT YOU I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HITMEN WHERE PLAYIN FOR BUT EVERYBODY IN THE LEAUGE KNOWS THAT IF IT MEANT SOMETHING TO THEM THEY COULD HAVE BEAT YALL IF THEY WANTED TO NOT TO MENTION THAT THE HURRICANES IF THEY WOULD HAVE HAD ANOTHER SHOT AT U GUYS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT OUTCOME AS SEEING THAT #10 IS BETTER THEN YOUR BEST PLAYER SO JUST KEEP THAT IN MINE AND SEE YOU NEXT YEAR AFTER THE BLAZE BEAT YOU

A NORTH DIVISION PLAYER
CONGRATS TO THE BLAZE AND GENERALS IT SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE. BUT LETS GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE SOUTH IS WEAK SO TO THE GENERALS YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO WIN LIKE DAT SEEING AS NO OTHER SOUTH TEAM CAN COMPETE WITH ANY OF THE NORTH EXCEPT THE SHAMROCKS AND PANTERS BUT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD PROBALLY BEAT YOU I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HITMEN WHERE PLAYIN FOR BUT EVERYBODY IN THE LEAUGE KNOWS THAT IF IT MEANT SOMETHING TO THEM THEY COULD HAVE BEAT YALL IF THEY WANTED TO NOT TO MENTION THAT THE HURRICANES IF THEY WOULD HAVE HAD ANOTHER SHOT AT U GUYS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT OUTCOME AS SEEING THAT #10 IS BETTER THEN YOUR BEST PLAYER SO JUST KEEP THAT IN MINE AND SEE YOU NEXT YEAR AFTER THE BLAZE BEAT YOU

Really? We put up a good fight against the Blaze in fact with if we didnt shoot ourselves in the foot we probably would have beaten them. Give the south some respect

A NORTH DIVISION PLAYER
I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HITMEN WHERE PLAYIN FOR BUT EVERYBODY IN THE LEAUGE KNOWS THAT IF IT MEANT SOMETHING TO THEM THEY COULD HAVE BEAT YALL IF THEY WANTED TO

No sir. No one else in the IFL thinks that. #1 - The Hitmen were playing for homefield advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs. #2 - No one goes into any football game NOT trying to win.

Both teams from the South that we played this year were good teams. I don't care who any team plays. You put up 545 points in 12 games, with 6 shutouts...you are a BEAST of a team!

The two teams that have proven themselves to be the best in each Division this season will square off at Trine this Saturday. We are honored to be one of them. May the best team come away with the Bushman Trophy!

Always the same: if this, if that...

Like my grandpa used to say, "If the dog hadn't stopped to take a crap, he'd have caught the rabbit."

It is what it is. It's history. Next year is next year; there's one more game. I think it'll be a good one.

Good luck Generals and Blaze. Play hard and stay healthy.

THATS KIND OF FUNNY YOU SAY GIVE THE SOUTH RESPECT WHEN YOU CAN BEAT A REAL NORTH CONTENDER THEN RESPECT YOU WILL GET GOODLUCK NEXT YEAR HOPE TO PLAY YOU GUYS

IF THATS REALLY WHAT YOU WERE PLAYIN FOR THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED WITH REST OF THE TEAM BECAUSE THEY SEEM TO THINK OTHERWISE BUT IT'S TURE THE TWO BEST ARE PLAYIN FOR THE SHIP LIKE I SAID IT WILL BE A GOOD ONE

A NORTH DIVISION PLAYER
THATS KIND OF FUNNY YOU SAY GIVE THE SOUTH RESPECT WHEN YOU CAN BEAT A REAL NORTH CONTENDER THEN RESPECT YOU WILL GET GOODLUCK NEXT YEAR HOPE TO PLAY YOU GUYS

Glad to see you suck and you couldnt carry your team to the ship.After saturday comes and goes all this talk will stop. Go get in the gym right now and start watching your fav nfl and college players highlights so you can knock out every player in the IFL next year and carry your team to the ship.

Until then keep crying and wishing you was playing this saturday instead of being at home creating yourself in madden and being a pro bowler for 13 straight seasons your garbage bro or you would have posted your name.

Chris Please stay of the site.

#72 generals
A NORTH DIVISION PLAYER

Glad to see you suck and you couldnt carry your team to the ship.After saturday comes and goes all this talk will stop. Go get in the gym right now and start watching your fav nfl and college players highlights so you can knock out every player in the IFL next year and carry your team to the ship.

Until then keep crying and wishing you was playing this saturday instead of being at home creating yourself in madden and being a pro bowler for 13 straight seasons your garbage bro or you would have posted your name.

YO THAT THAT COMMENT BOUT CREATIN HISSELF ON MADDEN HAD TO BE THE FUNNIEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN.....HAHAHAHAH IM OVER HERE LAUGHIN HARD

What time is the game and how much is admission?

YEAH THATS REALLY FUNNY CONSIDERING THAT HE'S A SPECIAL TEAMER ON A TEAM WITH 80 GUYS WHY DONT YOU STAY AT HOME AND SAVE YOURSELF THE HEARTACHE OF NOT PLAYIN WHO REALLY SUCKS NOW

Being a special teamer on a team with 80 guys isnt really a bad thing. Especially when the team scores 50 points a game. Thats a lot of kickoffs lol.

Now being special teamer on a team with 20 guys and you dont score very often. That would suck lol

YOU MUST PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS TOO DATS GOOD YOU YOUR STICKING UP FOR HIM BUT IM ON A TEAM THAT IS 35 PLUS AND SCORES POINT YOU LL FIND OUT WHEN WE PLAY GOOD LUCK THOUGH HAVE A GOOD ONE

hahaha jc, you got called out. should let him know that you are a special teamer. but also starting linebacker on the best defense in the ifl. must not know you have won the last 4 champonships in the ifl losing only two games in that span. he must not know what it is to be a leader on a team or he wouldnt be running his mouth behind a no name post. but guess what, hes alos at home this sat waiting to hear if you won another championship talking about how good he will be next year. well bro, we live in the now and right now we are in the championship and your a home. travel safe blaze, cant wait to battle it out for that nice trophy and a ring.

Someone is getting laid out saturday you can bet on that.

LOL. This dude is funny

Troy Edwards
There are a couple of hotels in the area offering discounted rooms to the teams and fans. We wanted the teams to have the hotel information first, so they can make their arrangements. The hotel information will be put out for the world to see later in the week.

With it being Wednesday and the middle of the week maybe you should post the info on the hotels for your fans since the reward for going unbeaten and having a number seed has now been made a mute point by the league.
I'm sure there will be many that will make the trip and I'm also sure the Blaze with this being a more or less a home game for them seems they should have many as well that will make that long boring half hour drive.
I started this as a way for fans to gather info and then all of a sudden it gets hijacked by big mouth who only calls himself Northern Division player, look if you want to talk your crap start your own thread let this one be between two very good football teams their records now are 0-0 and this is the ship nothing else matters the only thing that matter is who will be best prepared and who wants this game the most on Saturday.

Here is hotel info.

I am pleased to offer the IFL a special weekend rate of $65 plus tax during their tournament at Trine University. In order to get special rates team members or families will need to contact our hotel directly at 260-665-9471 and mention to the Front Desk Sales person that they would like to make a reservation under a group block for "IFL" for the weekend of September 24 and 25, 2010. Teams that need meeting rooms will need to talk to me directly to reserve them.

Our hotel is located on I-69 Exit 154 approximately 5 minutes from Trine University. All our guest get 10% off at the local Applebee's in town. Also our hotel is only 2 minutes from the local shopping outlets, sports bar and chain restaurants. Our hotel has indoor heated pool, sauna and free breakfast in the morning.

If you need any information please do not hesitate to call. We thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

Hitesh Patel
Ramada-Sales
3855 North State Road 127
Angola, Indiana 46703
Hotel Phone 260-665-9471

University Inn
1208 W Maumee
Angola, IN 46703
(260) 665-9451 Phone
(260) 665-8261 Fax
universityinnangola@hotmail.com

Thank You for your interest on behalf Of the Interstate Football League. Our small American owned and operated motel is located 8 blocks west of Trine University on U.S.20/Maumee St. We are also 1.6 miles east of Interstate Highway I-69, exit 148. We share a parking lot with Timbers Restaurant, a casual dining and lounge facility. One block east of the motel is a bar/ lounge called Wacky Jac's.
Room features include: Microwave, Mini-Fridge, Wi-Fi and 60+ cable TV channels. Coffee is available in the lobby after 7:00 AM, an ice machine, pop machines, and snacks are also available. We are offering a 20% DISCOUNT for your group. When calling to reserve a room please have members mention the IFL discount.
Standard and Deluxe rooms are offered. Standard room prices are: 1 bed- $ 47.20 +tax=$ 52.86 (reg. price $59.00 +tax=$66.08) 2 bed- $ 55.20+tax= $ 61.82 (reg. price $ 69.00+tax= $ 77.28) . Deluxe rooms are twice the size of standard rooms and have a kitchen sink, larger fridge, table with 2 stools, 6 ft. closet and larger bathroom. Deluxe room prices are: 1 bed Deluxe- $55.20+tax= $61.82 (reg. price $69.00+tax= $ 77.28) 2 bed Deluxe- $ 63.20+tax= $ 70.78 (reg. price $ 79.00+tax= $ 88.48). Rooms are available on a first come first served basis, and reservations are highly recommended .
We look forward to serving you,
Thanks again, Jeanette- Front Desk

Good luck to the Blaze and Generals. Enjoy the weekend, they have a lot to offer.

Tom

For all the complaining about playing the game at Trine, have any of the people who gripe actually been there. It is an amazing field and we should feel lucky as a league that they let us play there. This will go along way in the future in helping recruit new players.

i for one am excited to be playing the game at trine, esp on turf. our team has had 4 games on turf and all of our practices we spend time on turf. i also have heard from a player on our team who attended trine that the facility is top notch, the lights are really nice as well? would i rather be playing the game at out home field like previous years? obviously i would. but my entire is team is excited, we should be arriving in style and i promise ready to play in the champonship game. and hopefully next year like i have heard the game will be played a south location and if all things go right, the generals will be playing for title again, but im gonna stop worrying about that, im focused on saturday and the blaze. i hope as many teams players and fans can make it out to the game. it should be a hell of a matchup. i remember asking kurtis ploehn of the blaze at beginning of season after i met him at a league meeting if his team would like to play us preseason. his response was simple "hopefully we will be playing eachother in the championship" well here we are. look forward to speaking to you again sat. after the game of course, cause right now sorry i dont like you haha

oh and tom marsh i hope to see you too, i want my shirt haha

Coach Marsh
Here is hotel info.

I am pleased to offer the IFL a special weekend rate of $65 plus tax during their tournament at Trine University. In order to get special rates team members or families will need to contact our hotel directly at 260-665-9471 and mention to the Front Desk Sales person that they would like to make a reservation under a group block for "IFL" for the weekend of September 24 and 25, 2010. Teams that need meeting rooms will need to talk to me directly to reserve them.

Our hotel is located on I-69 Exit 154 approximately 5 minutes from Trine University. All our guest get 10% off at the local Applebee's in town. Also our hotel is only 2 minutes from the local shopping outlets, sports bar and chain restaurants. Our hotel has indoor heated pool, sauna and free breakfast in the morning.

If you need any information please do not hesitate to call. We thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

Hitesh Patel
Ramada-Sales
3855 North State Road 127
Angola, Indiana 46703
Hotel Phone 260-665-9471

University Inn
1208 W Maumee
Angola, IN 46703
(260) 665-9451 Phone
(260) 665-8261 Fax
universityinnangola@hotmail.com

Thank You for your interest on behalf Of the Interstate Football League. Our small American owned and operated motel is located 8 blocks west of Trine University on U.S.20/Maumee St. We are also 1.6 miles east of Interstate Highway I-69, exit 148. We share a parking lot with Timbers Restaurant, a casual dining and lounge facility. One block east of the motel is a bar/ lounge called Wacky Jac's.
Room features include: Microwave, Mini-Fridge, Wi-Fi and 60+ cable TV channels. Coffee is available in the lobby after 7:00 AM, an ice machine, pop machines, and snacks are also available. We are offering a 20% DISCOUNT for your group. When calling to reserve a room please have members mention the IFL discount.
Standard and Deluxe rooms are offered. Standard room prices are: 1 bed- $ 47.20 +tax=$ 52.86 (reg. price $59.00 +tax=$66.08) 2 bed- $ 55.20+tax= $ 61.82 (reg. price $ 69.00+tax= $ 77.28) . Deluxe rooms are twice the size of standard rooms and have a kitchen sink, larger fridge, table with 2 stools, 6 ft. closet and larger bathroom. Deluxe room prices are: 1 bed Deluxe- $55.20+tax= $61.82 (reg. price $69.00+tax= $ 77.28) 2 bed Deluxe- $ 63.20+tax= $ 70.78 (reg. price $ 79.00+tax= $ 88.48). Rooms are available on a first come first served basis, and reservations are highly recommended .
We look forward to serving you,
Thanks again, Jeanette- Front Desk

Good luck to the Blaze and Generals. Enjoy the weekend, they have a lot to offer.

Tom

Ok we have the info now there are two teams playing and someone is going to party hardy so instead of " where's the beef"
I'll say where is the party going to be

I look forward to seeing you Saturday as well, Mike! I do recall that conversation. I guess we're psychic, huh? Man...that seems like a long tome ago. How far we've come!

The Blaze is looking forward to representing the North at this beautiful facility at Trine. May the better team win. Good luck, good health and travel safely, friend!

A NORTH DIVISION PLAYER

i guess you were close on that one.

Re: Generals questions

Hats of to A NORTH DIVISION PLAYER. Really I mean it, do you seriously have nothing else to do? If the hitmen are as good as you claim, then they should have brought their A game, they lost, so suck it up. You sound real simple! If they had another shot??? LMFAO! They had one and they lost! Why is saying good job so hard for losers???? Oh that's right because they are always coming up with reasons why they lost and how they woulda shoulda coulda. If all your players are so good then the team would be in the championship, clearly they aren't and you my friend are probably the worst on the team, especially seeing as you can't even spell league right! lol! typical lame... good luck next year, and keep your excuse list ready!

J Gronberg
A NORTH DIVISION PLAYER

i guess you were close on that one.