supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The IFL is a Class Act

I've been around semi-pro football now for a few years. As a fan it's easy to get caught up in hating a rival team, hating the league because of things that you disagree with ect...I've never been a HUGE hater but I've had my days.

I never understood until this year that the IFL is FILLED with people who are caring and Generous. The outpouring that I have heard about for the coach/owner who's daughter is at Rileys. Well I'm overwhelmed with what I have heard.

From the moment of prayer at the mustangs last home game, to the raising of money to help the family. Well it's amazing the way the teams in this league have come together to help one of their own!

You men fight out on that field, and trash talk on here, it's a game and it's fun to watch. But what you have done when you have witnessed a real life tradgedy....THAT's what the IFL is all about! Real men stepping up helping each other out and then playing ball!
Congrats IFL for having such great teams, owners, and coaches in your league.

Our hearts and prayers still go out to Mitch Frantz and his little girl. May you all feel the prayers and generosity of the IFL and bring your daughter home soon.

Re: The IFL is a Class Act

I can't help but notice how little attention this post has gotten- at least relative to what it should.

It's always nice to find that people and organizations exceed expectations- and I am a big fan of letting everyone know when that happens.

This is a situation that no one wants to face. And Mitchell Frantz and his family are no different. They did not ask for Sierra to be ill.

But this is something that needs to be said. And I am thankful that Supa brought this up.

We can raise money, offer comfort and support, and try desperately to relate and tell Mitchell that we know how he feels. And I do not fault a single person for this at all. We want to say the right thing, we want to do the right thing, and we want to be there for the Frantz family. And we are.

We, the Mustangs, had the unfortunate situation of having a player from Triton’s football team pass away last season. We dedicated our next home game to him. We had his family there, raised a lot of money, and had a very nice tribute to him. After the tribute, his dad got up and went under the bleachers. My girlfriend followed him to make sure he was ok. She watched that man cry for the first time since his son passed away. At this point I realized that all the things we did made a difference, but he wanted one thing. His son back. And all Mitchell wants is Sierra to be well.

I am not saying that we are not doing the right thing. WE ARE!! Support is the best thing for the Frantz family right now. One less thing to worry about makes a huge difference.

The IFL is full of teams that take care of not only their own, but also the “other guy”. I did some checking and here is some things that I found.

The Midwest Force has participated in The Salvation Army’s “Stuff the Bus” campaign.
The Noble County Wolfpack played in a charity basketball game to raise food and funds for the Noble County Food Pantry.
The Indiana Cutter sponsored a youth football camp for grades K-8th Grade.
The KC Mustangs have sponsored a youth football camp, donated to local Food Pantry, and donated funds to the Jacob Berger memorial fund.
And our 2 Championship teams are also helping out.
The Generals have partnered with Sheltering Wings Center for Women out of Danville.
And the Blaze,,, how do you guys find time to play football?? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

So Supa… We need this post to be special. Too many times guys get on here and boast about how mean, fast, bad, tough, or whatever they can possibly make up. I would like to see teams, players, owners, fans, whoever get on this thread and boast about what you or your team do to help you community, or your team mates. This site is known for the trash talk, let's change that for just one thead.

As the original post said..

" You men fight out on that field, and trash talk on here, it's a game and it's fun to watch. But what you have done when you have witnessed a real life tradgedy....THAT's what the IFL is all about! Real men stepping up helping each other out and then playing ball!
Congrats IFL for having such great teams, owners, and coaches in your league."

See ya Saturday.
Mike K

With all the trash talk on this site, as a member of the IFL I feel honored to see and read these messages! The IFL truly is full of great people! There is no doubt about it that during games, people may think differently, but once the game is over it is nothing but respect between opposing teams, coaches, and players. Congrats to all members of the IFL! Lets continue to shine in the football community!

NCWolfpack 9
Kyle Marsh

You know that's why I said anything at all on here about this. You read the post about what the IFL is doing in this situation and you hear the stories. I know that Mitchell and his family are grateful for all the IFL is doing. But I felt it important to say thank you from someone other than the family.

Thanks "Voice" for pointing out all of the other ways that teams in the IFL help out their communities and charities. As I said earlier I really had NO idea how generous and thoughtful the teams were in this league and when you think about it...That's a shame.

If you can get on here and talk about how good you are as a player or a team...Well then go ahead and get on here and tell us how much you raised for the food pantry! I'm interested!! I'm listening!! And most importantly I'm thankful!!!

Thanks EVERYONE for ALL you do as part of this league to help others in need!