supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Semi Pro ball at its best

As you all know, I joke about my age and years in the league, but what I am going to say is pretty real....

Not to be Mr. Rogers here, but in regard to the IFL class act post, I just wanted to share some things that happened this year that ive really never experienced before and really thought it needed to be said.

Due to work schedule and distance, ( and lack of talent :)I played very sparingly - maybe 6-7 plays a game) this season, but as most know, ran my gums 24-7. It's what I do and they run much faster than my legs these days anyway.
But I always respect the players though, and try not to cross the line if I can.

When we played the Blaze, there was a DB covering our wideout on our sideline.
I stayed in his ear all game, yelling how he was too deep, or too close or how he was going to get burnt.
I know he heard every word, ( the whole stadium heard every word )
In the 1st quarter, he got a pick and after the play, looked right at me.
I smiled at him.
After the game, I told him I was trying to get in his head, but he didnt let me and I admired that. He smiled and said "Yeah, I know you were, and thanks."
I tried this with #31 and #22 of the Wolfpack with the similar result, during and after the game.

In the same Wolfpack game ( playoff ) I was in on a pass play and Our QB ran. I was coming back to make a block and arrived late and nearly blocked #31 in the back. I put my arms out to do the typical "I didnt touch him, ref" sign, but it easily could have looked like I was taunting. #9 was making sure nothing started, and advised me to just go back to the huddle.

After the game, he made a direct trip over to me and said "Hey man, I didnt know that was you!" I said it was cool, and he said it again...

Seriously, that may be the coolest thing Ive heard since playing the game.

Not that he recognized me or anything, but it showed how professional he is to be such a grown man to come and say something like that.

Later, I found out it was Coach Marsh's kid, so I see why and where he got it from. Not to mention, he's a father now and to be sure, will raise a great child.

There are some things you see at this level that are semi pro and some like the men I mentioned that are far above it.

It's always good when things like this happen, and if we focused on this type of thing versus all the negative "Im better than you" garbage = and see some of the "Im the best player I can be" stuff..and not just typed on supafan, but displayed on the gridiron, it would make the already great game we play something to be proud of when we are done playing for the day or the year, or for good.

ok, As you were..

Hendricks

Re: Semi Pro ball at its best

Oh, and I vote for Charles Gross for all league WR. He did not drop a pass all year!

Hendricks

Haha I think you have to vote him for the quietest player in the league too then if you're going to give him that award. LOL

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

You both are so right on the awards that charles deserves! :) haha

Charles? Award for loudness?

No way. As long as I've known him, he's primarily communicated with me through sign language - giving me the peace sign ( at least half of it )

:)

Hendricks

If you ask Charles he'll tell you that he is actually telling you that HE is #1.
Or his Redskins...
Or his VA Tech...
Or his...

(See a pattern there?)

lol!

no, no, no, the ole man has it all wrong. I think hendricks should get that vote. to be the oldest man in the league and not drop a pass all year, thats the man to get the vote. so vote hendricks

oh and by the way, mr dave, i actually would accept the quietest player of the year award, thats so thoughtful of you.

mike........i don't understand, its not like i am telling a lie when i say those things, lol

Is this Brian Hendricks???

Yep Mitch, it's me.

And Gross, 'oldest' in referring to me is spelled 'U-G-L-I-E-S-T'

Hendricks

Hendricks,

Wht up old man....Oh I forgot, I am a little seasoned myself and great post on how you should handle yourself as a player which applies to all levels of play. Are u making the drive over to the championship game this weekend?

Hitmen #26