supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Will the Generals go to Florida?

There are rumors floating on why the Generals won't go to FLorida. I don't understand any of them. A league championship really doesn't mean much if you turn down a chance to play on the big stage. Whats the point of playing this sport if going to florida and playing for a national title is not your ultimate goal?
We got the invite because the HFL is hands down the toughest AA league in the country. I know first hand cause I play for the Lima Warriors. I've also seen and played in a few IFL games this year. I've also played the Patriots who are currently 7th in AA from the Crossroads league. I got crudentials to speak my peace.
In closing I invite the Generals to come to Florida to play. It will just be the 40 of us because the official merge will not happen till after the game. Let the excuses begin....

Re: Will the Generals go to Florida?

Wow you know it all. Lets start with money $$$$$$$$$$$. Something the Generals don't have.

First off the generals didnt get a invite to florida.And nobody said the season was done yet.We might a few things in the works at least we hope so..

# 72 generals
First off the generals didnt get a invite to florida.

On that my friend you are dead wrong!!!

Why would a team that is perfect even consider traveling 900 miles to play a team that is located a 100 miles from them for a game that wouldn't be close anyway.
It is always easy for a team to get on boards and start calling people out but this Florida shit makes no sense at all.
First off who has certified this so called Sunshine Bowl "THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" game??
How many Indiana teams have had bad experiences playing in this game??
When where the rosters locked for this game??? I remember a couple years ago the Patriots went and got whipped by a team that "loaded up" it was proved that the team loaded up but nothing was done by the great people who run the almighty Sunshine bowl??
I think from what I read on here the Indiana Gnerals and their Coaching staff aren't afraid of anyone or any team but they have the common sense to realize a shame when they see it if this Lima team wants to play them so badly then play before you go to Florida you will still be able to play in the almighty SUNSHINE BOWL you will just be doing it with 4L's instead of 3.
Everyone says talk is cheap and that is very true if the Warriors want to settle this then make a call to JT and say the word and see how fast the game is on.
If nothing else these teams should do it for their fans, their players and their leagues.
I have seen and read all the arguments or as some call them excuses and to be honest I say they are not excuses but rather valid points that make lots of sense especially when it comes to money.
The Generals would play this game tomorrow I'm sure if only the Ohio egos would stopp saying how strong they are and how strong their league is and just as Nike says DO IT.
Playing in Florida is a lock for you and for that you get a pat on the back, now it is time for both the Generals and the Warriors to earn a huge pat on the back and 10 atta boy's and play each other here and now for those who have supported you can attend and see which team is the best,
NO LONG TRAVEL
NO LOADED ROSTERS
NO HARD FEELINGS IN THE END.
Give back to your fans and community that have supported you all year.
I won't predict a winner but I say this game is decided by less that 6 points to bad it won't happen.
I know my friends would pay to see it.

Why play at your home field?? See what you don't know is that the Lima Warriors have been you in this arguement. That is exactly why we want to go to Florida. This is old hat for us. So if the Generals are that almighty and aren't scared, head on down to Homestead. And please don't let the 3 losses fool you. The Lima Warriors will play their next game on January 16th, 2011 in Homestead Fl. Whether or not the Indiana Generals are the opponent....is on them.

Just get your team together call jt up make this shit happen.If not go play in florida and pretend your national champs..

Make this happen.

Generals #72 that call isn't going to happen and for one reason it is easy to talk on here but when it comes right down to it they are the ones with an excuse I mean they are already invited and accepted so losing wouldn't affect them.
It is no secret you all would play them so the ball ismin their hands it is a win win situation for them

I know it wont happen.They dont want to play us they just want to go 1200 miles and play for whatever reason.

Wrong again #72. I happen to know for a fact someone wanted you all and the Warriors to play in Florida. What you are proposing has already been done by the Lima Warriors and the results were less than stellar. It won't happen again. SO instead of trying to flip the script, stop making excuses and head on down to Florida.

sounds like the Lima team is just another buckeye team full of BS

Yea lets wait 4 months to play each other sounds like a plan.Lets play right now when both teams are at there best.

No reason to wait until winter and all that jazz get your team together and play.You wont come and play us you just want to say play in florida knowing we arent going there.

VALID POINT.
WHY DONT YOU ALL FORGET THAT BS GAME IN FLORIDA. HELL ITS COLD AND SHITTY IN FLORIDA BY JANUARY ANYWAY.
PLAY THE GAME IN MUNCIE DAYTON OR FTW IN TWO WEEKS...
4MONTHS IS STUPID. WASTED MONEY WASTED TIME AND A HALF ASS "CHAMPIONSHIP" WHERE NO ONE PROFITS

MAIN REASON: PLAY WHERE THE FANS CAN COME WATCH WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE A LOAN OUT AGAINST THEIR HOUSES!!!

LIMA OR GENERALS
MAN THE "F" UP

KURT ENGELKING

KURT36
VALID POINT.
WHY DONT YOU ALL FORGET THAT BS GAME IN FLORIDA. HELL ITS COLD AND SHITTY IN FLORIDA BY JANUARY ANYWAY.
PLAY THE GAME IN MUNCIE DAYTON OR FTW IN TWO WEEKS...
4MONTHS IS STUPID. WASTED MONEY WASTED TIME AND A HALF ASS "CHAMPIONSHIP" WHERE NO ONE PROFITS

MAIN REASON: PLAY WHERE THE FANS CAN COME WATCH WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE A LOAN OUT AGAINST THEIR HOUSES!!!

LIMA OR GENERALS
MAN THE "F" UP

KURT ENGELKING

NOW THAT'S a statement
thats tells it like it is play for your fans and bragging rights hell anyone can call a game at this level a national championship game, both teams are ready right now both are in shape and both say they would win the only way to get it figured out is someone man up and call it out Muncie at ball State on October the 16th or Fort Wayne anywhere just play the damn game or both shut up you all act like you are miles apart in reality you are just a short drive so stop with all the BS and excuses and either pad up or shut up

The Lima Warriors have made a commitment to the American Football News organization to play in the AA National Championship game in Florida and we will honor that commitment. This is a respected organization that is sanctioning this game and we are honored to be selected by them to play in a recognized National Championship game by an outside ranking authority.

If the Generals are chosen and accept the bid to play us, we will welcome the opportunity to play a great organization, all I wish for is a worthy team to meet us for this Championship game,

As far as the cost, I most certainly understand, we as a team and organization must fundraise and come out of our pockets to do this, but we feel this monetary cost is worth the trip, experience, and the addition of another ring!

If we do not play the Generals, I have no issue with you .........however it is not in my organizations best interest to play anyone till after our commitment to this bowl game is complete

If we do not play the Generals, I will be more than happy to schedule a pre season game next season my number is 567 204 3043. Have JT call me or give me his number and I will call and inquire, because I agree it would be a great game for our fans.

Rich Stotts
Lima Warriors President

And this is why Rich is president!!

Ok well now we see who is ducking who and that is my friends the end of the story and the discussion.
Good luck to the Ohio team now maybe the President can inform his players that he has spoken and they can shut up on the matter I'm sure that the Generals will get the same instructions.
No need to call and inquire about a pre-season game it wouldn't be the same teams this would have been a match that all semi=pro fans would have flocked to see so go soak up the un Lima hope you get the same treatment that Wolf and the patriots got a couple years ago and the Bearcats got last year you deserve it as for me you will never get a penny of mine from now on to attend any game that you are a part of.You aren't ducking the Generlas you are cheating the most inportant people you have YOUR FANS just how many of your fans do you think will get to see that dream game in sunny Florida

You cant say lima is ducking when they are the ones going to florida. The only reason the generals isnt going is because they would have to play someone better than they are or has the same talant and scared of that lose. It seems to me the last time you played someone at your level you was losing 9-0. Thank god for the weather stopping that one. Buck up and play. Oh and I have seen Lima and the Generals play and there is no way the generals can handle Lima's speed on either side of the ball. The only reason the generals are talking big against lima is because they know they are not going and will always duck Lima.

Lance
I know first hand cause I play for the Lima Warriors. I've also seen and played in a few IFL games this year. I've also played the Patriots who are currently 7th in AA from the Crossroads league. I got crudentials to speak my peace.

So, it was true the Ohio Outlaws had ineligible player/s in the Wildcat playoff game? I really don't care if you did or not... just curious.

I believe the selection committee needs to be careful when selecting which teams are chosen to go to Florida. While the Generals in record appear to be a pretty viable team, so were the Bearcats from last year. They went through their league with ease and yet were fed to the wolves when headed south by the Ohio Jets. For those who question why go to Miami to play a game, well it is a special thing for a player to accomplish. Is winning the IFL that special of a thing. If I went to say Michigan or Ohio I can lay money on the fact that people could not name two teams in the IFL if they knew what the IFL was in the first place. Most believe it is the Iron Man Football league. How do you get recognized? It is by making this "ridiculous" trip and playing in these games. The HFL has been around for two years now and already very easily two names are remembered in the Jets and Warriors. I think the true Question should be not if the Generals are going, but should they be invited?

WCW Landry #2
Lance
I know first hand cause I play for the Lima Warriors. I've also seen and played in a few IFL games this year. I've also played the Patriots who are currently 7th in AA from the Crossroads league. I got crudentials to speak my peace.

So, it was true the Ohio Outlaws had ineligible player/s in the Wildcat playoff game? I really don't care if you did or not... just curious.

No we didnt. We had two lineman and receiver that played our third game against the force. There for they were eligible to play the rest of the season with us but only played in playoffs. We have it on film. They played most of the fourth quarter that game. Hope this clears it up. Also how you doing is everything heeled up, We hope so. You are one great athlete.

You know what....who cares if we dont go to Florida? So you think you can call us out because we wont go, but its ok that you dont want to play us before that game? Yeah that sounds real childish. lol.

I would say its probably best to worry about who you are gonna play and keep your mouths shut, because it does nothing to make your team better or more prepared for the game you have coming up. Be grateful you have the opportunity to play and the money to go.

Your president has made a decision not to play before the "national championship" game because he thinks its best for the team, just like our organization has made the decision not to go to Florida.

We are not scared to play any team and saying we are wont do you any good. I confident that the game would go just like all the other games have gone this year. Starts off with a laugh before the game, then the other team stares and is amazed by our warm-ups, then by time the game is over the other team is wondering what went wrong or wonders if the score board light are messed up because it couldnt say 75-0 or 51-14!

Good luck in January. Travel safe and have fun!

just wanting to clear something up when the cutters played the generals they did not light up the scoreboard,did not shut them out, did not blow them out the water. the cutters were not intimidated by their "warmup" or anybody on their team. i was there at that game and i can say and i think the generals can vouch for this the cutters gave them the best game they played all year. so as far as games that coulda, woulda, shoulda the cutters should have played them in the first round of the playoffs instead of the pirates. the pirates are a team that we all knew what the outcome would be. the game would be played with a crappy roster. they could have let the cutters play now that would have been a game people wanted to see.

Like jc said everyone laughs about the generals til they play us.They think we arent worthy of even being there or even be invited funny we have lost 1 game in the last 2 years.We have beat every team by 20+ points no matter who they are.We have had 6 shutouts.We won the IFL championship by 37 points.We have played anyone who wanted to play us this year.But we arent worthy.Who gives a damn if we go to florida. If you wanted to play us you would be saying lets play.If you wanted a excuse to not play us you would be saying exactly what you have been saying this whole time.We are going to florida bs..

We asked you to play you have said no so we see who is ducking who now.

fan of semi pro
so as far as games that coulda, woulda, shoulda the cutters should have played them in the first round of the playoffs instead of the pirates. the pirates are a team that we all knew what the outcome would be. the game would be played with a crappy roster. they could have let the cutters play now that would have been a game people wanted to see.

Maybe but since the Cutters lost to the Pirates they failed to EARN that opportunity to play us. All games between the Cutters and Generals have been good games don't get me wrong. But I've always been taught in life that if you want something you have to EARN it. As depleated as that Pirate team was, it was that team that EARNED the spot in the playoffs and not the Cutters.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

let me just say that i am confused as to how the Indiana Generals can pass up a game of this magnitude. A ring, bragging rights to beating one of the nations premier semi pro football programs, and all the great fun stuff that goes with that on the line and you guys dont even want to consider it??? you know when i was in high school and coaches were schedualing scrimmages teams turned us down bc they were scared saying the same things that the Generals players on here are sayini have had the great oppourtunity to watch both teams play and play against both teams, and i have to say that the Generals are a big fish in a small pond. heres a thought for management of the Generals, MOVE TO THE HEART LAND CONFERENCE what do you have to lose? well other than blowing every team up and that way if you are really better than the Warriors, who have proved time and time again that they are the best by beating the best, you can try to prove by playing them in season no ring on the line if that makes you feel better. and to lance and the other warriors players on here i wish you guys the best of luck in the AA Championship game. Bring the 'chip back to limaland boys. Goodluck and Gid bless to the Warriors and to the genereals you guys have some thinking to do

I realize that you Generals are giddy over your first title, but lets have a little history lesson.

Outside of the last two years you have been nothing more than an average team. This talk of us standing around in awe at your warmups is hilarious. You have had 6 winning seasons in your 8 years of existence, which is commendable.

2002-3-8
2003-7-2-lost championship
2004-5-4
2005-3-6
2006-5-7
2007-7-4
2008-4-6
2009-10-1-lost championship
2010-11-0-IFL champions

Now in comparison the Lima Warriors

2001-3-9
2002-9-3
2003-12-6
2004-14-3-lost OVFL championship
2005-11-2
2006-10-2
2007-14-0-USFA League and 1AA National Champions
2008-9-2
2009-12-2-Lost USFA Championship
2010-12-3-HFL Champions

This year was our 7th consecutive division championship across 4 leagues.

See, this ain't our first rodeo. So please keep believing that we would be in awe of you when we step on the field. Now our president has extended an invitation to play, after we take care of business in Florida. We also are not scared to play any team and saying we are won't do you any good.

Now that's what I call being called out!!!!

Look im not gonna get into a pissing match with anyone about what I have done or you have done in the past. Everyone knows that the General team is not the same team this season or last season, that they were before. Its a completely different team. I think you should be proud of what you have done.

It looks to me that the warriors are the ones dying to play the Generals. Not the other way around. Also, I never said any team is scared to play us.

Al, they can call us out all they want. When they are ready to play this game im sure it will happen. But a lot closer and it will cost a lot less money.

Hopefully you can get the Generals off your mind enough to prepare for the game in January. Im sure we haunt your nightmares lol. Good luck.

I know jc , but im one of them guys that would love to see this game happen , then me and my buddy Kurt could come and talk some spit

Dont get me wrong, I want the game to happen....If i didnt why play football. I mean you know me, I will run through anyone...or at least try.

Lets just say this. They "cant" play before January, we "cant" play in Florida in January, so hopefully it can happen sometime soon.

This has gone on and on and it is proving nothing at all.
First off I'm proud to have been able to serve as Coach JT's special teams coach this season, I'm proud of the Generals team and every player on that team.
I like everyone else would love to have this game happen, or any other game happen it is just the way we are, we love football and doing battle on the field, and yes even the back and forth banter on here.
I have something to say now that I hope doesn't start a whole different discussion because what I'm about to say I am writing with a very heavy heart.
JT has posted a message on another thread on this site, he and his family are dealing with something much greater than football and I know what he is going through, as cancer has touched me personally twice since 2001 but both times God has touched me and healed me, I have watched my Mom suffer from this aweful sickness as well as my step-father.
I think we all should just take a moment and reflect on what we are argueing about here.
JT is a hell of a Coach some like him some don't but I think he has earned everyone in semi-pro football's respect and I think we all need to show him some respect at this point in time and stop with the banter about playing a game.
To the Lima Warriors congrats on your invitation go to Florida and represent the Midwest, Lima, and your league well, enjoy the trip and the game and bring back the trophy. I wish we could have played you all but in life we don't always get what we want and sometimes other things in life are more important than football, I'm going to ask you guys as I'm going to ask the Generals and our fans to please stop with the posting on here about playing this game, football now has taken a backseat to a family needing a husband, father and brother.
To the Generals and our fans please lets stop the back and forth banter on here, you have many things to be proud of, you had a super season one that don't come along very often a perfect season and topped off with your first ever league championship.
I like everyone else hate to see the season close it has been such a fun ride with you all.
Lets give JT time to be with his family and offer him all the support that we can as the Generals family.
My prayers go out to you JT and your family if you need anything don't hesitate to call me. May God bless you and your family and give you strenght to deal with the illness that has fallen on your family.
Coach Allen
Special Teams Coach
Indiana Generals 2010