supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
favorite games

Just to change the subject im curious as to what everyone's favorite games all time they played in. Mine are in no order
Scorpions vs mustangs 2007. Hottest game I ever played. Both offenses struggled so bad mustangs won of 2 defensive tds.
Cardinals vs titans 35 to 35 tie awesome game anyone who saw it knows
Cardinals vs wolfpack refs killed our winning drive turned over on downs and wolfpacks rb fumbled while running out the clock our offense scores and game hinged on out pat. Glad the kicker made it prolly the second hottest game ever.
Scorpions vs generals 2004 we lost when our written fumbled the ball running the ball into the endzone for the tie. I loved playing for the Scorpions great group of guys plus I got to play with my two closest friends plus made friend with guys I will be friends with for life

Re: favorite games

I'd say it was the national tourney game Game of the South bend Stampede vs Chicago Thunder in '04.

COLDEST dang game, it was a Sunday in December and like MAYBE 10 degrees. And on turf that might as well been concrete.

We won on Steve Zoeller's FG with no time left.

That and the Generals vs Crush in '08 when were down like 25-7 and came back in the fourth on Jesse Parsley's TD with about a min left. Jermaine Wilson played QB and threw 2 TD's in the final period.

We won, I tthink the final was like 26-25 or somn..

Hendricks

titans and steelers last min. drive by the titans to to score the go head td and mike griffens last second interception to seal the win for the titans in 2008 and then the 35 to 35 tie with the cards in 2009 that game was a classic

Its crazy two years later people still talk about the cardinals titans game. I know other teams from all around Indiana were there watching. Coaches and players from the pirates generals stampede and patriots were all there plus teams from the titans league were all there, it was a packed house. I know our qb had atleast 300 yards passing and our wr TJ Snow had a monster game. I have played with 3 guys that were incredibly dominant like that. TJ Snow, Matt Pettiford and Billy West, when they play they play they make the game look easy. TJ scored on a wr screen and made the D look like they were in slow motion. The whole game was so back and forth if we would have played the last few mins of the game it could have easily been 50 to 50.

Hendricks,

That championship game between the Crush and Generals was my best game, ha 2 INT, one returned for a TD, I was #42 at the time. That was a great game. Id have to say the trip home made it all the better for the loss though, stopped at the liqour store! I still think that was one of the best games I've ever been apart of though.

yes sendo that was a great game a young our qb had a field day in the air and on the ground and do not leave out cory martin a great player i would have loved to have finished that one just to see what the out come would have been my hat is off to all that played that game it was a classic

2005 Broncos vs Pirates we were down 12 or 13 points with 2 mins to go. We scored kicked a onside kick.Then a 55 yard pass to score again to win the game.

2005 broncos vs pirates playoff game.Josh white kicks a 58 yard field goal to win the game for us.

2006 Broncos vs cougars. Was a low scoring game we were down at halftime pretty big mounted a comeback after the coach had quit and the players coached.

2007 Broncos vs crush. going to the crush winning the game by 1 point. we scored on the 1 yard line with 1 second to go and won by 1 point

2009 efaf finals in italy was a game ill never forget just because the atmosphere and what it was like to play with so many fans from both countries being there.

But my favorite games of all the 2005,2006,2007,2009,2010 IFL championship games and winning them all besides the 2009 was great games and good memories.

hey coach hill told us all about that broncos vs pirates game........that is crazy loll.....

i only have 2 favorite games that i will never 4get.the first one was 2007 pirates vs blitz 2nd rd playoff. we tha pirates were 20-0 in tha 4th qt wit 9min left in tha game....at that final 9 mins coach dane hill took our team over tha side ( mind you we had no coach,and coach hill had jus showed up to watch the game in miami county,dedication) and gave us the most motivated speech ever....deonte vaughn was playin qb and a TD pass to devon simmon,then we kicked an onside kick which marshall blasted one of there players who was goin after tha ball,we got it back and score again,then the defense held them to 4th and long in which they tried to punt but we blocked it and someone ran it in for a TD now the score was 21-20 and all we had to do is stop them..well they marched all the way within the 5 i think clock was maybe at 8secs and they go for tha game winning kick and me and eric got in there for the blocked FG (more eric than me) and we won tha game...biggest comeback i have ever been apart of...

2nd game was 2010 pirates vs cutters......we were down 14-26 in the 4th qt...we scored 26 unanswered points to win the game 40-26

2001 broncos vs scropions we had like 20 guys at the scorpions it was hot as hell and we rolled them up.
1995 or so playin the cheifs in a drivin rain that floated the ball
2005 the huge comeback against the pirates
and then same season Josh white kicked 58 yard feild goal to win
2006 vs cougars was down coach quit we came back and win
2007 waxing the mustangs 31-0 in our thrid strraight championship

The Bronco/ Crush game was a great game!!! I will always remember that one.

And I thought it was 37-0 in that championship game and my first of 4 by the way!!! lol

I was at that game, and White's FG was only 45. I still remember that game like it was yesterday. At least the ending, and my brother can attest to that.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

Im going to have to throw in the back to back championship games with the Cutters. We were up against the Mustangs at half. They came back to take the led and then we ended up winning by 1 point in the end.

Then next year was last year against the Generals. When the score ended in a 7-6 win. Those were two very exciting and important games.

Uprights1_NCW
I was at that game, and White's FG was only 45.

Hi Brian

Isn't it great how much longer the FGs and TDs become over the years? I've always said, "The older I get...the better I was."

:)

A b-...dont forget every game wit us and central ohio

South Bend Stampede against Central Ohio Lions at Brandywine. Lakeshore Football League Game came down to the last minute Javon Palmer scored wit like a couple minutes left in the game. After Central Ohio's Joe Walburn threw a pick to yours truly. We scored next possesion, then after kickoff Central Ohio had a series that was crazy led by Robert Redd who was on lock all game(by your truly) and Kirshaun Gilmore, and the arm of Joe. Man them were some of the best games ever. Also when we played the Miami Valley Panthers those game were rough too, u couldn't tell by the score though but the Panthers brought it.

Holder, you have to mean 2008. In 2007, you played for the Chargers.

Sendo, I hated playing against Pettiford. My first year in semi-pro, they had me playing offensive tackle. I'm can play guard or center, but I'm not fast enough to be a tackle. I hated playing against you guys because I couldn't even get a hand on him off the ball. He was around me before I could stand up. I did crack him pretty good when we practiced for that Crush tournament up their in their facility (with the carpet that gave you nasty rug burns) but that was probably the only time I really touched him. I remember a game when we played up in Huntington when it was about 95 degrees out. He intercepted us and ran it back for the touchdown. One of our guys was yelling on the sideline that he couldn't be that fast and griping that no one caught him. I looked at him and said, "If you think you can catch him, go for it." He was much faster than a guy that size should be.

Pettiford was a beast. In one game he scored two tds playing TE and got 8 sacks. Pruolly one of the nicest guys you could ever meet

Yes, he was. A nice guy and humble. He was supposed to play for us when we started the Wolverines, but it just didn't work out schedule-wise.

I guess getting back to the subject of this thread, my favorite game has to be when the Wolverines played the Bearcats last season. We had to cancel the first game due to field conditions and got nothing but grief about it from players. I spent that entire Saturday making phone calls and putting out fires. Since our owner had decided not to travel to them for our away game, the game was made up on Labor Day weekend. There was a great deal of hype that led up to that day. We were chicken for not going down there and they were going to make an example out of us.

We were pumped for this game. We knew we were facing a juggernaut and had no hope of winning. Our goal was to prove that we weren't going to lay down. We moved the ball down the field on them a couple times to the point of them getting VERY frustrated. We should have scored twice on them but our quarterback fumbled the ball. I can't fault him for that because we were coachless at the point and he he had called the plays the got us down the field. We did get in their head and frustrate them and let them know that we weren't going to lay down. I talked to Zach after the game and he admitted we got in their heads. Every person on that team knew we were outmatched and not a single one gave up. We did make them work for it and I'm proud of that game.

Bill Bosworth
Holder, you have to mean 2008. In 2007, you played for the Chargers.

Sendo, I hated playing against Pettiford. My first year in semi-pro, they had me playing offensive tackle. I'm can play guard or center, but I'm not fast enough to be a tackle. I hated playing against you guys because I couldn't even get a hand on him off the ball. He was around me before I could stand up. I did crack him pretty good when we practiced for that Crush tournament up their in their facility (with the carpet that gave you nasty rug burns) but that was probably the only time I really touched him. I remember a game when we played up in Huntington when it was about 95 degrees out. He intercepted us and ran it back for the touchdown. One of our guys was yelling on the sideline that he couldn't be that fast and griping that no one caught him. I looked at him and said, "If you think you can catch him, go for it." He was much faster than a guy that size should be.

BILL,R U SURE CUZ I HAVE BEEN PLAYIN FOR 4YRS THIS WOULD BE MY 4YR AND MY FIRST YR WAS WITH THA DRAGONS AND CHARGERS SAME YR

Absolutely sure. I played for the Sting in 2006 and 2007. I remember when those Dragons players came to the Chargers in 2007. I was also at the MFL league meeting in 2008 when the Pirates got in the MFL because I was representing the Wolverines when they got in. So you could not have played the Blitz while on the Pirates in 2007. Recall that 2007 was the year the Chargers played the Vikings with only 10 guys.

This is a great thread. I guess it says something that I remember almost all of these games- perhaps that I've been around too long .

Keep it going, gents.

One game that was alot of fun that I originaly left off was the game this year against the blaze. I figured since it had barely been 2 months since we played it it was tough to rank it up with the best. I belive we were down at the half 29 to 0. Second half we got a pic 6 on D and that opened the game up. We had a chance to tie the game late but the blaze had a good defensive play in the redzone and killed our drive with a pic on 4th down. Fun game

Rage Vs. Stampede...rage was on the verge of upsetting the mighty stampede wit bout 2 mins left in the game there tailback took a dive bounced it outside and took it bout 60 yards for the t.d. that broke our hearts...guy was really fast dnt know his name...loved playin the stampede always a physical game and for the most part we held our own against that explosive offense!!!

That tailback was Corey Martin #26 for the Stampede. I remember the Rage had this one back big as hell. He didnt play the first time we played them, but that next game wow. That might be the game ur talking about. I tackled him one play at his legs, and his knees hit my helmet MAN!! Kirshaun Gilmore for the Central Ohio Lions got me like that too them two catz run hard. Thought I had a concussion lmao...

I remember that game.
We were up like 7-3 most of the game but we normally could run the ball and the Rage stuffed us all night. Beef really prepared well for us. After we scored one late to go up 14-3 in the 4th, Dave Overla from the Rage returned the ensuing kickoff 89 yeards for a TD, and that place went nuts.
I admit, I was nervous at that point.
That was when on our next possession with like 3 min left, Corey ( Stampede #26 ) came arund the right on a sweep and I was out there with DB #4 ( Man I loved that guy, but can't remember his name) and tried to keep him off Corey. Luckily for me, Corey out ran us both to the zone.
At the end of the game, Coach Zent said "Great win, but if you are dead tired, sore and beat from a game like this, you werent working out there!"
We all just groaned, but smiled cause we knew we just finished a war. I was sore for three days after that game.

Hendricks

2008 Championship Mustangs and Cutters, Cutters beat us by one point. Bad call by the refs on Zach Hile lost the game for us.

Oct 24 2004 Warriors 28 Cougars 20 The first IFL championship game at the RCA dome, to bad the Colts had to get good and make it impossible to play there after that. The game was great but getting to play in the dome was priceless.

I would have to list mine in no particular order.
1.Kokomo Mustangs vs. River City Rhinos 1997, Comeback victory for the Rhinos after coach was tossed.
2.Allen County Xplosion vs. Lagrange Longhorns, comeback victory by Xplosion, I kicked a 44 yarder to tie it, and then a 35 yarder to win it.(It was playoffs)
3.Noble County Wolfpack vs. Battle Creek Blaze 2010(1st meeting)
4.Noble County Wolfpack vs. Hitmen 2010
5.Any game I got to go to Racine and play the Raiders(What a great experience)
Come to think of it, I think all these games were ones we won and I kicked the game winner. Funny huh:)
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

That hitmen game was a pretty good one Brian.... How long was that field goal again??? 40 45 yrds? I think it would have been good from 50... hands down the best kicker that I have ever played with....(sorry larry)

It was 52 yards.

ok check that then it would have been good from 55 at least