supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Right now

First I want to say thank you to the Battle Creek Blaze for a great game. I will be the first to say I wanted the Wolfpack but you guys gave us a great game.
Now I have kept this to myself for many reason but I will let everyone know what's going on. My wifes dad has lung cancer and is very bad. I have put my family and her to the side and gave the Indiana Generals my all. Now I have to be a husband and father and take care of my family. I have twin eight year olds in third grade, a 10 month old son & a 16 year old sister who I have to take care of. As much as I want to play for a National title game I just don't have time. Im sure people will say this is just another excuse or whatever. Anyone who knows me knows that I fear no man or team or anything.

Re: Right now

J.T. ~ Again, congratulations on the win.

I am sorry to hear of the news on your father-in-law. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. YOU KNOW that you are doing the right thing and IMHO you do not owe anybody an answer that you have not already given... ESPECIALLY... some nameless chumps that show up on this forum with regularity. Anybody that does not understand and respect your position on this ain't worth the sweat off a bear's nuts".

I saw a post on here the other day of someone saying that playing for a National "Chocolate Chip" should be the goal of every team. I am sorry but this s--- AIN'T THAT DEEP! At the end of the day... IT IS STILL JUST A GAME! and as DH80 would say... "If you ain't playin' on Sunday..." well... you know.

great season JT and your father in law is in my thoughts and prayers you are a great coach and anyone would be lucky to play for you.

Coach...you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of the Battle Creek Blaze. We deal with local families battling this terrible disease on a weekly basis and we know how difficult and devastating it can be.

Please let you father-in-law know that there are 50 guys in Battle Creek MI wishing him well. Draw strength in the knowledge that your family shares great love.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.i help coach with Noble County Wolfpack i myself had family with cancer also so i know how it feels good luck you are a good coach and it would have been fun to play you

As a man who has played for Coach Josh Terhune, I need no explanation as to why the Indiana Generals will or will not go furhter in playing during the 2010 season. This young man has led a group of men to a Championship during a very trying time in his families life. He has done the little things to make champions out of the Generals organization. When all of us lool back on our careers as players in semi-pro football we will look to the "Leaders" that made us take that little extra effort to make us champions regardless of titles. As I come to the end of my playing days all I can hope is that Coach JT finds the right oppurtunity to pursue his dreams as a football coach. In ending this post I will say that I will be in any 2010 Generals foxhole any day of the week to help them succeed not only on the football field but in the challange of life.

JT, I have no idea who you are, nor do you know who I am. But, let people talk. They always will. Family first. I love football. I know you do too. But, football is 100 percent irrelevant compared to your family. I'll pray for you and the family. I really hope things work out for you and I apologize for what people say. They're ignorant and stupid.

Thank you all very much for your kind words. I will keep everyone updated on everything.

JT,

First, I do know what it's like to face lung cancer. My mom passed from it and my dad is currently battling it. I would encourage everyone who smokes to consider that the next time they light up.

Second, I would like to say what I do know about JT. This is a guy who took his time to email a lowly player about his team several years ago with encouragement. When I got involved with this level of ball, I was pretty raw and I did come to this site and defend my team. JT took it upon himself to email me personally with encourging words and I have never forgotten that. Since that time I have helped run a team and been a league rep and I haven't forgotten that example. JT is truly a unique individual.

Best Coach in semi-pro in my opinion.