supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dirty Hits

So with the changes in NFL rules with head to head contact or "dirty" hits will we see stricter enforcement of this rule in Indiana Semi Pro next season?

-Just some food for thought

Re: Dirty Hits

How do you figure on regulating and enforcing this?

let first work on taking fighting out of semi-pro and establishing some sort of player code of conduct

It would be simple the Refs could report to the league president. Then the president can review the situation and make the final decision. It can be very similar to how IFL teams report on their Refs for the week. Although I dont think this is a huge deal and Indiana/Western Ohio leagues should focus on other things this off season. I would like to see a super league, but as everyone else will say after I post this it won't happen.

Peckham

This is a terrible idea! Football is violent! How can you hold refs accountable for determining this? They need to concentrate on making correct calls as it is let alone have them judge what is a great hit vs a "dirty hit". If hits scare you then join a flag team!

isnt it the refs job to moderate these kinda hits anyways. So it would just be one extra step to report it

honestly guys, I have been playing semi pro for a while now, and you just don't see the same kind of hits in our league that you see in the nfl anyway. yeah every now and then you will see a big hit, but nothing like what you see in the league. besides have the hits in the league they are wanting to fine are stupid anyway. it football, its violent, thats why men love it.

gross #19
Noble County Wolfpack

iF and olny if it were the refs responsibility... in which its not. and report to who.... the indianapolis star??
who the fuck cares!
if you have problemS with loss of hearing and memory then play intramurals.

you fellas already complain about the refs... correct?
add something like that and see how they do.. next thing you do your star player is out for three weeks for doin a belly flop on another player and THATS IS BULLSHIT AND SO IS THIS GUY AND THIS THREAD!!!.

THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO GO FULL F'IN GO
WHEN I HIT SOMEONE I DONT THINK ABOUT THEIR FAMILIES
SURE I CARE JUST NOT ONE FUCKING BIT AT THE TIME BUT WE ALL SIGNED UP FOR THE SAME THING!!
CORRECT??????

KURT

It would be the league responsibility to obtain "dirty hits" list KURT. I made this thread to create some new ideas to the game not to get people angry about it and post things in all caps haha

With apologies to the original poster, this post doesn't mean much because this isn't the NFL. I've not played in every league, but I do know that most of our rules are modified high school rules. Therefore they trickle up from high school and not down from the NFL. I have been, and always will be, the biggest advocate on here for player safety. However, as gross19 said, I don't think you see those kinds of hits at our level. And I would argue that the guys in the NFL are no longer using fundamentally sound tackling techniques. They are trying to hit a guy hard to dislodge the ball. At ANY level, leading with your head is just plain stupid! I've seen players treat concussions lightly. When your brain bounces off the inside of your skull, that's a major thing. It's also a good way to break your neck. At our level, none of that is worth it. If you're really the type of guy who goes helmet to helmet, you're stupid. Period.

As I said, I haven't really seen that. What I have seen is a lot of uncalled late hits and those are just as dangerous. A guy who's out of the play or a quarterback who's gotten rid of the ball 3 seconds ago is not expecting to get blindsided by some overzealous player who didn't happen to have any contact on that play. I believe those are the bigger problem at this level.