supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some help needed

I know this is a strange request, but I need some help. My wife taught a program at our high school for disadvantaged students who would otherwise not have graduated. One of her students just finished her first semester in college. Her mom had been ill for some time and passed away on Friday afternoon. Since it's Christmas break she has been staying with us. This girl has no money and not very many people to turn to. We are trying to get our spare room set up for her. She has been sleeping on our couch but we feel she deserves to have some privacy and a place to put her things. She lives in housing at college, but when she's back in town, she will stay with us. Our problem is that we need a twin bed for her and while we are not financially strapped, finances for the moment are tied up in Christmas and bills. I was wondering if anyone had a bed in an unused guestroom or knows someone that has something if you'd be willing to help out. I will be able to pay for something about the second week of January but we are trying to get something this week. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Some help needed

Problem solved. Thanks to an extended family member, we now have a bed. Thanks to those that read the message.

Glad things worked out Bill....
Just read this today....If that bed dosnent work out, I have one (almost new) in my garage..

Thanks, I appreciate it. We're going to get the bed today so hopefully there's no problem but I definitely appreciate the offer.

Once again- this is the best this community has to offer. Good on you for helping her out, Bill. That's the real spirit of the season.

Merry Christmas!

Supa, I turned here because I knew it would get a lot of exposure. If I hadn't gotten quick response from someone else, I have no doubt I'd have found people here to help.

I could go into a long-winded explanation of this girl's situation, but I won't. I can say that my wife was a surrogate parent for several of the kids she had in that program and this girl was the extreme situation. I'm happy we are in a position to help her.