supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GDFL Next Level Sports

American Football Group & Gridiron Developmental Football League would like to announce a joint partnership for 2011, AFG to host 2011 Professional Football Combines - If you want to get to the next level and you believe you have the skills to get there, then get ready and come out to the 2011 AFG Professional Football Combine and prove it. We have attendance confirmation from professional football scouts from the CFL, Arena I and Arena II. Bring your shoulder pads, your helmet and your "A" Game. The pros will be watching..for more info go to www.AmericanFootballGroup.com. make sure you use discount code:
2011GDFL
WHEN REGISTERING !!!!

Re: GDFL Next Level Sports

By "Arena II", are you referring to the AF2? If so, that no longer exists. The AFL acquired a lower league several years ago and named it AF2. In 2009, the AFL was suffering financial troubles and did not have a season. The AF2 did play its season that year. Last year, the AFL as it was formerly known ceased to exist and was restarted with different owners, investors etc. The new AFL is made up of a mix of old AFL teams and old AF2 teams. There is no more AF2.

I realize there are other arena league such as the CIFL and AIFA, but if you're coming on here representing that you have scouts from Arena 2, then you are either misrepresenting what you are promoting or you are misinformed. It makes one wonder if the AFL is involved at all.

I think if you visit the site that explains everything you need to know.

...and we all know that once it is on an internet website it is the Gospel Truth.

gridiron4life

American Football Group Inc. is not affiliated with any of the teams listed on its websites or facebook pages. The teams logos are being used for entertainment purposes only.

Glad to read the small print.....this is posted on the bottom of the home page....

HUH?????
gridiron4life

American Football Group Inc. is not affiliated with any of the teams listed on its websites or facebook pages. The teams logos are being used for entertainment purposes only.

Glad to read the small print.....this is posted on the bottom of the home page....
Most scouting services are not affiliated with said teams or organizations this is a known fact so your point is???

No, I don't have to go to the website for an explanation. You represented that you had scouts from a league that no longer exists and that requires an explanation.

yawn

The issue here is that the GDFL makes this announcement as if the only way to participate in these events is to play for a GDFL team. That is not true, as anyone who is willing to pay the fee is eligible to participate in these "tryouts." They have been taking place for years and will operate whether they are "affiliated" with the GDFL or not. The problem that individuals have with the GDFL and Mr. Johnson in general is the smoke and mirrors and the way he attempts to put a spin on things such as these combines that have existed for many years prior to the GDFL, or the oversaturation of announcements such as the announcement that an announcement is coming soon.

I agree. And responding with "yawn" to a legitimate question shows a complete lack of professionalism.