supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRFL/IOFL teams...

So, what's everyone got, either coming back or new? What's everyone's roster shaking up to look like? AND, does everyone have a field to play on yet???

I understand some of these teams are newer teams, and some are "expansion" teams, however I really hope these guys have their stuff together. When you have teams like the Miami Co. Blitz, The Midwest Force, and teams that will show up every Saturday, I really hope they don't get wins by forfeits...

Re: CRFL/IOFL teams...

I just want everyone to know that the Michiana Warriors don't have a field to play on! Ha Ha! The shamrock and Hitmen have all the fields on lock!

As big as that area is, you mean that only 2 schools allow teams to play on their fields???

With the School Budgets the way they are, I would think more schools would be open to finding a way to help fund their football programs... I know that for many years it has been difficult to find fields but last year in our area we just had to decide which was the best suited for us as we had multiple options...

I would think the Michiana Area would have a few options available....back in the Day the "Michiana Titans" played in Galien Michigan...so maybe they could find a field in Michigan....they are called Michiana....Not Indiana...

Just a thought

little does fyi know about the warriors tom you need to stop lying because that is why half your team is not playing for you this year just saying

I can personally guarantee that the Midwest Force will field a team every week. We're looking forward to the 2011 season!

Since the CRFL and IOFL have merged, which Miami Co. gets to keep their name? The Blitz or Vipers? Both, obviously, different Miami Co.'s, may cause some confusion!

Walters40,
I was at the Turkey Bowl over in Muncie and watched you guys, it looks like you have some athletes. However, what all do you have coming back and what are the needs (that you think) that it will take for the Force to not only field a team, but to compete with the other CRFL teams??? I heard your quarterback from last year isn't returning, but the prospects are looking promising.

To be honest with you, I feel confident with the athletes we have right now. Some positions we have more players than we know what to do with, but slightly thin at others; we'll make it work for us. I feel we will be competitive regardless of whether we add more players or not. The Turkey Bowl was a blast, yet did not adequately show what each team was capable of. For our two teams, we split our roster down the middle to ensure we had both returning starters and backups playing for each squad, also to see the group of new players skill sets. As for our QB, he was not at the Turkey Bowl, yet we feel very good about his abilities going into next season. I know we're looking forward to this summer.

JT used to make a really fun hittin drill out of this at practice! .
Two guys stand 10 yards away. Then all the other players lay on their back. One of the two guys calls a player out and said player has to fight the double team. If he beats the double team he is out. If not he stays to help. You go down the whole line and then who ever loses has to do some type of extra cardio.

We have included some new items in the CRFL by-laws which mandate that every team must draw names of players from their opponent on a given day and provide those players with special gifts like new helmets, shoulder pads, etc...

We have also included a provision that every team must have a place in the middle of their field where, after each game, we can have a bonfire and roast hot dogs while we tell ghost stories, sing songs, and cuddle together in an attepmt to build comeraderie.
There will be no red-rover as it means there would be violent physical contact between players, and we will not stand for that!

For those of you who have concerns about where we are taking the CRFL, I want to sincerely thank you for your concerns, but please know that the league is truly run by its member teams and no one individual has the power to collapse the structure. We have learned from our past and are trying to do things better to insure a long and successful future. Whether you agree with the way some folks have done things or not, know too that our practices, goals, and objectives lined up very closely with the ideas being proposed by John Jackson and the IOFL. Instead of battling each other for the same teams, it made so much more sense from many standpoints, to align our efforts and try and do things the right way. . .together.

We want to wish all of you a great 2011 with all the success and enjoyment that our beloved sport has to offer!