supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL TEAMS PLEASE...

For the sake of traveling purposes, how far is EACH TEAM from Indy??? And how many teams are in the IFL this year?

Re: IFL TEAMS PLEASE...

Here is a map with IFL teams (green markers). Hope that helps.

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=142038

So where did the Blaze go. They aren't on the map. Did they fold?

So the blaze, outlaws, force and pirates are out of the ifl. Are there any other teams that are changing leagues or not having a team next year. Also, when are we going to know what teams applied to and are getting invited to play in the ifl this year?

No new teams are coming to the IFL.

gross 19
So the blaze, outlaws, force and pirates are out of the ifl. Are there any other teams that are changing leagues or not having a team next year. Also, when are we going to know what teams applied to and are getting invited to play in the ifl this year?

Of the five teams that applied to the IFL - two no longer exist and one is likely not going to form at all. The other two have chosen membership with the CRFL. None of the programs would've been IFL quality, at least not in 2011.

In my estimation, we're just the first to leave. Don't be shocked if one or two more clubs decide to go elsewhere. It is really unfortunate.

Good luck, Gross. Hoping to see you all in the pre-season.

As far as the Blaze folding - far from it. We're stronger than we've ever been, but I'll let our play speak for itsself.

this coming from a team who held the vp position in the league

They'll get worked in other leagues let em go

Jason Doubleday
gross 19

Of the five teams that applied to the IFL - two no longer exist and one is likely not going to form at all. The other two have chosen membership with the CRFL. None of the programs would've been IFL quality, at least not in 2011.

In my estimation, we're just the first to leave. Don't be shocked if one or two more clubs decide to go elsewhere. It is really unfortunate.

As far as the Blaze folding - far from it. We're stronger than we've ever been, but I'll let our play speak for itsself.

I'd like to disagree with this statement. the Outlawz made a good decision combining with a team down the road from them. I thought it showed alot of respect during our game with the Outlawz when the Lima Warriors came out to rooted for the Outlawz. It just shows that no matter what league or size of team (or facility) you have there was a since of unity, men playing the sport they love. Good luck blaze, IFL and CRFL for their respective upcoming seasons

what are you disagreeing with. what statement was made. i am confused

peckham 99
Jason Doubleday
gross 19

I'd like to disagree with this statement. the Outlawz made a good decision combining with a team down the road from them. I thought it showed alot of respect during our game with the Outlawz when the Lima Warriors came out to rooted for the Outlawz. It just shows that no matter what league or size of team (or facility) you have there was a since of unity, men playing the sport they love. Good luck blaze, IFL and CRFL for their respective upcoming seasons

I believe you misread my post. I didn't mention the Outlawz at all - actually, Coach Gordon, Coach Liles, Boxer and the like are all considered friends. We were saddened to learn of the Outlawz demise. The five teams that applied to the IFL wouldn't have brought anything to the League - that is all I was stating.

How many teams left then in ifl all folded teams in south any north teams leaving

good luck to the blaze, i hope you find the perfect league!

?

I read on the supa fan thread for teams folding and changing leagues that the Blaze board of directors voted to leave the I.F.L. that means that the Outlawz and Force along with the Pirates and Blaze are now gone from the league.The South division as it stands right now only has three teams the Cutters, Wildcats, and the Generals.
The North division has the Wolfpack, Hitmen, Mustangs, Hurricanes, Shamrock and Panthers
That leaves a 9 team league as it stand right now and that is if nobody else folds or moves to another league. Nothing against them but the Panthers are really not a competitive team in this league and the last year wasn't a banner on for the Shamrock I could see either one of them or both leaving the league. To me that would make a two division North and South league with the Mustangs moving to the South and joining the current three South Division teams but that is only if the South doesn't lose anymore teams and in reality I think one more South team will not return this year.
I also have NOT seen any team on here saying that they have applied to the I.F.L. and even saw someone say that the league rejected the teams that did apply.. I hope the league doesn't wind up with only a handful of teams that would not be good for the league or for semi-pro ball in Indiana.
I know that times are tough and that puts an undue amount of pressure on teams and organizations to come up with sponsor money and fields and such. I hope that semi-pro football in Indiana doesn't lose many more teams we need them all.
I enjoy seeing as many games as I can during the summer.

I think your wrong in multiple points in your previous post.

First the number of teams in Indiana overall has not changed. Also what hasn't changed is the number of teams in the IFL / MFL or CRFL combined. For the past decade that number has remained around 20.

Second, the IFL will do just fine - they played 2009 with only 7 teams, and I am sure they are prepared to do that again and if that is the case they will probably do away with divisions over all.

There are people that are very passionate about the IFL and as long as they are involved with the league, it is not going to end anytime soon.

Personally I would still like to see a two tier league structure for Indiana such as what Wolf and Slinkard both worked on last year. It would help maintain league consistency with low cost while retaining a fair competitive environment for both large and small teams, but then again passion is a double edge sword that cuts both ways.

Good luck to the Blaze, I am sure your team will do what is best for your team. Good luck to all the other teams in the area as well. Its 2011 gents, and everyone is 0-0.

questions
?

I read on the supa fan thread for teams folding and changing leagues that the Blaze board of directors voted to leave the I.F.L. that means that the Outlawz and Force along with the Pirates and Blaze are now gone from the league.The South division as it stands right now only has three teams the Cutters, Wildcats, and the Generals.
The North division has the Wolfpack, Hitmen, Mustangs, Hurricanes, Shamrock and Panthers
That leaves a 9 team league as it stand right now and that is if nobody else folds or moves to another league. Nothing against them but the Panthers are really not a competitive team in this league and the last year wasn't a banner on for the Shamrock I could see either one of them or both leaving the league. To me that would make a two division North and South league with the Mustangs moving to the South and joining the current three South Division teams but that is only if the South doesn't lose anymore teams and in reality I think one more South team will not return this year.
I also have NOT seen any team on here saying that they have applied to the I.F.L. and even saw someone say that the league rejected the teams that did apply.. I hope the league doesn't wind up with only a handful of teams that would not be good for the league or for semi-pro ball in Indiana.
I know that times are tough and that puts an undue amount of pressure on teams and organizations to come up with sponsor money and fields and such. I hope that semi-pro football in Indiana doesn't lose many more teams we need them all.
I enjoy seeing as many games as I can during the summer.

Interesting thoughts, but not likely. I think John Jackson has it right, the IFL will go back to one League (no divisions) with five to seven members. I hope they all enjoy the 2011 season. Thanks for the well wishes, John. It sounds like the CRFL will be cooperating with the GLFL for some post-season run. Looking forward to that.

It sounds like the CRFL will be cooperating with the GLFL for some post-season run. Looking forward to that.

Possibly. The proposal needs to be discussed at the meeting and voted on by the league, but it could be a fun tradition to get going year after year.

what's the GLFL?

Great lakes football league. Don't know much about them but we played a couple of teams from there and they were less than average teams. They are the guys that love to play but not very organized. I think the Blaze went to that league and the Wolfpack might follow. Just a rumor. I don't know the truth about it though.

I think what people fail to realize about the blaze is they are a different brand of semi-pro football. They are about the quality of the teams they play. In other words they want to present to their fans the best football they can (fields, precise uniforms ect). They are also about profit maximization too which is something all teams wish for but they take it extremely serious based on their works in Battlecreek. Honestly I never really thought they were a good fit for the IFL because of all of this. If they wanna compete with the best and present the "best quality" football to their fans and players join a league that has stricter requirements

the blaze complain about the IFL and their standards.. that they don't meet their requirements. they didn't leave the IFL because the other teams didn't have showers, or the other teams had different colored facemasks.. they left because they got embarassed in front of GOD and everybody at the hands of the Generals in the championship game. they realize they cannot compete in the IFL, therefore taking their "talents" to another, less superior league they can attempt to run.

if showers are such an issue, have your 5000 fans get your team hotel rooms for an over night stay so you can shower.

who cares if someones facemask is a different color? does that take away from the on-field product? no.

i think the blaze need to take a step back and realize what they did by leaving the IFL. you complained about all their flaws, mainly cosmetic issues (quality of fields, uni's, facilities).. fact is you couldn't compete. you lost 3 games. i suppose if everyone matched, or had state of the art facilities, you would have gone undefeated? wrong. shut up and continue playing mediocre ball.

Will this be the same argument made for the other teams when they defect? I guess we'll all find out.

Your bitterness is thoughtful, your lack of identification however, clearly depicts your character.

We don't play football to record wins and losses. We play to help area families battle cancer. Those of you who "do it for the love of the game" - our hat is off to you. If you think for one second that anyone outside of the semi-pro circle cares who is the "best" team, you need to invest in another hobby.

Our reasons for leaving the IFL had NOTHING to do with anything other than what was stated. We hold no ill will toward the IFL or any remaining members. We in fact, tried to elevate the professional standards before deciding on an alternate affiliation. Several factors go into making a tough decision such as this, but winning and losing games is certainly not one of them.

We ask our guys to be more socially responsible than many teams at this level. In return, we try to offer an experience of a lifetime. Life is too short to worry about message board posters, so I won't respond to any more of these ramblings. If anyone has any questions that need to be addressed, please visit our web site.

Here's to a great 2011.

I was told by my team manager that the Blaze take in convicts to help them stay focused so they dont relapse into criminal behavior. That to is admirable.

battlecreekblaze has posted on the mi board that "There won't be any Michigan teams in the IFL in 2011." and that "We'll be members of the GLFL in 2011."

Read more:

ifl down to 9 - more leaving?

Ok Ok the IFL has lost some teams and maybe they will lose a couple more but even if they are a six team league the will simply play each other on a home and away basis ( my opinion I am not on the IFL board )
Solid teams to return in my opinion are
Indiana Hitmen
Wannee Hurricanes
Shamrock
K.C. Mustangs
WestCentral Wildcats
Indiana Generals

teams that may very well leave and go to another league in my opinion are
The Wolfpack
The Panthers
Indiana Cutters
Can the IFL survive in a six team league yes without a doubt would a ten team league be better HELL YES!!!!
Will anything get settled on this board with the early posting of rumors and such NO!!!!!!!!
I know I just posted a somewhat rumor filled post myself but come on why all the secret talk and hints if you are leaving simple SAY SO you owe it to your team,,,, fans,,,, and league to let others know your plans as soon as possible.
What is going on here is I think is the fact everyone knows who will be loaded and who won't and they are looking for a better chance of winning a championship.