supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHY DID THE IFL FOLD

WILL SOMEONE LET ME AND OTHER FELLOW FORMER IFL PLAYERS KNOW WHY THE IFL FOLDED PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW HOPE TO HERE FROM YA

Re: WHY DID THE IFL FOLD

They didn't.
Brian Clawson
Noble County Wolfpack
Kicker/Punter
WWJD

Be a good time for Santa or Troy Edwards to come on here and squash this rumor!

Not that this entire post is worth wasting my time on but you really need to check the IFL website under the tab marked Board Members. Sid is not on the board anymore....

The Voice (Mike K)
Not that this entire post is worth wasting my time on but you really need to check the IFL website under the tab marked Board Members. Sid is not on the board anymore....

Let me rephrase that. He is no longer President.

that $2700 lawsuit filed by the greencastle knights must have went though

Its the curse of J.J.

Any word yet? If the IFL folded, where do the teams go? Some could, I guess, apply for the CRFL but that would throw off the Indiana/Ohio balance. Plus, teams like the Generals have way too big of a roster to comply with CRFL limits. This could get very interesting.

the ? should be is what teams are staying in the ifl and where did the teams go that left or folded

My guess (if all is true) the blaze saw something or got word of something before shit hit the fan. It just doesn't make sense for a team owner to take the VP position of the IFL and then 2 weeks later leave. Something is wrong here. Either the teams know they can compete with The Generals and left for better competiton or the law suit is more of an issue than first thought

MCP
Its the curse of J.J.

everything he touches turns to sh_t

its a shame that jack spradlin has allowed him to join his team wait JJ was the GM and jack was the asst GM of the MCP and look what they did to that team.

New team same crap

The IFL has not folded. The Blaze left the league...that is it. As anyone who has ever associated with semi-pro ball can attest to, rumors, lies and halftruths run rampant.

Thank you for your concern though.

IFL didnt fold couple of bum teams left who couldnt compete anyways and wanted a easy way out. Instead of getting better wanting to be a better team They left prob gonna join some weak ass league anyways.

# 72 generals
IFL didnt fold couple of bum teams left who couldnt compete anyways and wanted a easy way out. Instead of getting better wanting to be a better team They left prob gonna join some weak ass league anyways.

IT REALLY IS A SHAME THAT THE GENERALS, AS GREAT OF A TEAM AS YOU HAVE, HAS TO HAVE GUYS LIKE #72 TALK SHIT ALL THE TIME. JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY BALL. YOU GUYS DO HAVE A PHENOMINAL SQUAD, YOUR PLAY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. YOU DONT NEED SOME JACKASS MAKING COMMENTS THAT MAKE YOUR TEAM LOOK RIDICULOUS. BUM TEAMS? THE NORTH DIVISION CHAMPS LEFT, ARE THEY BUMS? NO. AS FOR THE FORCE, THEY WENT TO A LEAGUE BETTER SUITED FOR THEIR TYPE OF TEAM. AGAIN, JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH. YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO RUN THE IFL AGAIN NEXT SEASON, AND WE ALL KNOW IT.

General 72 it's ironic that you say these teams left because they couldn't "hang". You also said they should stay in the league to get better, so shouldn't the Generals move up to a bigger league, or do you all know that if you did you would just be a .500 squad? Sorry but if you guys ever did play the Warriors or War Eagles you would get WORKED

72 Pretty much hit the head on the nail. NONE of those teams who left could hang with the Generals and only the Blaze ever had a chance of competing in the future. Hopefully the Blaze land in a Decent league unlike some of the other coward teams looking for what they think will be a easy championship.

Hulk
72 Pretty much hit the head on the nail. NONE of those teams who left could hang with the Generals and only the Blaze ever had a chance of competing in the future. Hopefully the Blaze land in a Decent league unlike some of the other coward teams looking for what they think will be a easy championship.

"coward teams looking for what they think will be an easy championship" ... interesting. again, going back to what mr info said, why do the generals stay in the IFL when they KNOW they're the best and have ZERO competition. THEY STAY THERE FOR AN EASY CHAMPIONSHIP! they know if they moved to another league, they'd be .500.

why would the generals leave when they have been in that league for longer than some teams and leagues have been around? you must be from one of those chicken shit teams.

this reminds me a lot of the same thing that happened to the federal football league when the south bend stampede dominated its league heads and shoulders above any one else. Thats when teams left the league till the field was down to a handful of teams and then folded shortly afterwards.

lol
why would the generals leave when they have been in that league for longer than some teams and leagues have been around? you must be from one of those chicken shit teams.

Teams aren't scared of the generals, but we all think it's time for the generals to move up to a bigger and better league. With better competitions, or maybe they are the ones scared of a new league

No reason for the Generals to leave, they are true to their league unlike many teams around today. I dont think the Blaze are scared of loosing to the Generals but I cant say the same for the others who felt the need to leave. Everyone knows that certain teams would never compete in the IFL and think they will have a easy road to a championship in the other league. Heck I've heard it from my former team management but they wont say it here.

You guy are like a bunch of fuckin women with all the rumors and shit.

I decided I cannot be competitive in the IFL. The competition is too much for me and I've decided to take myself to this lower quality league called the NFL. Get over you selvs people we are all extremely lucky people dedicate their time so we can have teams and leagues.

Player
You guy are like a bunch of fuckin women with all the rumors and shit.

AMEN!!!

I personally think the generals could compete in many leagues. When I say compete, I mean finish better than .500. I also say, I as a player do not want the generals to leave. I want to beat them. As a competitor you want to play the best, and right now they are the best in our league.

Gross #19

Noble County Wolfpack

gross 19
I personally think the generals could compete in many leagues. When I say compete, I mean finish better than .500. I also say, I as a player do not want the generals to leave. I want to beat them. As a competitor you want to play the best, and right now they are the best in our league.

Gross #19

Noble County Wolfpack

I'm sure that every member of the Generals football team hopes that they can meet you and your team mates on the field and do battle this season. I think it would be a great game not only for the players but the fans as well.
Would be a great game between two first class teams and organizations.

If what I just heard is true the IFL is two less teams. Maybe someone from the Panthers and Wolfpack can clue us in?

posted and then removed from the kc mustangs facebook wall - wolfpack have joined the GLFL ... just a rumor ... checking into it

Wolfpack will be taking their talents to the GLFL in 2011.

blaze - glfl
cutters -
force - crfl
hitmen -
hurricanes -
generals -
mustangs -
outlaws - merger - hfl
panthers - folded?
pirates - folded
raiders - crfl
shamrock - folded?
wildcats -
wolfpack - glfl

14 to 6 or 8

2010 teams
blaze - glfl
cutters -
force - crfl
hitmen -
hurricanes -
generals -
mustangs -
outlaws - merger - hfl
panthers - folded?
pirates - folded
raiders - crfl
shamrock - folded?
wildcats -
wolfpack - glfl

14 to 6 or 8

The Panthers did not fold, they are 2011 members of the Great Lakes Football League.

Well this is ure to get very interesting now that the so called secret is out of the bag.
The Blaze and Wolfpack go to the GLFL not a bad move and travel makes alot of sense.
The Force, Radiers, to the CRFL makes sense they wouldn't win but a game or two in the I.F.L-----------
CRFL is better suited to them.
Panthers should have folded two years ago.
Pirates were out of their league in more ways than on the field.
The Shamrock while having a TON of HEART can't compete in the I.F.L.
That leaves the Hitmen who had much talk but failed to back it up when it counted.
The Wildcats who were humiliated and then things were not any better in the second meeting so that speaks for its self doesn't it.
The Mustangs ALWAYS A TOUGH TEAM can hang with anyone.
The Hurricanes another very good team and well coached.
The Cutters who won twice last year and had one game that was a win due to forfiet. Slinkard not on the sideline was a major difference in this team and now that Slinkard has left the board as well this team will not be what it used to be.
The last team left is the Generals and everyone knows they are stacked and have a great organization around them this is their 10th year so they will be fine where ever they land.
A 6 team I.F.L. would be a total joke the Generals have I believe will be stronger than last year and with the current teams it would be a North - South division with the North having
The Hurricanes
The Hitmen
The Mustangs
and the South would be
The Cutters
The Generals
The Wildcats
That just isn't enough teams for a competitive league and if it is not competitive then how do you get fans in the stands most teams don't have large crowds.
This is good that all of this has happened now rather than in April but it is time for some teams to do some soul searching and get things figured out and fast, if they aren't going to have a team they owe it to their players to say so in order for those players to find other quailty teams to try out for.

All that said the ifl may be without 2 more teams keep an eye out! My guess is only 1 team will be left in the north.

Here's a hint there won't be any teams that start with the letter H in the ifl.

So to the generals anymore thoughts besides everyone is just being pussies on the 2011 IFL season, hope you all are looking forward to ur 4-5 team season

look at all the past seasons of the ifl and you will see a few with only a handful of teams. its not what you are trying to make it out to be.

So are the Hurricanes and Hitmen both gonna be babies like the Blaze and Wolfpack, and leave so they can win games?

Have it ever occurred to some of you that there are some Indiana teams that do NOT strive, live or exist just to play in the IFL. The IFL is a good league and have been for some years now, but ALOT of the players/ members need to get over themselves. It's not that deep.

Yep, it's that time of year again folks.

People leaving, people staying.

This is Semi-Professional football gentlemen.

I think the IFL will be fine whether it has five teams or twenty five teams. It's not like these leagues live off of attendance anyway. Sure it's a nice perk but a down attendance year won't usually kill a team.

As for the teams that have decided to or are still considering taking their talents elsewhere. It is the owner's job to do what's best for their teams and their players. If a new league is going to benefit a group of men then by all means they should join that new league as long as they are up front and honest and avoid any back door shenanigans.

I personally wish every team luck in whatever league they choose. All this talk of teams being cowards and bums and things like that is just stupid and not beneficial to anybody.

Finally, teams that don't want to move on from one league to another is not a new thing. It happens in leagues all over the country. A team fights hard to become the best, then they finally get to the top of that mountain and they become satisfied. And we shouldn't blame them for that. Teams like the Generals and teams from the past like the Central Ohio Lions and the South Bend Stampede will always be looked at like they are bullies while they continue to compete in leagues that other people find less than competitive.

Only the way those team represent themselves to the public dictate whether that bully label is a fair and accurate one.

If these teams are courted by leagues with a superior level of competition and can join them without any issues with money, travel, leaving their current leagues high and dry, etc., then I believe they should to give the young men on their team to compete against players who can challenge them to be better.

This will allow a team to back up all their claims of being the baddest on any block. And shut the mouths of all naysayers in the process.

But seriously, this is all up to each individual team. Talkers, non talkers, classy, classless, sportsmenlike or dirty, this level has it all.

The question really is which one do you want to be?

Yes you are correct the Blaze and Wolfpack are cry babies who are only leaving to win games. Oh wait you must be one of those ignorant anuses that sat in a freshman class as a senior because you were the "cool" guy. News Flash you are an idiot and the rest of the educated adult world laughs at you because you were and still are a d-bag. The last I checked both of these fine organizations won plenty of games in the IFL and I peronally am glad we don't have to play them anymore. Good luck to both teams I hope you both win plenty of games so you can shut Ricky Bobby up. But then again he is also the fastest swimmer of thousands so it is probably futile

i'm setting the over/under at 10 for how many people wont understand that "fastest swimmer in thousands" comment above..

i think you should talk to mitch before you get on here and say the shamrock foled do not see mitch doing that

I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT THE REMAINING TEAMS THAT YOU SAY ARE IN THE IFL ARE NOT GOING TO BETHERE SOON SO THE IFL IS HISTORY THERE ISNT ANY REASONS TO GET PEOPLES HOPES UP ITS OVER TO THE REMAINING TEAMS FIND ANOTHER LEAUGE BEFORE IUTS TOO LATE

The IFL "changes" this season could have been seen even last year. The IFL first obvious mistake was the lawsuit. The second in my opinion was the decision not to merge with the MFL and make it a developmental league. This way the IFL could attract the larger, medium and small teams and create a dominate league in both Indiana but the Midwest

I got the little swimmers reference, but isn't 1 in like millions?
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

All these nice, wonderful, and well informed people who are interjectiing your opinions and exercising your freedom of speech, where were you when God was creating the Earth? I am sure he could have used your opinions when he was making the sky, the waters, the land, and Rex Ryan and his wife's feet.
Seriously though, the IFL will survive I hope. The teams that left the IFL to move on to other leagues did so for their own reasons. And I am sure that if you ask them most will tell you the truth. (And one will lie to your face.) I wish them well.
The fastest swimmer..?? Oh I get it now. The Olympics right??,,,LMAO!!

that real talk the last comment ...lol... that funny what u said ..but u telling the truth ...... amen

bryan 116
I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT THE REMAINING TEAMS THAT YOU SAY ARE IN THE IFL ARE NOT GOING TO BETHERE SOON SO THE IFL IS HISTORY THERE ISNT ANY REASONS TO GET PEOPLES HOPES UP ITS OVER TO THE REMAINING TEAMS FIND ANOTHER LEAUGE BEFORE IUTS TOO LATE

There is something in this world called poetic justice and the one thing that would be awesome would be this The Generals, Cutters, Wildcats, and Mustangs join the league that all the people calling them cupcakes are in and everyone gets to see in person just how good these teams are in real life on a football field where they can and do let their play speak for them.
One other thing that is always cool is that old man KARMA so while most will never know the true idenity of you and others I only hope that you are players and you wind up having one or ALL of these cupcakes in your league.

Food 4 Thought
The IFL "changes" this season could have been seen even last year. The IFL first obvious mistake was the lawsuit. The second in my opinion was the decision not to merge with the MFL and make it a developmental league. This way the IFL could attract the larger, medium and small teams and create a dominate league in both Indiana but the Midwest

The most intelligent post I have read on supa in along long time.

What is this talk about a "lawsuit?"

What is this talk about a "lawsuit?"

if you don't know about it by now, you're probably not in the loop and don't matter enough to know. just sayin..

Well the I.F.L. did not fold it is going stronger than ever there are 6 teams in the league that will play each other twice this season home and away the more competative and talented teams have moved on and this is the perfect league now for those teams that do not have big budgets and lots of money.
This league will now be a good Saturday afternoon low level league that maybe some teams can use to take the next step up in competition. The teams that are left were the better of the bottom half of the teams from last year and they all should be about equal now that the Wolfpack, Blaze, and Generals have moved up to bigger leagues.

what is really funny... is all the talk of the teams "left" in the IFL... supposedly.. all the teams left in the IFL must be a buncha scrubs bc the blaze.. wolfpack.. and generals left..

how many teams played the blaze or wolfpack tough.. maybe losing by a TD or less? i believe i remember the HITMEn beating the blaze.. and losing to the wolfpack by a 47 yard FG.. its obvious that the wolfpack and blaze are "bowl" searchin through sorry leagues.. such as the league they just joined.

to all the teams left in the IFL.. i hope it is a good season and it is still very competitive.. just bc 1 good ass team, the GENERALS, left.. doesnt mean the league is sorry.

ifl boy your a loser. first of all the hitmen are cheaters, and still couldnt win the ring. who beat you first round in the playoffs? a win by a field goal is a win! the teams that left is to get away from people like you and teams like yours :) have a great day!

ifl boy
what is really funny... is all the talk of the teams "left" in the IFL... supposedly.. all the teams left in the IFL must be a buncha scrubs bc the blaze.. wolfpack.. and generals left..

how many teams played the blaze or wolfpack tough.. maybe losing by a TD or less? i believe i remember the HITMEn beating the blaze.. and losing to the wolfpack by a 47 yard FG.. its obvious that the wolfpack and blaze are "bowl" searchin through sorry leagues.. such as the league they just joined.

to all the teams left in the IFL.. i hope it is a good season and it is still very competitive.. just bc 1 good ass team, the GENERALS, left.. doesnt mean the league is sorry.

Oh, but the Blaze have come out and said "We don't play football to win championships. We play to raise money for cancer." To an extent, they do play for that reason, BUT no one plays to lose. There's not one person out there who WANTS to lose. However, Doubledouche insists that they're only playing to support cancer research. If that's the only reason they were playing, they wouldn't have made such a huge fuss to the IFL about lack of facilities, uniform requirements, etc... They're a bunch of egotistical stuck-up snobs, who felt vulnerable in the IFL, so they left. If I recall correctly, they only defeated the Midwest Force by 2 points.. The Force went 1-5. Blaze overrated? Most definitely.

Good luck IFL.

btw the IFL has had pretty strict uniform requirements for a few years now.

NATE D O DOUBLE G
ifl boy

Oh, but the Blaze have come out and said "We don't play football to win championships. We play to raise money for cancer." To an extent, they do play for that reason, BUT no one plays to lose. There's not one person out there who WANTS to lose. However, Doubledouche insists that they're only playing to support cancer research. If that's the only reason they were playing, they wouldn't have made such a huge fuss to the IFL about lack of facilities, uniform requirements, etc... They're a bunch of egotistical stuck-up snobs, who felt vulnerable in the IFL, so they left. If I recall correctly, they only defeated the Midwest Force by 2 points.. The Force went 1-5. Blaze overrated? Most definitely.

Good luck IFL.

You are entitled to your opinion. You're also welcomed to use your real name and refer to me by mine (not some junior high-esq attempt at disrespect).
We left the IFL for a chance to play in what we determined a League which is a better fit for our mission.

This is as fluid of past time as any, with teams changing identities as players come and go. We traveled with a light crew to the Midwest Force - we did not have All-IFL QB Alec Hakes in that contest, among others, and did indeed win a hard-fought contest. That win allowed us to host a 1st Round Playoff game, and thus, allowed us to benefit another family who is battling cancer - a blessing indeed.

What you, and so many fail to understand, that there is a substantial loss in interest when you ask your fan base to travel to placed like Houston, and/or face teams who are not in uniform.

We ask a great deal of our members and our business partners, but we in fact act ask nothing that we wouldn't first commit to ourselves.

If you are content to play what is essentially "pick-up" tackle, football - so be it. We are not, and shall continue to work to surround ourself with like-minded institutions.

Why this keeps getting brought up I have no idea. The IFL is fine; they have 6 strong teams and will have a successful year like any other year.

To the Blaze as an organization, their players and fans, I will once again apologize for making you drive to Houston to watch your team play on a pee wee football field; it was in considerate for a first year team to offer such poor standards. We probably should have accepted the $1000 that was offered to us to travel up to Battlecreek, but the offer was given to us the Tuesday before the game and we felt like it was not enough time for us to prepare to travel 3-3 1/2 hours. If we would have, the approximately 15 players that would’ve made the trip would have been embarrassed by the Blaze and in front of their fan base and the fans not only would have thought it was a waste of money to see such a game and how disgraceful the player in shorts looked; that player, several day earlier, got his car robbed and lost the majority of his equiptment. We both recall our own stories about me explaining that situation and its neither here nor there. I agree to an extent of such strict enforcement of team uniforms but for crying out loud..... I have nothing against the Blaze or any team in the IFL and as I have told many owners including the Blaze's we wish to someday have an organization similar to what they have up in Battlecreek but its going to take sometime after all its only our second year fielding a team. When the Force started in December of 2009 the board members all agreed that no one would give any money into the organization with the exception of player fees and we continue to stand behind that Moto. Give us sometime and we will have the football field.

I am finished with this subject and I would appreciate it not being brought up anymore. If there are anymore questions please feel free to email Chad Walters, Chuck Begley or myself. All email address and phone numbers can be found on our website

Tyler Peckham
Midwest Force President