supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
this season

I hope the Generals are taking all of this talk very serious. There is no way with these teams leaving that you can stay in the I.F.L. this year. We know Troy is league pres now but even he cant seriously think that its a good idea for the Generals to stay. You guys have to get into a new league asap before its to late or this season is a total wash. The IFL will fold. It prob will not happen this season but its coming for sure. For your own teams sake, make a move asap, everyone wants to see the good things you guys can do. go represent Indiana the way we know you can.

Re: this season

yes i think they are a great team ,i see them moving up.that all and i being hearing that the ifa is going to fold too but i dont care about what people say until it happen ..that's how i feel about,most of the guys that play for the team ..... i know some of them ! move up? move up ? ... my top 2 teams indiana is generals @ tornados is the best teams for right now that all i,am say that is real talk.....

its def realt talk. the ifl website has even been updated. The Generals seriously need to move on. Gdfl is best fit

i think the generals should go get in the hfl league and go play the best team and see what the generals are really made of, the generals were invited to go to florida and play the warrriors, the generals denied the inventation

to serious and scoopbydoe amen what u said on both ends .....

if there so called the best in the ifl i would like to know seriously why the denied the invitation to florida to play the lima warriors the warriors aint scared to play anybody look like the generals are scared to play some real competition

wow .....lol.... give me the info bro we would mind do that

i think it is the travel to play some where than indiana ....that,s why the won,t coming...

wow all of the warriors and i mean all of the warriors travel to miami florida to play a national championship game they need to come up with a better excuse

Last year is over. I wonder who would be scared to play who this preseason? My money is that the Generals would destroy the Warriors by 30 at least.

serious
its def realt talk. the ifl website has even been updated. The Generals seriously need to move on. Gdfl is best fit

What a great invetigative report the I.F.L. website has been updated. Thank you for letting us all know that something that happens every year has once again happened again.
The I.F.L. updates their website all year if the need come up, they simply took off the team who have either folded or are not returning to the league and have let them know such. Now the I.F.L is doing to right thing in passing that info along to others.
When looking at the website now I still see 7 teams who each have long history of semi-pro football and I'll bett that each team feels they have a shot at winning the ship this year.

Side note:

No team should EVER go down to Florida to play in a "National Championship" game. This is coming from experience. The people who run those things are about as crooked as they come.

Who cared about the lima warriors.We denied playing you haha.I think we pretty much begged you guys to meet halfway and play us.We said ohio,Indiana and anywhere remotely close and this was in october and you guys said no.YOU said no over and over so stop bringing up the stuff from last year.You want to play call jt and make it happen.Im sure the pre-season is open for options.

And the IFL isnt folding im sure they will add some teams or do something.Its been around a while.

So yeah Lima Warriors! Even I the great one Chuck Norris am scared of the mighty Generals. You know I check under my bed at night for #72. He is so great even superman wears his #72 jersey. And I am hiding behind a sreen name because I fear you sooooo much.

well you may want to contact rich stotts because i think an opening has opened up for a pre-season game so put your money where your mouth is. we will see

So Bearcat 47, was it the crooked people in florida that caused you guys to get blown out? Just wondering if your experience would have been different if you guys would have won or even been competitive?

I'm pretty confident we have an opening this may so the invite is there in capital letters. BRING IT ON cause we can't wait to burst your bubble. Success in the IFL has gone to your head. His name is RICH STOTTS, set it up.

question for bearcat47
So Bearcat 47, was it the crooked people in florida that caused you guys to get blown out? Just wondering if your experience would have been different if you guys would have won or even been competitive?

While many things can and will be said on this subject I remember Wolf even saying on this board that anyone thinking of going to Florida should talk to other teams that have been before so it isn't just bearcat47 doing the talking Wolf has much respect in semi-pro football in Indiana.
I would say that of course anyone that would go and play a team ranked far below them and get a win even if it was by a very slim margin would be all for the Florida experience.

posted by lima warriors head coach."The Generals also had their chance to play the Lima Warriors as a preseason game in 2011, which they also declined. Rich Stotts made a call to the Indiana Generals in early October to try to set that game up when the Generals declined to come to Florida to play the Lima Warriors"

"If you want a shot at the Champs I would put in a request now for the 2012 season. Others are lining up for the opportunity, don't want you to miss out and then we would have to hear you cry about it for another year. "

"The Indiana Generals would not agree to be a member of the HFL, because then they would have to play the Lima Warriors.....hahaha "

The Generals should just go to the CRFL and dominate that league. That would guarantee those pansies who left to go there wont ever be champs of that league either.

I see someone is going back and forth between the Ohio Semi-Pro message board and this one trying to stir the s$%& up. Let it go already. Get a life or better yet..... GET A JOB!!!

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

The Generals have appiled for the MSFL! So are they leaving the IFL?

After checking the MSFL site, the LAKE GENEVA GENERALS have been accepted into the league. Don't get your hopes up!

A Little Birdie
The Generals have appiled for the MSFL! So are they leaving the IFL?

Just a little birdie that doesn't know how to get facts straight just another unknown wanting to try to stir up trouble and get people fighting on here the post on the site clearly stated what team had applied now in all due respect maybe the little birdie can't read and someone read it to him wrong or maybe he was flying upside down because he was over Ohio and we all know there isn't anything worth crapping on in Ohio

Too the dumb a** people that think I start trouble, I will be waiting for your apology. The INDIANA GENERALS are no longer in the IFL. So kiss ny ASS!

so where are they supposedly going?

Yes, the Indiana Generals have decided to move to another league. We are still determining which one. The IFL is an amazing league, it just does suit our organization at this time. When a decision is made i will be the first to make it known, so the rumor mill can work on something else.

Tony Laws
Indiana Generals President

From IFL to MSFL. Would you even call that a step up? You guys ran through tghe IFL last year and will do the same in the MSFL. THere are no teams at your quality there. With all do respect the IFL and MSFL are for decent teams, not good ones and those paper championships are just that. Look into the MCFLelite, or HFL. You would be a much better fit and would allow your players to play quality teams week in and week out. If you want a challenge that is!

To cmon,Lima Warriors 19 Chicago Rush 15 yep that's a real blow out. Shut the hell up. Just because you put a post on this site does not mean people should do what you say you soft served little bitch! MSFL teams would dog walk IFL teams.

LMAO!!!!!!

hahah we will find out.

#72 generals
hahah we will find out.

is this confirmation the Indiana Generals are heading to the MSFL?

After serious thought, the Indiana Generals have decided to apply to the MSFL. Good luck to the remaining Ifl teams, and to all of our 'hopefully" fellow teams in the MSFL as well. Generals lets not speculate about the upcoming 2011 season. Instead, lets get our minds right and get that work in! I will see you out at BDHS for conditioning tomorrow morning! Wear something warm!

Laws, any idea when we should know?

as of last I heard there is no conditioning this week, if I find out differently I will let everyone know through this site and facebook, but for now there is no conditioning tomorrow.

General99
as of last I heard there is no conditioning this week, if I find out differently I will let everyone know through this site and facebook, but for now there is no conditioning tomorrow.

I texted JT last night and got a response this morning that their is no scheduled cardio this weekend.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

bottom line is this i think the generals are scared to face a real team a real championship team you guys denied to play a preseason game denied playing us in the florida why dont you guys man up and take the invitation to play the warriors you guys played in a no tolent of a league last year hell for that matter why dont you guys come to a real leage and try to get a shot at the champs

No more post by Generals. Let's move on.

So the Chicago Thunder 12 league championships, 2 National Championships, Racine Threat, Leyden Lions, Roscoe Rush are not real teams, not to mention the Chicago Mustangs who beat the mighty Racine Raiders and sent them fleeing the MSFL to run to the MCFL/Elite so they can win a championship.
Sometimes at this level we get an overblown opinion of ourselves and our teams. Who came down from the heavens and declared the Lima Warriors the measuring stick for all of Semi-Pro football? Teams correctly make choices that benefit themselves, with little or no profit margins for owners who are we to second guess these choices.

Preach on my brother!

wow all i have to say is your chicago rush was giving three films on us and still was unable to come out of top like i have said before the general were invited down to florida and play us and emeditally declined the invitation to play the lima were generals claim to be the best in indiana why dont they put there money with their mouths are they wont because they are too scared to play the warriors

An you must be scared of english class because your spelling sucks! And believe me by seeing your very well thought out observations you will make a very good sports center employee one day! You should seriously apply send them your comments off here your sure to get an interview!

Lima Warriors fan,
It's funnay that theres always a "National Championship" in Florida, no matter what teams play. oops, the Generals can't make it, so we'll find a team that can, no matter their ranking, and they will play for a Natty, how does that work? I've never understood it.
I'm happy that your team has the sponsorships, and team management that can help support a trip to florida. Having done it myself, I can tell you that it is not an inexpensive endeavor, but even if I was independently wealthy and had the money to spend, I would NOT do it again. the only ones who really benefit are the organizing bodies. We never even got our trophy from the MLFN, we had to go have our own trophy made. I have a laundry list of things that are wrong with the whole "National Championship" weekend.
If yu can use your claim to a natty to help your teams position in your community by helping you gain players or sponsors, then go for it. But quit tryin to blow your horn on here to people who know what it really is. I notice that its a "fan" on here talkin smack. Having watched both teams play, I'll tell you that you would have your hands full with the Generals as they were last season. They were a very good football team, as was your own. But it didn't line up that they were able to play you, this is a new season, move on.

I've never seen the list of criteria that are used to determine how a team is classified or how the rankings are done. Who has gone coast to coast to watch all 700+ teams and know which ones are better than all the rest?

Finally, someone says something intelligent on this post!!!

Wolf just because you guys lost on the field and had a negative experience, doesn't mean everyone has the same experience. I have been down 4 times in my career and NEVER left without a trophy. If anything was skewed with the rankings, it was the fact that the Generals were ever ranked as high as they were. I have played in the IFL and the competition there is not even remotely comparable to the HFL or MSFL. The Generals were a good team, but failed to prove it on the field as the team they played in their championship game did not even make the USFA playoffs the year before. It is the same reason teams like TCU and Boise State are passed over every year for the college national championship. Are they great teams? Yes, but due to the inferiority of their conference, they are passed over year after year. Roscoe was a very talented team and deserving of the National Championship bid. It looks like the Generals will have the chance to prove they were the more deserving team on the field this year. But don't get it twisted, the only team from the IFL that would have even qualified for the playoffs in either of the leagues that competed for the national championship, was the Generals!

Thats b.s. and you know it. To make a blanket statement that no team from the IFL could compete with a team from one of the other leagues is completely inaccurate.
The biggest reason we lost on the field is because the other team cheated, which ultimately cost them their "national title" but i'm not talking about our expereince on the field.

The rankings are bogus, and anyone with any experience realizes it. They are completely subjective for exactly the reasons you listed. If The Generals werent ranked where they should have been, where would you rank them? Be objective. Oh thats right. . .you can't. . . You have NO idea of what other teams are out there and how good they are outside of the league you play in, besides maybe a game or two in the preseason.

There is no way to be accurate with any ranking system for the simple fact that the teams are so inconsistent from one year to the next, and are so widespread that you could never see any one team enough times in a season to get an accurate assessment. While your team may be hot right now, you may have a rough season due to injury, people leaving, management, etc. And may not even field a team next year. Or you may do everything right and another team in your league gets hot and beats you.

The "National Chmapionships" are all about which teams are going to be able to afford the trip, "play the game"(i'm not talking about the one on the field), and have the desire to make the trip. Just because a team refuses the invite to go, doesn't mean they weren't deserving in the first place and to try and degrade them for not making the trip is STUPID!
Again, how many "national champions" are crowned each year? If the answer was "1" and it was a team that played through a tournament to get there it might be a little more legitimate, but when there are multiple champs crowned from several different organizing bodies, and often times it is a team that was "invited" no matter their ranking, it makes it a little hard to understand, or take seriously.

Well only time will tell what the Generals are really made of and just how good they are. I'm sure the players and coaches are very happy to be going to a league with more competition. Players always want to play the best and beat the the best because when they win a ship they want it to mean something.
What would it have meant to have stayed in the former league and play teams that are no where near them talent wise.
What it boils down to now is that league is a lower level league now and the teams are all pretty much on par with each other so it makes it a more wide open league the players who want a challenge will move to teams in more competative leagues now and that will only make it better.

You are right, time will tell, but be careful one and all, no matter how good you are right now, success can be fleeting and the great season you had last year is a memory. You have to keep working, stay hungry, and watch out for the little things that can break up even the greatest teams.

There is NO team that is immune, and must always be proactive in keeping yourselves in check whether it is attitudes, team management, coaching, etc. The cards are always stacked against longevity at this level. The teams that have made it for any length of time can tell you the struggles they have been through and how you may be able to deal with them.

On the other side of that coin, you can take a team that is below .500 and give them a new coach, pick up a few new players, and give them a winning attitude, they can become a dominate team very quickly!

Good Luck to all. . .I hope every team reaches their goals, no matter what those goals are!

look no further than the Cutters and the Generals for on that last statement from Wolf...the Generals have never been as good as they were last yr and as good as they will be this yr, and the Cutters had never looked so bad......shit happens but it is about how you either bounce back or how well you maintain what you have been doing

question for bearcat47

Apologies for the late reply, Been busy down here.

Just a few things about our experience in Fla.

It was held in Homestead, not Miami as everyone believes. Homestead is really close to Miami, but it is NOT Miami. Homestead is not a place I'll ever visit again willingly.

We were a step below a Super 8 in hotel quality. This was at the hotel that the organization holding the event had apparently set up a discount rate with. Some rooms had serious plumbing issues, no a/c, poor housecleaning, etc.

There were several advertised events that were supposed to be held by the host organization that did not happen. When our players showed up at the field for what was supposed to be an open combine-type event, no one was even at the facility.

The host "staff" consisted of about 10 guys who all seemed to know each other and all were disrespectful to our team, staff, and fans.

We were not given our promised practice time prior to the game. When we showed up at the fields(a giant underfunded YMCA complex) for our practice there were already 3-4 other organizations(soccer teams, football teams) using the facilities. When we asked about it we were told to 'deal with it'.

The field we played on was dead grass and had been trenched recently, right across midfield. The field as a whole was sad, even for a semi-pro game.

When we arrived at the field 2 hours prior to the game there was still a previous game being played. We were told that if we wanted to get in the facility we would each have to pay until about 45 minutes before game time.

There were no locker rooms. Not uncommon in semi-pro, but this was a 'national championship' game. You would think they'd have superior facilities.

The reffing was terrible. Not the calls that were made, but the lack of control maintained. In our game the opposing team committed a few dozen acts after the play that would draw a flag at every league in Indiana. Obscene language and gestures (audible and visible to the women and children in the stands) were ignored by the officials. When we asked about it we were told 'We don't care what happens after the play'.

The music that was played between plays was unedited rap. Again...women and children.

Hardly any of the $10 game DVDs that were sold to us worked.

There were no roster rules enforced. I will not elaborate any further on that topic. If you have a brain you should know why that sucks.

40-12 was the final score. We got beat pretty good, but we were competitive for 2 1/2 quarters with about 2/3 of our regular season roster. I'd say that's not bad for a team that was much slower and outweighed heavily. Let's face it, the Jets were supposed to play the Thunder that weekend. We were not at their level and it showed, but they did give the defensive game MVP to our OLB. We had a few bright spots against what was a bad game overall.

Had we won, I would have been happier, but I still would have told everyone not to go. I would have taken the Cyclones up on their offer to play us at our house the previous October and called it a year instead of waiting three more months to play a game 18 hours away.

If you believe me, great. If not, go see for yourself. Live and learn.

I have lived it, (3 times) and actually had quite the different experience. One is it a perfect weekend;no. It is semi-pro do you expect the Orange Bowl and stay at the Sofitel in Miami? Wait I actually did stay at the Sofitel one year, because well I paid for it. This is nothing more then an opportunity to get your teams name out there and to experience something that most people never will. This is to travel with your team to another state in the middle of a winter to play football. Sure there is dead grass, would you prefer to play in the midwest in January?
The problem is the selection, the Bearcats were outmatched, out-gunned and out shown before the game even began. If you can find me three people that picked the Bearcats to win the game other then your own camp I will gladly detract the above statement. See the year before we went and played the Jets and had no problem with the Refs, the other team stacking, or the field. Why you ask? Well because we won the game. We belonged there, and the Bearcats did not last year.
While it is true the National Champions

there is no such thing as a national championship or national champs is semi-pro football.

there never will be unless the top three or four leagues in the nation agree to a raking system or a playoff system will full participation.

there is debate on even the name for semi-pro minor league or amateur football.

there are currently 4 different raking systems our there, three of which require voting an who the hell gets to vote, is there a espn 8 channel that carries all the semi-pro games in the nation that i don't know about?

the closest thing out there to a fair ranking system is the bsc rankings done by Anthony McCormick and leagues boycott that due to other ranking systems in which they have a longstanding relationship with aka get picked every year. Anthony has also been trying to setup a national chamionship game between different leagues and i don't know what his success is. It looked promising last year

even if there was a unified system, there will always be scam artist willing to sell you a trip and title with a trophy in order to put cash in their pocket.

congratulation thunder on your championship, my problem is now which on of the 10 national championships is the real one?

semi-pro news

american football news

gdfl

BCS

national football events

NAFL

you get my point

Thunder62
I have lived it, (3 times) and actually had quite the different experience. One is it a perfect weekend;no. It is semi-pro do you expect the Orange Bowl and stay at the Sofitel in Miami? Wait I actually did stay at the Sofitel one year, because well I paid for it. This is nothing more then an opportunity to get your teams name out there and to experience something that most people never will. This is to travel with your team to another state in the middle of a winter to play football. Sure there is dead grass, would you prefer to play in the midwest in January?
The problem is the selection, the Bearcats were outmatched, out-gunned and out shown before the game even began. If you can find me three people that picked the Bearcats to win the game other then your own camp I will gladly detract the above statement. See the year before we went and played the Jets and had no problem with the Refs, the other team stacking, or the field. Why you ask? Well because we won the game. We belonged there, and the Bearcats did not last year.
While it is true the National Champions

If you had a good time, I can't argue with that. That was your experience. Unfortunately several of the groups down there felt differently. You may not have had problems with the refs, but we did. They called a good game, but they tolerated an unnecessary amount of poor sportsmanship.

I'm sure the Jets had a great time because they were able to acquire their own hotel and facilities. Maybe it's our own fault, but then I have to ask....why didn't they pick someone else?

Why weren't the Thunder there? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm asking why the organization couldn't see that a one-loss Thunder team was better than a one-loss Bearcats team?

And another question: we were in the AA game. As I watched I quickly found out that this had NO meaning. The AAA team that won would probably have been trampled by the Jets....so would the A team. Matter of fact, the only team there that looked like they were worthy of a AAA classification would be the Jets.

What I'm getting at is that they don't care who goes down there. A long a they won their league and can pay.

You call that a national title game? Okay.

But you could have played the Jets in Indianapolis the previous three years and achieved the same result.

In regards to the question of why the Thunder were not down there....This year the Thunder had a off year and while they did play in the MSFL Championship, they lost to the Rush...who did go down and lost to Lima..but that was not the only loss for the Thunder this season.

I went to Florida 3 times as well...and we came home with a trophy every time. As for the facilities, I will not say that I was impressed with the actual playing field, but I played 4 games down there in the 3 years and had a locker room every time...I dont understand why you guys didnt have one, they are right behind the stands on the visitor side oppossite of the pressbox. As for practices, we dealt with it and practice every time we went down there behind the soccer fields..long walk to get to it but we practiced. It would be nice if they could organize times for the teams to practice I totally agree.
As for the Hotels..I have stayed at both of the Hotels that they used...The Super 8 was the better of the 2 but the Floridian was better because the whole team was there...
No its not in Miami...but depending on how much time you spend down there, chances are you made the 45 minute to Miami just to check out the beach...I also went to the Florida Keys each time and the last time me and the wife took a $100 cruise to the Bahamas..
One year I took my family and on the way down we stopped in Orlando and went to Universal Studios...
While I know that there are alot of young players who are going down to play football and not able to take the family or dont have any kids..but alot of Thunder players played the season to make this trip for a nice family vacation...AND YOU PLAY FOOTBALL IN JANUARY.

I agree that there are alot of National Champions...there are A, AA and AAA in Homestead
Then you have the National Football Events Championship..which you recieve invitations by winning tournaments (Midwest and MidStates in our region) and at one time the NAFL considerd themselves National Champions for winning their League. Hard to argue since they did have over 100 teams in their league and played almost everywhere acroos the US.
With GDFL getting as big as they are who ever wins that League will Im sure consider themselves as National Champions...So I have to agree with everyone who has posted in regards to a National Champion is hard to declare.....This is a topic that is brought up every year and trust me...with all the Egos across the Nation there will never be a True National Champion....

Oh I really came here to just post about the Orginal Topic...
On behalf of the Lake County Steelers, I would like to Welcome the Indiana Generals to the MSFL...While we only have 2 teams from Indiana in the League, I am happy to have a organization like yours in our League and look forward to seeing you on the field.

Gambrel
Oh I really came here to just post about the Orginal Topic...
On behalf of the Lake County Steelers, I would like to Welcome the Indiana Generals to the MSFL...While we only have 2 teams from Indiana in the League, I am happy to have a organization like yours in our League and look forward to seeing you on the field.

Excellent!

I'm sure I speak for all Generals players when I say we are looking forward to the season in the MSFL.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

NICE!!!! That excites me!! Look forward to it Gam!!