supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anyone own Schutt armor flex shoulder pads?

I was hoping to get some input from someone who owns some before i buy. Can you survive a serious shot in them? Do they do a good job of absorbing a hit?

TIA Ace

Re: Does anyone own Schutt armor flex shoulder pads?

they work ok. if your an lb i would not advise. come out with some nasty brusing. eventually you get use to it and they are light.

Best Shoulder Pads I have ever used is Douglas SP Series "Mr. D". Thay are for Offensive and Defensive Lineman. I played as a Long Snapper and I needed my arms out . There is a pad that you can move out so you can move your arms. I used them for 4 years and never had a problem with them and I also played Center at 150lbs. That can tell you how well that can take a hit. Dicks Sporting Goods has them for $289.99. I hope this helped.

Dennis Morris
Minor League Football News Hall Of Fame "Class Of 2009"
AFA Hall Of Fame "Class of 2010"
American Football News Hall of Fame "Class of 2011"

I bought a pair of Douglas Z pads They are awesome for hitting Never felt a thing but stiff and heavy. I ended up canning them because they just didn't fit me right They always ended up pinned on my throat in the front. They just would not stay down I went back to my rawlings a few shoulder bruises but they fit right.
unfortunately they are shot now. I have to get a new pair. Finding a supplier with a wide variety of shoulder pads in stock is tough. 36, Thanks for the help on the armor flex that was what i thought might be the case