supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indiana Generals home opener will have special meaning

The home opener for the 2011 Indiana Generals on July 16th will have a special meaning to many people.
The Generals will work with the Davis S. Moore Foundation to honor and remember former Roncalli star football player and Indianapolis police officer
David S. Moore who was killed in the line of duty serving his community in January of this year.
You can see the foundations page on facebook by following this link
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/DavidSMooreFoundation?sk=info please check out that page for more info on Officer Moore and the foundation.
Advance sale tickets for this game will be $5.00 and tickets at the gate on day of the game will be $6.00
50% of all ticket sales will go to the David S. Moore foundation.
Officer Moore was a star player for Roncalli High and was co-caption the year they went unbeaten and won the state championship.
We are greatful for public servants such as Officer David S. Moore and we are honored to be able to have this game dedicated to him and his memory.
We hope you will plan on attending this game and making it a night to remember for the Moore family.

Re: Indiana Generals home opener will have special meaning

NICE JOB GUYS...glad to hear your team is honoring this fallen HERO! From watching his funeral, I understand he was quite the football player and his legacy will be honored and remembered by the Indiana Generals! I've personally been so impressed by the Moore family. I'm sure this game will be a huge success!

Good luck!

James Stamper

Thank you James this is a very important game for the Generals as well as the Moore family and the community.
To read a wonderful story on Officer Moore please check out this link and follow the directions to the story on him in the February 2011 issue.

http://www.archindy.org/criterion/local/2011/index.html

I am really looking forward to this game and honoring this fallen warrior.
If anyone would like to purchase pre-sale tickets for this game please email me at the email address jd47408@bluemarble.net for instructions on buying your tickets. You can also make a donation to the foundation if you can't attend the game and want to make a donation.
The article I mentioned above is a very good story on Officer Moore and his playing days at Roncalli.

Thought I would add a little to this special game post.
The Generals are working very hard to fill Roncalli high for the David S. Moore game and yesterday I finalized an agreement for the next home game on July 30th to benefit, the middle school student that was shot a couple monhts ago at a Martinsville Middle School.
So please mark down July 30th 7pm for the
CHANCE JACKSON NIGHT with the Indiana Generals.
The Generals are committed to giving back to the community and helping those who are in need.
If anyone has any questions regarding either of these two very special games email me.
Coach Allen