supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
best in state

so after the controlled scrimmage last night, was it proved who's bettr between tornadoes and generals? Let's hear it triggs?

Re: best in state

The controlled scrimmage between the Tornadoes and the Generals was just that, a controlled scrimmage. I have my thoughts, but will keep them to myself, as everyone from both organizations should do the same. It was a lot of fun, and we hope to do it again soon. This was to help both squads iron out any wrinkles they may have and to get better as teams. Good work both teams. Represent Indianapolis to its finest!

I was there lastnight , tornadoes had the numbers but generals had that heart to roll out wit what they had ...Generals scored LIKE 3 tds and tornadoes 1 ... If I had to pick I would say Da Generals by a long shot....

I dont make excuses, I state facts... the Generals showed up ready to play and their play showed that. It didn't matter if we had more talent (or numbers for that matter) than the Generals... They played hard. My hat goes of to the Generals. But, it was a controlled scrimmage... There's work to be done for the Tornados squad. Best in Indy? Well, I guess we'll have to draw our conclusions from 25 plays...

what the hell is a controlled scrimmage? That sound like excuses to me..lol controlled scrimmage. i been playing football a long time on the D-1 level and never play a controlled scrimmage against another team. If you want to see who the best in the state play a REAL Game. And stop with the espn after game loser speech

How do you play football "a long time" on the D1 level?

Hey leave the dude alone the only thing that kept him out of high school was grammer school.
Maybe he is one of those guys Jeff Foxworthy is always talking about or maybe he just made college a hobby.

But yet the question has not been answer..

and that question simply cannot be answered at this point in time as the two top ranked teams have other things to woory about besides EGO.
The Tornado's are a great team and a class organization and they are representing the City of Indianapolis very well they have also had a benefit to help those in Joplin Mo.
The Generals are also a great team and a class organization. They also represent the City of Indianapolis well. The Generals also give back to the community such as the game this Saturday night that will honor the police officer that was killed in the line of duty.
I think everyone would rather wish these two teams luck and be all for them to win their leagues. Then maybe a game can be worked out but no amount of message board talk is going to cause it to happen before then.

A controlled scrimmage is basically a practice against another team. Your offense runs a certain amount of plays, then your defense runs a certain amount of plays. Repeat that a couple times. Sometimes the coaches are on the field calling plays and pointing out mistakes.

And that is exactly what it was....and all it was! @Taurus, don't be a dumbass! They even do these in the NFL. They aren't of the high publicity type, none-the-less, they do happen.

MP48

Hey this aint the NFL. This is a group of guys playing bad football. Just find it funny that the top two teams couldnt settle this at the end of season. A real game to see who is the best in the state. Lets all calm down with the name calling..lol

taurus4622
what the hell is a controlled scrimmage? That sound like excuses to me..lol controlled scrimmage. i been playing football a long time on the D-1 level and never play a controlled scrimmage against another team.

Playing on the D-1 level a long time must imply a console of some sort(Sega Genesis or SNES maybe?!) I guess they didn't have controlled scrimmages in Bill Walsh College Football...

#16 Tornados

okay. Lets try this again for lesser minds whose biggest game was a lost to a townships school in sectional. As a fan of Semi-pro i would just love to see a "Real" game between the top teams in Indiana. Enough Said...

I would like to see a "Real" controlled scrimmage between the two worst teams in Indiana. Nuff said!

#16 Tornados

And see that is the problem with the shit you talkin' Taurus. You start off posting, disrespecting what "we" the players, coaches, participants, are doing. Where I am from that is "hatin." Bad football, don't watch. A lot of us did play college ball. Many diffenent levels. Some played arena. Some have had tryouts or made it to the league. You disrespect the game when you say it is just for said individuals; ie, little league, high school, college, NFL. Tell you what. Get a site, sponsor a game, call it a showcase or something, promote it, and set up the game. I am sure the Tornados and Generals would show up.

MP48

Reading all this is really sad, many people disrespect this level of football and it is the actions and words of some that give this level of football a bad name.
There is no doubt that the Tornados and Generals are the two best teams in the state, the Tornados have consistantly been a top team not only in the state but also the country for several years. The Generals went out and got a coach and a proven leader and winner and now have been at the top of the charts as well for the past three seasons. These teams and their organizations are doing everything they can to promote this level of football and it is sad that people get on here and try to make things happen with harse words.
The "controlled scrimmage" is nothing new teams do it at every level and they happen all the time it is a TOOL to give each team and indication of where they need work and to make them better, so basicly the two teams in question here were helping each other get better.
The Tornados recently had a game to benefit the people in Joplin Mo. and tonight the Generals are honoring an Indianapolis police officer killed in the line of duty, who just happened to be a star player at Roncalli where they play there home games. The game tonight even has the Mayor of Indianapolis doing the coin toss, what an opportunity for semi-pro football to shine in the City of Indianapolis.
I sure there will be lots of media coverage as well for the game, again putting this level of football in the spotlight tonight.
Lets give all the talk for a game a rest until after the seasons are over, I'm sure if someone sets up a game after the seasons are over the two teams in question would be happy to play each other.
If you want to help support this level of football then why not head out to the Generals game tonight at 7pm and help fill the stands and honor a true hero Officer Moore who died serving the citizens of Indianapolis. The weather is going to be great and the admission is only 6 bucks do something positive rather than sit and spew negatives words at two fine teams.

Amen!!!!!