supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help the Generals honor David S. Moore

I want to invite all semi-pro fans to attend the Indiana Gnerals home game this Saturday July 16th and help us honor Officer David S. Moore, for those who do not know who Officer Moore is here is a little something I got from his foundation page on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/DavidSMooreFoundation?sk=info
It pretty much tells what happened that morning.
On Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 at approximately 0900 hours Officer David Moore conducted a traffic stop on a 1998 Gold Toyota Camry. During the stop, Officer Moore was shot in the head 2 times, the thigh once and the chest once. Officer Moore could not radio for help, fortunately a citizen nearby called 911 and reported an officer down in the middle of the street. Officer Moore's injuries were fatal.
David Moore played football at Roncalli High School were the Generals play and we have teamed up with the David S. Moore Foundation to honor him Saturday night when we host the Lincoln-Way Patriots.
50% of all tickets sales will go to the David S. Moore Foundation.
Spencer and Jo Moore, Davids parents will attend the game and the Generals will make a very special presentation to them at halftime.
Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard will also attend the game and will conduct the coin toss to start the evening.
I hope you can attend this event and help us show Officer Moore's family that the community is greatful for Officers who serve and protect us, and sometimes pay the ultimate price to keep our streets and communities safe.
This will be a great night for the Moore family and a fun night with some hard hitting football, and I for one am looking forward to it.

Re: Help the Generals honor David S. Moore

One of the many reasons that make the Generals a great organization!

A Terre Haute police officer was gunned down today while serving a felony warrent. All the more reason to attend this game and show your support to the family of an officer that left his home one cold January morning only to be gunned down in the middle of the street.

Good cause...keeping it at the top!

Big day tomorrow. MSFL ranked #2 vs. #3 battle it out at Roncalli High School. Even bigger than that is the great cause that they will be playing for. Come out and support the David Moore Foundation, eat some great food, and watch what should be an excellent football game. Hope to see you there!

Just to give everyone some details,

Tickets are only $6.00 for adults to attend the game and children 12 and under are free. Kickoff is at 7pm and gates will open at 5:30

This season the Indiana Generals will have Soladine concessions at the games.
They have a very good menu ranging from Hawaiian Shaved Ice, fruit smoothies,taco in a bag, hotdogs, brats, and 1/3 pound burgers all cooked on a grill right in front of you.
Soda pop, water and other items such as chips and candy. The prices will be very affordable.
This is a family event and will be a night to remember as the Generals honor Officer David S. Moore.
Officer Moore's parents will be presented a plaque at halftime and Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard will also be at the game and will officiate the coin toss.
I hope all the fans of semi-pro football will come out for a great cause and see and couple of very good football teams do battle.