supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
#4 Tornados vs #23 Scorpions: Hoosier Division Showdown 7/23/2011

#4 Indianapolis Tornados vs #23 Naptown Scorpions: Hoosier Division Showdown 7/23/2011

INDIANAPOLIS, IN- The GDFL cross town rivals Indianapolis Tornados will host the Naptown Scorpions in a showdown whose importance extends far beyond the gridiron. On Saturday, July 23, 2011, the 5-0 Tornados and 4-1 Scorpions will compete for home field advantage within the Hoosier Division of the GDFL. This matchup will be the first truly competitive game for either team, as both teams have been in lopsided contests up to this point. The game will begin at 7:00 at Park Tudor High School in Indianapolis, with pre-game events beginning at 6:15. Listen to the game on HCSNRadio.com. Pregame show begins at 6:45 pm with kickoff at 7:00 pm. Keith Meyers and Bill Ludlow will be calling all the action.

This game will occur in conjunction with the Tornados’ “Never Give Up Night” to recognize those who have survived or are continuing to fight cancer. Erin Walters, who is currently battling cancer, will be singing the national anthem before the game. Also featured will be a silent auction with great prizes, opportunities to purchase balloons to raise funds for charity, other events that will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, free parking, concessions, etc.

The Indianapolis Tornados are a minor league football team with a rich history and an intense commitment to the community. The Tornados offer graduates from various high schools and colleges an opportunity to prepare themselves for professional aspirations. The team also includes former professional athletes who continue to enjoy playing organized football. For more information about the team and organization log on to www.indianapolistornados.

Re: #4 Tornados vs #23 Scorpions: Hoosier Division Showdown 7/23/2011

Was just checking the National rankings on the BCS site and found that Indianapolis is very well represented with the Generals currently at number 23 in the country
23 Indiana Generals (MSFL) 23.09 41.98
and the Indianapolis Tornados currently listed at number 27 in the country
27 Indianapolis Tornados (GDFL) 26.51 40.93
I didn't see any other Indianapolis teams on the BCS but if you are on there and I missed you I'm sorry.
I was at the Generals game last week and it was pretty impressive to see the Mayor of Indianapolis hanging on their sideline after tossing the coin, nice to see the Generals helping the Moore foundation as well. They presnted the Moore foundation a check for over $500.00
It is clear why these two teams are ranked
number 1 ( Generals )
and
number 2 ( Tornados )
in the State of Indiana by ISPF
I am looking forward to great weekend of football heading to Terre Haute to the Wildcat / Cutter game this afternoon then going to Indy to watch this game tonight.

Re: #4 Tornados vs #23 Scorpions: Hoosier Division Showdown 7/23/2011

This won't be much of a match up the tornados are ranked 27th in the nation and the scorpions are ranked 111 in the nation. That is off the bcs ranking page in case anyone wants to know where those numbers came from.
Where did the #4 and #23 come from I'm lost here in the bcs there are 8 teams from the GDFL that are ranked in front of the tornados, in the latest BCS National Rankings using their system.
@ #5 is Oklahoma Thunder
@ #11 is Columbus Gladiators
@ #17 is Southern Georgia Seminoles
@ #18 is Beaufort Hornets
@ #20 is Kentucky Wolverines
@ #21 is Henry County Horsemen
@ #24 is Virginia Cougars
@ #25 is Fayetteville Horizon
The gdfl rankings are of course different since they are only ranking the teams in each division I believe.
In short the tornados take the scorpions to the woodshed for a little attitude adjustment tonight.
Just saying a quick check of rankings shows this as of the release date of July 16th 2011