GDFL GAME CENTER WEEK 8

Havoc Top Hornets In Week 8 Thriller
A quick snapshot around the league

Total Sports Coverage Field Correspondent
Total Sports Coverage

Football
Updated Sun, 24 Jul 2011 01:16:49 CT

ATLANTA, GA - UPDATED GAME NIGHT RESULTS AND INFO:

The Palmetto Havoc made program history with a 14-13 thrilling win over state pest and tenth-ranked Beaufort Hornets. The Hornets returned the second half opening kickoff 80 yards for a touchdown and the 13-6 lead. The Havoc would respond when Jarred Morris caught a 23 yard touchdown pass from Darrin Holmes to put the Havoc up 14-13 in the 3rd quarter. Later in the third Havoc defensive back Tramaine Hunter snagged an interception in the end zone to halt a serious Hornets threat that would in essence seal the win. Messiah Dixon lead the Palmetto Havoc on defense with 11 (unofficial) tackles. The Havoc now improve to 6-1 while the Beaufort Hornets fall to 6-1.

In other GDFL Action...
A top 15 match up rocked Virginia Beach as the No. 15 Hampton Roads Hurricanes let their pads do the talking in a 41-14 weather shortened win over the No.5 Virginia Cougars. It was the first win for the Hurricanes win program history (pending record confirmation) over the boys from Northern Virginia. The game was called with 11:34 left in the fourth quarter, which means the football gods may have done the Cougars a favor. Pending league standing the Hurricanes could have stolen first place from the Cougars in the division.

No.9 South Georgia 'Noles 34 Emerald Coast Scorpions 0 F
Marcus Brooks threw 2 touchdowns and rushed for one. Backup quarterback Brandon Lee also tossed a touchdown while James Trimble got the defense into the scoring act with a scoop and score fumble return for a touchdown.

No.12 Chambersburg Cardinals 56 DC Explosion 24 F
No. 4 Indianapolis Tornados 34 No.23 Naptown Scorpions 2 F
No. 14 Buckeye Bearcats 61 Buckeys State Splash 0 F
No. 18 Jefferson Co. (GA) Warriors 34 Florida Rhinos 0 F
NO. 6 Henry Co. (GA) Horsemen 49 Georgia Crush 7 F
Tonio Bearden and Andre Powell scored touchdowns for the Horsemen in the win.

No. 3 Kentucky Wolverines 21 Clarksville Eagles 20 F
No. 17 Dallas Diesel 14 DFW Heat 0 F
No,21 Georgia Jets 34 Atlanta Chiefs 14 F
Detronn Harris 3 passing touchdowns 2 rushing touchdowns for Jets.
No.2 Oklahoma Thunder 26 Arkansas Sabres (AFL) 12 F

For the full recap of all the scores and highlight be sure to tune into the GDFL Game Center Week 8 Wrap Up Show Sunday Night on Total Sports Coverage

The GDFL will have a special Sunday Night Game when the No.1 Carolina Warrior take on the Tri-State Outlaws in Columbia South Carolina.

Follow the GDFL on Twitter @THEGDFL for the latest in game scores and updates on game nights the rest of the season. It's playoff time and The GDFL is...a TOUCHDOWN!

Re: GDFL GAME CENTER WEEK 8

FOOTBALL: Chambersburg Cardinals pull away from D.C. Explosion, 56-24

Chambersburg,PA-Tough defense: The Chambersburg Cardinals’ defense, led....

It was the closest game of the season for the Chambersburg Cardinals on Saturday night at Trojan Stadium, but the home team overcame an early deficit and crushed the D.C. Explosion in the second half to remain undefeated in the Gridiron Developmental Football League.

The 56-24 score was closer than some expected, but Chambersburg head coach Eric Fauson knew it would be a battle.

"I fully expected them (the Explosion) to give us everything they had," he said. "We gave up 16 points on special teams, so they only would've scored eight on us if everything had worked out."

The Explosion came out strong, returning the opening kickoff for an 86-yard touchdown. Chambersburg answered quickly when Anthony Gardner used the height of Ottis Lewis to his advantage, lofting a touchdown pass over a defender's head for a score.

D.C. increased its lead in the second quarter when Paul Minus scooped up a blocked punt and took it 23 yards for a TD, making the score 16-6.

The Cardinals weren't fazed, however, as they put up three touchdowns before halftime.

Gardner connected with Garrien Johnson for a 31-yard score, Dustin Mowen ran the ball in from one yard out, and J.P. Marshall snagged an interception and took it to the house to make the lead 28-16.

"We started out a little slow," Johnson said, "but we got the ball rolling. Not to be cocky, but when I saw their coverage and nobody was playing on top of me, I knew I had them beat (on his two touchdowns). Their
Advertisement
defense made our offense work today, but that's a good thing."

The second half opened with a bang for Chambersburg when Lewis reeled in a 41-yard pass from Gardner on the quarter's first play, which was followed by a 19-yard run by Craig Heyward Jr. for a score.

D.C.'s Larry Graham used his legs for a 26-yard touchdown run just before the quarter ended, but it was all Chambersburg for the remainder of the game.

Gardner connected with Johnson for their second touchdown of the night on a 49-yard bomb, and followed shortly after with a 25-yarder to Terrence McLatchey, who found his way into the end zone for the score.

With less than two minutes remaining, Gardner found Travis Smith with a 4-yard toss for his fifth TD pass of the night.

"It was a good game," Explosion coach Charles McGriff said. "There was great execution on the Cardinals' behalf. We had a lot of backups out there tonight and had some breakdowns and blown coverages; we did it to ourselves. The Cardinals are a great team and we expected a battle."

Fauson believes his team has even more to bring in the next four regular season games.

"Running the ball just isn't working for us right now," he said. "Teams can look at our film and read our sets, but we've gotta go to what we know we can do and throw the ball. We just need to put a complete game together ... all four quarters, which is something we haven't been able to do yet. It would be fun to see just how dangerous this team can be."

Chambersburg 56, D.C. 24

Chambersburg 6 22 8 20 -- 56

D.C. Explosion 8 8 8 0 -- 24

First Quarter

DC--Keith Alston kickoff return, (Mike McNeal run) 14:47

C--Ottis Lewis 25 pass from Anthony Gardner (pass failed) 12:34

Second Quarter

DC--Paul Minus blocked punt 23 return (McNeal run) 8:50

C--Garrien Johnson 31 pass from Gardner (run failed) 6:48

C--Dustin Mowen 1 run (Lewis pass from Gardner) 3:50

C--J.P. Marshall interception 27 return (Gardner run) 2:31

Third Quarter

C--Craig Heyward Jr. 19 run (Johnson pass from Gardner) 14:09

DC--Larry Graham 26 run (Graham run) 00:20

Fourth Quarter

C--Johnson 49 pass from Gardner (run failed) 14:53

C--Terrence McLatchey 25 pass from Gardner (Gardner run) 12:11

C--Travis Smith 4 pass from Gardner (run failed) 1:57

TEAM STATISTICS

DC Chbg

First downs 13 14

Rushes-yds. 21-139 30-108

Passing yds. 106 258

Total offense 245 366

Passing 7-28-5 15-25-0

Fumbles-lost 2-2 0-0

Punts-avg.4-33.5 3-34

Penalties-yds. 11-142 8-70

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING -- DC, Graham 12-76, Jelani Walker 4-27, McNeal 2-22, Ed Garnes 3-14. Chbg, Gardner 10-40, Hayward 5-21, Keon Lattimore 6-18, Andre McDonald 5-17, Mowen 4-12.

PASSING -- DC, Ed Garnes 7-28-5. Chbg, Gardner 15-25-0.

RECEIVING -- DC, James Boyd 5-71, John Thomas 1-28, Chris Lewis 1-7 . Chbg, Johnson 2-80, Lewis 2-66, Jerrell Jones 6-34, Ivan Randolph 1-38, McLatchey 2-30, Smith 2-10.

INTERCEPTIONS -- Michael Coles, Marshall, Louis Corum, Markkus Davis, Justine Buries.

Chambersburg 56, D.C. 24

Of note: The Explosion took a 16-6 lead in the second quarter, but the Cardinals scored 7 of the last 8 touchdowns to pull away

... Chambersburg QB Anthony Gardner threw for 5 TDs, including 2 to Garrien Johnson.

Records: The Cardinals (5-0) play at Lancaster on Saturday, 7 ... D.C. is 3-3.

No. 21 Jets Smash Chiefs 34-14, Remain Division Leader
Detronn Harris, Matthew Hardeman and Derrick Weems help Jets bounce back from loss

Staff
Jets Media LLC

HAMPTON, GA - The No.21 ranked Georgia Jets overcame a sluggish start to power their way past the rival Chiefs (3-3) who were ranked as high as No. 12 earlier in the season, with a 34-14 onslaught. Detronn Harris had a hand in all five Jets touchdown, passing for three and rushing for two.

Harris found Cole Stevenson, Curtis Blake III and Nicholas Miller on his passing touchdowns while rushing 67 yards and 16 yards for touchdowns.

Matthew Hardeman headed a stellar defensive effort from the Jets that constantly kept the Chiefs behind the sticks most of the night. Derrick Weems is continuing to come into his own at the safety position replacing the injured Trae Hille who is out for the season with a rib injury.

The Chiefs scored their 14 points in the final 8 minutes of the game on back to back possessions after the Jets cleared their bench. The Jets now own a 2-1 All-Time series lead against the Chiefs winning the last two meetings.

The Jets will be home again at beautiful Twelve Oaks next week to face the Atlanta Lions, who fell 12-0 to the Georgia Knights. The Jets opened their season with a 35-14 win over the Lions.

SPAM ALERT!

SPAM
SPAM ALERT!

It should be pointed out that all these rankings that appear on this post I mean ADVERTISEMENT are league rankings and NOT OFFICIAL BCS RANKINGS.
Some teams and leagues will do anything to make themselves and their teams look better. The only thing wrong here is mis-representation to the fans of football at this level. ISPF has a link on their site to the official BCS rankings page check that one out to see where any team is listed and use that as your standard for ranking teams.
So the GDFL can pound on their chest all day about all their great teams and the great work they do for their communities but in reality they don't give a dime of actual cold hard cash back to anyone.
so just who does this powerful league have ranked # 1 I see everything listed above but a number one.
No.12 Chambersburg Cardinals 56 DC Explosion 24 F
No. 4 Indianapolis Tornados 34 No.23 Naptown Scorpions 2 F
No. 14 Buckeye Bearcats 61 Buckeys State Splash 0 F
No. 18 Jefferson Co. (GA) Warriors 34 Florida Rhinos 0 F
NO. 6 Henry Co. (GA) Horsemen 49 Georgia Crush 7 F
Tonio Bearden and Andre Powell scored touchdowns for the Horsemen in the win.

No. 3 Kentucky Wolverines 21 Clarksville Eagles 20 F
No. 17 Dallas Diesel 14 DFW Heat 0 F
No,21 Georgia Jets 34 Atlanta Chiefs 14 F
Detronn Harris 3 passing touchdowns 2 rushing touchdowns for Jets.
No.2 Oklahoma Thunder 26 Arkansas Sabres (AFL) 12 F

and funny thing is the Oklahoma Thunder are ranked number 2 in the list posted here by mighty mouth gridiron4life but in the BCS they are ranked at #5 in the country now that is sure not # 2 in my book!!!!

Why are you looking soooo deep into this. The GDFL rankings are just that. GDFL rankings. Of course we know of the BCS rankings, and the INSF rankings, but as long as there are GDFL teams in Indiana, what is posted about the GDFL has every right to be posted here. What if I said I don't give a shit about any of these other leagues? In other words you are wasting your time railing against the GDFL.....unless you are jealous. How bout you just don't click on the GDFL posts, just like I rarely click on stuff that mean nothing to me.......ie: IFL, CRFL, yada yada!

MP48

As far as the BCS rankings... who ever comes out of the GDFL playoffs, power ranking is going to be off the charts because ITS SOME HEAT IN THE GDFL!!! When we crown a champion... its gone be a legit National Champion, and you can bet that...

Rankings dont mean jack squat right now... stop wasting bandwith hatin and do some research on the teams in this GDFL post and learn something about this level of football and the product that we represent - Nation Wide...

Well THANK YOU for that information everyone can now get out of the heat and stop wasting all this damn practice time the tornados are going to come out of the POWERFUL GDFL and there isn't anybody else that can touch them or the others in this super league in fact the Colts might offer the stadium to the GDFL so that these players who walk on water can use that very nice facility for games.
Come on are we really to believe that the BCS rankings are BS
I would be willing to bet that if that league had a team at the top of the bcs they would be singing a different song.
I know I've watched my last game in Indianapolis that costs $10.00 to get in.
There are plenty of other good fights that cost half that much.

The Tornados is funny.

Alls they want is the easiest possible way to call themselves national champs. That involves being in the GDFL playing teams that suck, winning a few games against some midlevel teams in the playoffs, then they can call themselves one of the 60 national champions again.

It's funny to see the scores 49-6 week in and week out. They a solid team no doubt but come on. Couldn't you have joined that elite league the generals were talking about? Or the Generals league?

Or is those too tough of a league for you? Instead of playing the Vipers you vould be getting your azz kicked by the Detroit Ravens or Racine Raiders.

BOOO
The Tornados is funny.

Alls they want is the easiest possible way to call themselves national champs. That involves being in the GDFL playing teams that suck, winning a few games against some midlevel teams in the playoffs, then they can call themselves one of the 60 national champions again.

It's funny to see the scores 49-6 week in and week out. They a solid team no doubt but come on. Couldn't you have joined that elite league the generals were talking about? Or the Generals league?

Or is those too tough of a league for you? Instead of playing the Vipers you vould be getting your azz kicked by the Detroit Ravens or Racine Raiders.

Well, since you asked I guess I'll answer...

First of all, I'm not sure why the Generals are referenced in a comment about what league we joined and why... I have history with alot of these leagues and teams so deep I can write a book, good and bad. The fact that everyone doesn't realize is that in 2010, WE HAD SIX GAMES CANCELLED!!! Four of which were home games and only 2 we found replacement for... Yeah, we were looking for a new league way before the season was over... So let's start right there...

Six cancellations... this is why we're in the league we are in...

Let's start with the GMFL... one word Blackball... Anthony McCormick would not let his teams play us when we had all holes that could have been filled. Secondly, he and I just didnt see eye to eye... 've gotten over it but we definately wouldn't have been welcomed there...

MSFL... this league currently hold's the record for "No's" when we needed games in the past... start with the Stampeed and work your way down... they all said, No... so why would we play with in this league..? Just to let you know... the McHenry Pirate's backed out on us this year as well, I'm not mad at them nor am I "sneak dissins" them... just making a point...

eMCFL... I really have respect for these guys. I've played some games against the Columbus Fire, loved the quality of football... fights almost broke out the whole game, refs were horrible... so on so forth. Also, I gave those guys money in assistance when we needed a game, we even fed they team a platter of subs from Subway.. what did we get? They trashed Carmel stadium after the game, and when went to Columbus, them cats laughed when I asked could our guys get some hotdogs and chips and stuff after the game... Not to mention we scheduled the Detroit Seminols in 2010 and they backed out (let say gracefully) because we were not willing to send them a check for travel... On top of that, I don't think I can fit under Stamper's umbrella...

Why the GDFL? I'm a strong believer in the power of vision. The premise that our organization is built on is the vision of men (myself included) who wanted a better way to play football, not only for ourselves, our families, fans of this level of football, and our commmunity... Honestly, Charles (GDFL Commish) was one of the few people who had our backs in our time of need when we had all of our cancellations... he made as many, if not more calls, to teams to help get us some games. I walk by faith not by sight... we joined the GDFL on the strength of a vision that is shared by myself and other about the "National" quality of football. The same thing the NAFL, our league previously, represented.

I've seen football all across the country - you can't tell me about it... I know it for myself. I HAVE THREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS to prove it... and I did it with guys that play a high quality of football that only people like myself and a few others understand what it takes and have to ability to create that product. The key phrase is "create the product..."

We've made a huge impact on the GDFL.. in my opinion we helped the GDFL make the turn from an up and coming league to a rising star... Don't take for granted what you see. My first encounter with Charles (GDFL Commush) is in 2002 then the Indiana Tornados went down to Memphis to play the Blast. They has a acceptional club down there and beat us. That same year we went to play the Central Penn Piranas in the Elite 8 of the NAFL National Championship playoffs. Those were the only 2 defeats we had that that year. You cats on here don't know what this level of football is about because it shows up on every post.

Go down to Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky and play a team and see how they promote their games... see the vibe they have down there... go to the east coast and see how they do things out there before you judge... The GDFL is based in Memphis Tennessee.... get real about your accusations. Dont sit up here in Indiana and expect that world to revolve arounfd this HalfBush quality product and claim fame...

2008 was not that long ago... INDIANA WAS BUSH... you can thank me later...

Don't believe him???? Go on the Dirty South message board (yo give em' the link) and see what they talkin' down there. Makes this INSF site look like a church league. Get ya minds right. HATERS!

MP48
"Damned if you do....Damned if you don't"

.....and on that note!!!! Here's more from the GDFL GAME CENTER
Pls click link to View!

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=TotalSportsCoverage&recordid=19914&event_position&event_type=football