supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rankings

I say Indiana stand up!! Its great that two great teams are representing Indy in the top 20 nationally. I know these rankings are for fun, but celebrate that and that Indiana football is not joke.

Re: Rankings

Yeah, JC that is awesome. I could very easily see the Tornados and the Generals in the top 10 within a couple weeks. But Tornados #13, Generals #18: Way to represent Indianapolis!

You guys honestly believe that the Generals and Tornados are 18 & 13 NATIONALLY? Get hyped over semi pro football, because other than Peyton's squad in Indy, the rest of Indiana is absolute garbage athletically.

Anyone else think "REALITY" SUCKS! I mean it is like the WWE. You watch it. You follow it. But you know it's not real. Well....Semi Pro football is sorta like that when you think about it in comparison to say the Almighty NFL. But REALITY is I have seen blown knees, broken arms, collar bones, legs, concussions, etc right here on this level. (but you can get that hoopin with your boys in the driveway too) I have seen people rehab those injuries, just to get back out on the field and battle again. Crazy right? Sure. Grown men playing a kids game? Maybe. But this is our life and we make what we want out of it. don't forget that! The problem I have with people like this "reality" poster is.....I think you are saying we ain't shit or pussies. If that is what you are saying, then say it. But I guarantee, and I speak for any Good Ol' Hoosier Boy or Tornado, General, Hitman etc, when I say 1. you won't reveal your real name 2.You won't say that shit to any of our face. 3. You sure won't say it to mine! NOW THAT'S REALITY!

MP48

fact is if the Wildcats were to play the Tornados they would win fact is a rematch with the Generals the cats would win.
Had it not been for the very poor management of the lowly IFL they woul;d be ranked highest in the state the cats are ballin this year.
The Generals will never play the tornagos they are chicken to play a powerhouse and the tornados are glad about that cause they are afraid pf losing
all the torgaydos know how to do is fill this board with spam about their rankings that nobody cares about so why not take all your bd talk and move on.
I wpuld also like for the Generals front man to stop patting himself on the back for arranging game that use others mus fortunes to try and fill their seats I mean come on their attendence is POOR and anybody who goes to their games gets a dose of hey this is so sorry
One last thing the GDFL is by far the woesr leasue in the country in fact I rate the IFL in front of them and that people is sad

fact
fact is if the Wildcats were to play the Tornados they would win fact is a rematch with the Generals the cats would win.
Had it not been for the very poor management of the lowly IFL they woul;d be ranked highest in the state the cats are ballin this year.
The Generals will never play the tornagos they are chicken to play a powerhouse and the tornados are glad about that cause they are afraid pf losing
all the torgaydos know how to do is fill this board with spam about their rankings that nobody cares about so why not take all your bd talk and move on.
I wpuld also like for the Generals front man to stop patting himself on the back for arranging game that use others mus fortunes to try and fill their seats I mean come on their attendence is POOR and anybody who goes to their games gets a dose of hey this is so sorry
One last thing the GDFL is by far the woesr leasue in the country in fact I rate the IFL in front of them and that people is sad

You sir are an idiot. You have no idea what you are talking about. For starters. When the Generals played you their first preseason game at YOUR house, the Generals had more fans in the stands than you did. Second, they went to your place and won, why would the result be any different now? Oh because the Generals are playing so poorly now. Wrong. Third, the Generals did not have either starting safety, and you still only managed 11 points.

The fact is, if they would play you now at full strength, you would lose by 30. Or maybe more, or do you not remember the ASS Kicking that they did to you last year? Twice! You are 0-3 against the Generals in 2 years.....but I guess if you keep saying "If we play them again, we will win". Eventually it might happen. Who have you beaten this year that is ranked in the top 100 of the BCS? Noone, can you say the same about the Generals or Tornados no. Good job finishing in 4th last year in the IFL, have the top 3 teams leave so you can make your claim as the best team in Indiana. Yep you are awesome.

As far as the benefit that they did for Officer Moore, your words do nothing but tarnish his legacy and good name. You need GOD in your life, to replace the anger in your heart. If you set out one day to make a difference, and it only touches one life, was it not a successful day? And was the goal to get as many people in the stands as possible? Yes, every person that walked through those gates, the Generals made a donation to the foundation - which makes a difference every day! How about you try and do the same.

That's no one from our team. Please don't refer to him as a Wildcat or anyone from or near Terre Haute. Just some guy trying to get under your skin.

Please don't refer to us being trash... thing that you fail to see because you are not part of this organization is that was a completely different looking Wildcat team you have seen in the past. That's also a brand new offense playing together for the first time. We left so much behind in that game. Yes, I know the Generals did as well. I don't believe we are that far from the Generals. I've been told by the General players that we are the best they played and that we have turned the corner.

Yes, we finished 4th/3rd but do you honestly think the Blaze were that much better? Who knows...

Good luck Generals against the Steelers and the rest of the season. I can see a trip down South in your future!

-

Landry - I apologize if I came across as negative towards your organization. You guys are extremely classy and professional as well as very talented. At the same time, you guys did give the Generals the best game of the year so far, and prob. the best game they will have. And I think if you and the Generals would play again it would be VERY close. I was only trying to prove a point to some low-life that I should not have been addressing in the first place. Hopefully you guys take care of business in the IFL and maybe the Generals will see you in a post-season tourney somewhere. Good luck the rest of the year!

Who have you beaten this year that is ranked in the top 100 of the BCS? Noone, can you say the same about the Generals or Tornados no.

to negate this statement, there are 4 teams in the CRFL who are ranked in the top 100. do you honestly think ANY of them would stand a chance against the cats? the top ranked BCS team from the CRFL (force) got beat by the cats last year by like 40 points. goes to show these BCS rankings are a joke! you HONESTLY believe that 4 CRFL teams should be ranked top 100 NATIONALLY!?! WRONG!

just sayin
Who have you beaten this year that is ranked in the top 100 of the BCS? Noone, can you say the same about the Generals or Tornados no.

to negate this statement, there are 4 teams in the CRFL who are ranked in the top 100. do you honestly think ANY of them would stand a chance against the cats? the top ranked BCS team from the CRFL (force) got beat by the cats last year by like 40 points. goes to show these BCS rankings are a joke! you HONESTLY believe that 4 CRFL teams should be ranked top 100 NATIONALLY!?! WRONG!

What are the records of these teams? The rankings are always a little skewed at the beginning of seasons, especially if teams start out at 3-0,4-0,5-0, etc. And As far as the Wildcats, I think that if the IFL teams would have reported thier scores and not get thier league deleted from the rankings, then the Wildcats would be a top 15 team Nationally. I mean they took the Generals to the wire. Yes, you can make excuses as to why both teams didnt play better, but it is what it is. A 9 point game, by far the closest game the Generals have had since the 2009 IFL championship. Its a shame that the Wildcats aren't being ranked. It would have been nice to see how hugh they would have claimed. If I was someone in the Wildcats organization, I would contact the BCS, ask if they would consider putting the IFL back in if they submitted each score for each week that has already been played, as well as take it upon themselves to submit scores for the entire league each week so they don't get disqualified for scores not being submitted. Not sure it will work, but it's worth a shot.

@ generals fan. Landry is right, I don't think those comments were from anyone associated with the wildcats. if it is, & the coaching staff finds out who, they will get their ass chewed out for the comments. talk is cheap & i personally don't like it (a little on the the field talk is ok though).

i think that the benefit games for others that are put on by the generals is a good thing-that too is something that i don't believe anyone associated with the wildcats would say.

you guys keep doing your thing & we will do ours. hopefully we both bring home championships this year! i honestly think our teams are the top two in the state, but it really doesn't matter as far as that goes. good luck the rest of the year!

I have learned to stop and think before I speak and so it has taken me a couple days to address this but since I feel I was the one being put on the spot I have a few words to say on the matter.
Times are tough if you don't think they are go knocking on doors of businesses and ask for a sponsorship for a mens semi-pro football team. Then after you are told no do it over and over many times a week.
I have made some mistakes in the 5 years I have been around semi-pro, I'm not proud of some of things I have said and done over the years, some people from the team in Bloomington still hold a grudge but most are now friends again, I have learned from my mistakes and moved on.
These benefit game are just that a game to benefit someone, sometimes the person has passed away or as in the case of Officer Moore killed by a nut with a gun. When we had Officer Moore's parents at the game two weeks ago it was a very emotional night for everyone but it once again put David Moores name in the news, we had channel 8, 13, and fox 59 at our game and the Mayor of Indianapolis held a live press conference at the game. At halftime we presented the David S. Moore Foundation a check for $516.00 that is called giving back to the community.
Last week it was announced that Roncalli High School football players will wear David Moore's number 63 on their helmets this season in honor of their former Captain.
This weeks game is to benefit Chance Jackson a middle school student from martyinsville ( where I graduated ) that went to school on March 26th only to be gunned down in the hallway by a F%#&ing classmate. The kid has went thru hell twice and come back, and his healing and journey is still a long way from being over, he is a football player at Martinsville, that has now been taken away from him for at least a year, maybe two, and maybe just maybe he will never play this game again. This night is for him and to give him the chance to be on the sideline and be an honorary captain for the Generals maybe give him a brief night of being normal again. Yes Fox 59 will be there and yes they will get to speak to Chance.
People when I arrange a game I do it not only for the Indiana Generals but also for ALL of semi-pro football because the more we get semi-pro out in the media and news casts the more ALL team benefit from it.
I'm sorry for the rather long rant but damn it, I love semi-pro ball, I love being a General, and I love being in a position to help promote football at this level,,, and if someone has anything to say to me they can find at Roncalli High School Saturday night.
Good Luck to all teams playing tomorrow may the Steelers have a safe trip down to us and everyone else PLEASE REMEMBER TO HYDRATE YOURSELF the heat is going to be brutal tomorrow you can't drink enough water if you are playing in this.
To Landry and the Wildcats you guys are a class act and a very good team I respect you and your organization.

well said coach. we also had a police officer here in terre haute killed in the line of duty (Brent Long). Hopefully we as the wildcats can put something together to remember him as well.

good luck the rest of the season!

Fan
just sayin

What are the records of these teams? The rankings are always a little skewed at the beginning of seasons, especially if teams start out at 3-0,4-0,5-0, etc. And As far as the Wildcats, I think that if the IFL teams would have reported thier scores and not get thier league deleted from the rankings, then the Wildcats would be a top 15 team Nationally. I mean they took the Generals to the wire. Yes, you can make excuses as to why both teams didnt play better, but it is what it is. A 9 point game, by far the closest game the Generals have had since the 2009 IFL championship. Its a shame that the Wildcats aren't being ranked. It would have been nice to see how hugh they would have claimed. If I was someone in the Wildcats organization, I would contact the BCS, ask if they would consider putting the IFL back in if they submitted each score for each week that has already been played, as well as take it upon themselves to submit scores for the entire league each week so they don't get disqualified for scores not being submitted. Not sure it will work, but it's worth a shot.

I see someone took my advise, as the ISFL is once again in the BCS. Good job. Word of advice - Especially for Wildcats fans/players - take it upon yourself to submit scores for the entire league so that you don't get screwed. Congrats on a top 20 ranking! Indiana representing with 3 top 25 teams!