supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Prediction Thread For 7/30 Games- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW!

Good Morning, SupaNation!

We find ourselves now in the boiling heat of the dog days of summer and well into some outstanding league races around the region. It's becoming clear now which teams are contenders, but this is the time of the year in which we often find big upsets. Let's get to it!

Detroit Diesels @ Noble County Wolfpack

The Pack are clicking on all cylinders already early in the season. The Diesels come to town having piled up wins in a much weaker division. On paper, this should be relatively close- but not with the way the Pack are playing.

Wolfpack 31
Diesels 13

Indiana Cardinals @ Indy Renegades

The Cardinals have been an early surprise- especially with the margin of some early wins. The Renegades have shocked us as well, but for different reasons. The Cards are the easy favorite, even on the road.

Cardinals 28
Renegades 18

Midwest Force @ Michiana Warriors

The Force have looked good early, but certainly have yet to find a rhythm for 4 quarters. The Warriors offense, in particular does not seem ready for prime time even in a league with relatively weak defenses. Even on the road, the Force get it done.

Force 23
Warriors 13

Miami County Blitz @ Delaware County Revolution

These are two fairly different teams in a league made up of quite a few similar teams. The Blitz bring a fair among out experience with them, but less depth overall. The Revolution have more questions than answers in spite of some early success. The Blitz pull of the small upset on the road.

Blitz 20
Revolution 13

Allen County Dark Knights @ Mad River Stallions

It's hard to know what kind of team the Stallions will be this season- but early returns suggest that they're unlikely to meet expectations. The Knights hoped to find refuge in the smaller market CRFL after some horrific beatings of the past few years, but it's not been as they had hoped. The Stallions should be good enough at home to get it done.

Stallions 25
Dark Knights 9

Miami County Vipers @ Ohio Crush

Like the Indianapolis area, this region could have 2-3 truly dominant football teams at several levels, but politics and personal rivalries (and some legitimate travel and financial considerations) have left us with 6-8 teams fighting for a shrinking pool of talent. Together, these teams would be competitive, but individually, they have a lot of holes. The Crush have played better defense thus far, so they get the nod at home.

Crush 25
Vipers 18

West Central Wildcats @ Kosciusco County Mustangs

It's a real shame that we'll not get to see the Wolfpack and the Wildcats face of this season- each of these teams appears to be a run-away favorite to run the table and take its league crown. It's hard to imagine what happened to the Mustangs last week, but one expects that they'll put up a better fight than they did last week. That's about all one can say, the Wildcats in another dominant performance here.

Wildcats 34
Mustangs 9

Elkhart Shamrock @ Indiana Hitmen

Assuming that the Rock are able to play Saturday's game, they'll be spared the vengeance of the surging Hitmen who have improved as much over the past three weeks as any team in the state. As mentioned above, if there were only one team in Michiana, it would be a regional powerhouse. As it is, the Hitmen are the clear favorite in Elkhart County going forward.

Hitmen 24
Shamrock 7

Indiana Cutters @ Wanee Hurricanes

After last week's debacle at the hands of the WCW, the Cutters find just what they need: a trip to the weakest team in the league. The Canes are a shell of their former selves and feature the weakest defense in the league. The Cutters come into town with injuries and hurt pride, but will be more than enough for the hosts.

Cutters 30
Hurricanes 0

Indianapolis Tornados @ ECM Eagles

The Eagles are in the wrong division both geographically and competitively. This will be bloodbath, even at home. Period.

Tornados 47
Eagles 0

Indy Vipers @ Akron Silverhawks

If the Vipers do make the trip, it will be their very best chance for a win in 2011- but the boys from Akron have the same hope. How bad will this pillow fight be? The Visitors give up nearly 40 points a game, and the hosts have NOT SCORED A POINT through 4 games. The long road trip suggests that the hosts will get the W in one of the weakest contests of the 2011 season anywhere in the country.

Silverhawks 12
Vipers 8

Naptown Scorpions @ Pride of Texas

What a trip this will be for the surprising Scorpions. The early success of the Pride and the cross-continental trip for the Scorps will spell doom for the visitors. That's life in the GDFL.

Pride 46
Scorpions 10

Lake County Steelers @ Indiana Generals

The Generals have proven that they can compete in the MSFL and it's clear now that they are the front runner in the league early this season. The Steelers have been relatively resilient early, but a trip to play the Generals is the kind of thing that will break wills. The hosts run away with it after a close first half.

Generals 41
Steelers 10

Midwest Chargers @ Evansville Enforcers

There's no doubt that the Enforcers are better than their record up to this point suggests. The problem is that the GMFL is stacked full of competitive teams. The Chargers have certainly had a better season up to this point and it would be great to see the Enforcers break out with the big upset, but signs point to another tough loss this weekend.

Chargers 28
Enforcers 16

Indiana Mustangs @ Cleveland Saints

The Saints might be winless, but they've played a tough schedule and have not been demolished in any game. The Mustangs have struggled on and off all season. As hard as it is to imagine, they are a significant underdog to the winless hosts. Tough season for the Horse.

Saints 21
Mustangs 12

That's all I've got time for folks. Make sure you go out there and make your mommas proud!

And PLEASE make sure you post scores and LOTS of details. There are hundreds of others tuning in to read all about your game- don't let us down.

Re: Official Prediction Thread For 7/30 Games- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW!

Scorpions @ Chicago cardinals not Texas. Pride was kicked out for fighting

Re: Official Prediction Thread For 7/30 Games- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW!

Revolution 41 blitz 0

Shamrock - 19
Hitmen - 28

Good ballgame between the two teams.

I do hope the Hitmen raised a good substantial amout of money for the Ronald McDonald House. It is a great organization & when my daughter Sierra was sick last year, we stayed at the one in Indianapolis. A applaud you Hitmen for choosing a charitable organization that helps so many families.

Congratulations on your win Hitmen & good luck with the rest of your season. Stay healthy & have fun playing this great game.

Mitchell Frantz
Elkhart Shamrock

Stallions 26
Knights 6

Renegades 17 cardinals 14 game was tied at 7 at the end of regulation 3 overtime later we have a final

We Flew High

Renegades beat Cardinals 17-14 in tripple overtime. in what was by far the best struggle dog fight game I have ever played in and yes I can STILL say I only have lost to the Cardinals once. The game started with the Cardinals having the ball BOTH halves from the cointoss? First time I have ever see that happen. Cardinals punted on first drive, same renegades cardinals scored on 2nd drive on a perfect touch pass from Denard JR #7 to #2 I think. Then back n forth like ali and frazier, calls went both ways in the 4th Renegades had atleast 4 chances to score but only did Once. 7-7 with 1:00 on the clock they punt we return the punt 50 yards by Tommie Griffin with 30 seconds we run to get in got called for holding so at 11 seconds we try a fieldgoal we miss but ruffin the Kicker got a redo but was blocked by the cardinals, tripple OT we hit a fieldgoal cardinals #7 tried to throw but sacked for a huge loss miss their fieldgoal Renegades win. Good Luck Cardinals! This one we had a 41st man " Samuel Tiny Hicks" was above us! Great defensive battle!

Indiana Generals 82
Lake Co. Steelers 0

Vipers 0 @ Crush 30
Cardinals 14 @ Renegades 17
Blitz 0 @ Revolution 41
Knights 6 @ Stallions 26
Force 28 @ Warriors 6
Tornados 15 @ Eagles 12
Saints 0 @ Silverhawks 2
Diesels 14 @ Wolfpack 35
Midwest Charges 33 @ Enforcers 6
Shamrock 19 @ Hitmen 28
Cutters 33 @ Hurricanes 14
Steelers 0 @ Generals 82

Still missing...
IN Mustangs @ Cleveland Saints
Scorpions @ Chicago cardinals
Wildcats @ KC Mustangs

Wildcats 44-17 Mustangs.

#85 and #22 made some real nice grabs for the Stangs and the QB really kept our D on our toes.

Re: We Flew High

just wanna say I was at the renegade, and cardinals game and no sir the there were not calls going both ways in the 4th, now before the 4th the refs did a great job, but in the 4th they did not, and it was a great fought game until OT, but yall won by a field goal, after out de sacked the qb for a 20 yard loss, but they called roughing the passer cause he talked the qb to hard really thought this was football so that gives yall 1st and goal on the 10 instead of 4th and goal at the 35. then when we blocked a kick we on our way on the field then the ref called roughin the kicker and gave it to you again. I am not goin to say yall didnt play a tough hard game cause you did, but seriously the calls in ot all went for you guys. 4+ flags from the same ref that rt before OT told our players and coaching to STFU and play ball, really. So imma give yall props on a hard faught game, but really the officiating in that ot was terrible. but a loss is a loss. but i had to set it straight the officiating went ur way, oh and lets not forget with 10 seconds left yall man went offsides and instead of a 10 sec runoff, yall added 3 more seconds to be 13 secs left in regulation, good thing yall missed the fieldgoal. but like i said im not taking nothin from your team, cause if the cardinals woulda scored more it wouldnt hve gave the refs or should i say REF to opp to do what he did in OT numerous times. so it was still a hard fought game, no dirty plays by either team.

Bourbon, IN - The Force continued their early season success this weekend by defeating the Michiana Warriors. The Force offense had early success but had their first couple drives stall because of mental miscues. The D held their own by shutting out the Warriors offense the entire game, their only TD coming on a kickoff return before the half. All Force TD's were spread out through the air, 1 to Wilfong, 1 to Chambers, and 2 to Williams.

Hope all Warriors heal up and keep your heads up the season is young!

Tyler Peckham
Force President

With all the talk of poor officiating, I would like to say that the crew who worked the Force/Warriors game Saturday was the best crew I've played for.

To the Warriors: Great game to all of you. You guys played hard until the final buzzer, which is something I can respect. Some teams would have rolled over and given up. Keep your heads up, you've got the talent and grit to turn your season around. Good luck the rest of the year!

Chad Walters
Force VP

Footballfanatic
Scorpions @ Chicago cardinals not Texas. Pride was kicked out for fighting

I think the final was...

Scorpions 2
Cardinals 38

Cutters-33,Hurricanes-14. 'Canes went into halftime up 14-13. AND,if it weren't for the fact that the 'Canes played the majority of the game with just 14 players I do believe that they would've come away with the 'W' The Hurricanes came to play. Guess you missed the boat on this one Supa'

I hear ya Cam, it's done now. Plus he is hiding his identity (Hahaha) probably for a reason...

People the fact is the Cardinals lost. Stop #7 from running #6 on sweeps and dives and The Deep Ball if you have good DB's you'll stop the cardinals. They threw 3 or 4 INT's One 80 yard return called back, The other our LB scored it was called back for a block in the back whats that 21-7 before the OT listen ya'll simply got beat don't be mad yall didn't fool the Renegades I can tell you that Clearly the same weak cardinals that beat so so and sorry teams. You have been weighed you have been measured and found not worthy! Thank you come again!