supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
8-6-11 This Weekend in Indiana Semi Pro Football

Welcome AUGUST! National Football Month - ok I made that up, but it should be. Football starts everywhere, Pee Wee, High School, College, Pro. Everyone gets football fever and at this level, its make or break time for all the teams.

GDFL:
GAME OF THE WEEK
Derby County Thunder @ Tornados:
Well what can we say, finally its time for the Tornados to back up their talk. One team will stay undefeated, one will not.

Scorpions @ Rampage:

IFL:
KC Mustangs @ Shamrock:
The game with the best potential in the IFL for an upset. Lets just hope the shamrock have their field situation under control.

Hitmen @ Cutters:
A long trip to B-town, and a longer trip home, I am afraid.

Hurricanes @ Wildcats:

MSFL:
Generals @ Mid State Steel:

Steelers @ Threat:

CRFL:
Stallions @ Renegades:
Why so the renegades get the game of the week each and every week? they won / lost three games by three points or less. So deserved again this week? Up to the Stallions to prove that point.

Knights @ Raiders:
A good chance for either team to break their loosing streak.

Revolution @ Crush:

Warriors @ Blitz:

Vipers @ Cardinals:

eMCFL:
Toledo Raiders @ IN Mustangs:
Possible the biggest let down team of the year, I sure hope not.

GLFL:
Stealth @ Wolfpack:
A strong fight for the Wolfpack this week

GMFL:
River City Raptors @ Enforcers:
Win and hope at this point. Wins must come first.

Supa Fan's Request
Akron Jagz @ Lima Warriors

That's this weekend in Indiana Semi Pro Football. Now do your part and go vote for who you think will win each matchup. How you all nail 78% correct each week is beyond belief.

GO Vote at the Fan Vote Page

Re: 8-6-11 This Weekend in Indiana Semi Pro Football

Hitmen vs Cutters......Hmmmmmm, does anyone even remember what the game was like when they played the first time, I believe, 12-9, Cutters!!!! Why is everyone giving the assumption of a "W" to the Cutters, already....Not taking anything from the Cutters, but they aren't as dominant as what the IFL or players say about them, with that being said, come Saturday, it will be a definite blockbuster game but different outcome...If anyone watched the game from afar, they weren't as overbearing either.....

Capital City Stealth @ Noble County Wolfpack
West Noble High School 7 pm

Y is it that you are the only one that posted anything about an easy or automatic W for the Cutters? Truth is the game was a good one and it was only the second game of the yr for both team but truly only the second game for the Cutters since they dont play preseason games. The game was 12-9, the Cutters had 5, count em, 5 turnovers, the Hitmen had the ball inside the 5yrd line and only came away with 3....the only time during the game that the Cutters moved the ball down the field and actually kept the ball they scored on O....and lets not forget that #42 really had 2picks but only got credit for one which he took to the house. These are just facts. The Hitmen have players promising that they are going to win on facebook and now you on here, which is all fine. You should expect to win, however I dont understand why the Cutters are the bad guys simply because they go about their business and dont say anything on here or on other social networks, but they have fans that believe in them so that makes them bad!!!! Did you guys forget that they just got the ish kicked out of them at the Wildcats place? I saw that game too and to be honest I could say they cutters did more to lose that game then the wildcats did to win it, but no, we take our lumps as a team and as fans, say congrats to the other team and move on.....This sat will show who has the better team since the game is played on the field, but if the hitmen lose again, im sure it will be because they didnt travel well to bloomington, GO FIGURE.....

what was the score of the wildcats/cutters game?

Wildcats 49 Cutters 0.... Whats is the deal with the IFL?? Shamrock are out of the picture and now the Hurricanes might as well be, they forfited their game vs the Wildcats and dont show much life the rest of the season or playoffs... Good luck to the Cutters, Hitmen, and Mustangs the rest of the season. I wish the best of luck and good health to the teams that make this league fun and show up to play football and have a good time doing it. we are down to 4....4 TEAMS... C'mon

Carroll#26
Wildcats 49 Cutters 0.... Whats is the deal with the IFL?? Shamrock are out of the picture and now the Hurricanes might as well be, they forfited their game vs the Wildcats and dont show much life the rest of the season or playoffs... Good luck to the Cutters, Hitmen, and Mustangs the rest of the season. I wish the best of luck and good health to the teams that make this league fun and show up to play football and have a good time doing it. we are down to 4....4 TEAMS... C'mon

These 4 quality teams should apply to the MSFL next year. They would join the Generals and the Steelers in an Indiana division and make for little travel, but still have 20+ good teams to play.

As much as I'd hate to see the IFL die, I think you might be on to something here. Although I kinda think the Wildcats would fit nicely into the EMCFL if they can handle the extra travel.

Andrew H
As much as I'd hate to see the IFL die, I think you might be on to something here. Although I kinda think the Wildcats would fit nicely into the EMCFL if they can handle the extra travel.

I agree, except the EMCFL is getting bad reviews. Take Racine Raiders for instance. They had back-to-back teams forfiet on them. WTF! We are here to play the game, not take a 2-0 win. The MSFL is ran better, requires more from there teams - which brings the standard of football to a higher level. And if you throw in the less travel - it's a no-brainer. As well as if you could get the Cutters, Wildcats, Mustangs, and Hitmen in.....add the Generals and Steelers in, that would be one hell of a division. and then you would only have 2-3 road games out of Indiana. I would love to see this happen. Not too mention the other quality teams - Chicago Thunder (5 time Champs) Roscoe Rush (2010 National Champion Runner-up), Indiana Generals (31-1 since 2009). If you add the other teams that are showing interest in the MSFL - you would have about 26 GOOD teams in the league. Would make for an exciting year!

INSPF

GDFL:
GAME OF THE WEEK
Derby County Thunder @ Tornados:
Well what can we say, finally its time for the Tornados to back up their talk. One team will stay undefeated, one will not.
[/url]

Back up what talk? We play football - this message board is all talk...

i believe that the last 4 remaining teams would fir in great in the CRFL. They are familar with most teams in league and most teams in league have been in ifl and vice versa! Also location is perfect fit for the teams . Jusy my opinion. Hate seeing the IFL struggeling like this played in the league for 4 years with the Wranglers and even thou we were a great team i realy injoyed playing ever year!

HENSLEY77
i believe that the last 4 remaining teams would fir in great in the CRFL. They are familar with most teams in league and most teams in league have been in ifl and vice versa! Also location is perfect fit for the teams . Jusy my opinion. Hate seeing the IFL struggeling like this played in the league for 4 years with the Wranglers and even thou we were a great team i realy injoyed playing ever year!

MSFL is way more competitive than the CRFL. IMO.

Lol I meant to say even thou we werent a great team. We didnt win alot but we had our fun in the IFL! U maybe right Indiana fan i am not that familiar with the MSFL. I was just thinking about how ,back when the IFL was formed it was a small market friendly league and i believe thats alot of the same ideas that the CRFL is going for. Teams like the Hitmen and Mustangs and Cutters would do well in the league. Wildcats seem like they are a step above the CRFL teams and could probley play in a bigger league right now!

dont know how the wildcats are a step ahead of the CRFL TEAMS, if they didnt play any of them, just because they are running thru the IFL ranks dont mean they will run thru other ranks as the CRFL, or MSFL, prove it in more than a year and a half. like the generals been doing it for years, winning ships, and what not so they moved up and are doing a great job, wildcats earn and put more than a year or two under they belts before they say they need to leave a league, or they can run thru other leagues please. I mean not goin to take nothing from them they are a great team, but didnt they lose to the generals big in the preseason, UM YEA THAT COUNTS, adn they are playing in a depleted league, 3-4 yrs ago with the broncos, crush, old mustangs, wranglers, and old shamrocks it wouldnt have been that easy, but alot of players have moved on to diff and stronger leagues, or retired they cleats, so to say the wildcats are all that because they are running thru the IFL isnt really proof, but if they do move to another league and they put it on someone, or get a big team our of another league in preseason and do soemthing with them then maybe but until then just be happy ur doing your thing in your league adn stop bitting what you cnt chew talkin bout other leagues until you honestly proven yourselves

Last seasons wildcats were very good. But they have added at least ten new starters to that team and way more depth. Preseason was not a big win, 20-11 our closest game yet. They are best team we have seen this season...so far. No team in the IFL will come within 28 of them rest of the year. Hope they get post season invite somewhere, they deserve it. Hope to have them in MSFL next season.

Just to clear up any confusion, these post on here about the Wildcats saying this or that about other teams, are not from anyone affiliated with our team. Would we like to play the Generals again? Absolutely, we want to play the best, we want to be mentioned in the same conversation with the Generals. You can't be the best, unless you beat the best.

I do appreciate the props from "generals" on here, continued success to you guys.

Cam85: The Wildcats are 26-7 in the last "3" years. Each year we've improved tradmendously as a team and as a organization. A lot of that has to be with the Community that has accepted us and the talent pool we have in Terre Haute and surrounding areas... Also the 5 great coaches that have been dedicated to this team.

MSFL would be a tough season and the Generals already beat us... CRFL I dunno. I don't really want to get all technical

One more thing... we've never been on here pumping our chest... not once. We don't mind letting other people do it for us!

well ill be a man and apologize for me not knowing everything. I just hear people saying things, and i went from the ifl to the MSFL and the talent is alot better, not goin to say yall would bomb, but everyone are trying to say cause the generals came up there and did what they did that you will to, its not a cake walk best belive that, MSFL is forreal.

Cam85: Thanks, but no need to apologize. I just don't want people to get the wrong impression of the Wildcats.

Good luck the rest of your season!

cam85
dont know how the wildcats are a step ahead of the CRFL TEAMS, if they didnt play any of them, just because they are running thru the IFL ranks dont mean they will run thru other ranks as the CRFL, or MSFL, prove it in more than a year and a half. like the generals been doing it for years, winning ships, and what not so they moved up and are doing a great job, wildcats earn and put more than a year or two under they belts before they say they need to leave a league, or they can run thru other leagues please. I mean not goin to take nothing from them they are a great team, but didnt they lose to the generals big in the preseason, UM YEA THAT COUNTS, adn they are playing in a depleted league, 3-4 yrs ago with the broncos, crush, old mustangs, wranglers, and old shamrocks it wouldnt have been that easy, but alot of players have moved on to diff and stronger leagues, or retired they cleats, so to say the wildcats are all that because they are running thru the IFL isnt really proof, but if they do move to another league and they put it on someone, or get a big team our of another league in preseason and do soemthing with them then maybe but until then just be happy ur doing your thing in your league adn stop bitting what you cnt chew talkin bout other leagues until you honestly proven yourselves

I played in the IFL for 4 years, against some great teams, and watched the close game against Generals-Wildcats this year. If the Wildcats went to the CRFL with the talent they currently have, they would win every game by 30+. What fun would that be? I also have a year in the MSFL under my belt. They would fit right in. I could see the Wildcats going 7-1 in the MSFL- but Margin of Victory being about 6.5 a game instead of 30. Wildcats get with the Generals, Cutters, Hitmen, and Mustangs and form your own league within the MSFL. I would pay money to see that happen!