supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do you get a chance to win a national championship?

just curious

Re: How do you get a chance to win a national championship?

ask the lima warriors they know

I believe you got to go undefeated even thru preseason, put up good numbers on offense, and defense, and then get a invite. THANKS WHAT I THINK I could be wrong.

this site has the info.

http://www.nationalbowlweekend.com/index.html

It depends....

There are several national agencies that put on "national championship" games. It does depend on your teams record and history as well as the reputation of the league you play in. In the end, it is still up to the sactioning body. Case in point, we lost 3 games last year and still got an invite to play in Homestead. Just have to hope that the national agenices see your team and pick you.

JOIN THE GDFL AND PLAY AGAINST THE BEST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY END OF STORY!!!!

gridiron4life

Apparently all other teams other than those in the GDFL suck and are not worthy of anything. And you wonder why people don't like you gridiron4life? And you wonder why people don't like the GDFL. Your posts do nothing to help either image. And I know you are going to post something on here like: "I don't care what people think, blah, blah, blah." But you should care what people think about your league at least, or are you that self-centered? How about trying to bring a positive image, instead of being of p.o.s. and posting b.s. that rubs 95% of people the wrong way. But you probably don't care about that either. And people wonder why semi-pro football has a bad name??? Look in the mirror.

Noodles
gridiron4life

Apparently all other teams other than those in the GDFL suck and are not worthy of anything. And you wonder why people don't like you gridiron4life? And you wonder why people don't like the GDFL. Your posts do nothing to help either image. And I know you are going to post something on here like: "I don't care what people think, blah, blah, blah." But you should care what people think about your league at least, or are you that self-centered? How about trying to bring a positive image, instead of being of p.o.s. and posting b.s. that rubs 95% of people the wrong way. But you probably don't care about that either. And people wonder why semi-pro football has a bad name??? Look in the mirror.
SO YOUR PROBABLY MAD AT ATT BECAUSE THEY RUN COMMERCIALS THAT SAY THEY HAVE THE BEST PHONE SERVICE TO RIGHT!!!!LOL FIRST OFF THE GDFL IS NOT THE ONE WHO PUTS OUT A NEGATIVE IMAGE. WE SPEAK ABOUT OUR LEAGUE IN OUR LEAGUE A LONG IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT FEEL THE ND TO PLACE A NEGATIVE REPLY TO EVERY POST WE PUT OUT THERE GO DO YOUR RESEARCH GO CHECK OUR POST ON THIS BOARD AND YOU WILL CLEARLY SEE.WE PUT OUT INFO ABOUT WHAT GOES ON IN OUR LEAGUE.WE DON'T EVEN MENTION OTHER LEAGUES IN OUR POST UNLESS THEY HAVE PLAYED US ON THE FIELD.SO WITH THAT BEING SD WE WILL CONTINUE TO MARKET THE GDFL AS THE ABSOLUTE BEST LEAGUE IN THE COUNTRY!!! BY THE WAY NOODLESS WHERE DID YOU GET 95% FROM NOOODLES, JUST AN FYI WE HAVE MORE THAN 50 TEAMS THAT HAVE APPLIED FOR 2012 ON TOP OF WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE SO YOUR PERCENTAGES CAN'T BE CORRECT!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND WHATEVER LEAGUE YOU REPRESENT!!!!

I agree with Lima and gridiron4life...

One, win your league and beat good opponents in the preseason or inter-league games on your bye weeks or off weeks... Get invited to Homestead and play a "National Championship" game... Thats most likely a AA championship... we did that with the Hoosier Hurricanes in '05 in the OVFL... we beat a good Hardin Co. Wolverine team and the Charlotte (MI) Roughrider's to play in Homestead (FL)...

Two, win your league and finish at the top of the Semi-Pro BCS polls... Get invited to the BCS bowl game... Once again, you'll be a "National Champion" of some sorts.. kinda like the Rocket City Titans (Huntville, AL) did last year...

Three , well let's just say... the Win or go home way... The GDFL has the most legitimate playoff syatem in Minor League football... 90 teams, 32 spots... No matter what your record is, everyone starts the playoff season 0-0... The last man standing, is not only the National Champion, but the best minor league football team in the nation... (with the only valid argument coming from them teams in California)... real talk.

In Conclusion, it all depends on if you want to wear a ring that really means what it says... National Champion... National Champion... National Champion...

gridiron4life
Noodles
gridiron4life

SO YOUR PROBABLY MAD AT ATT BECAUSE THEY RUN COMMERCIALS THAT SAY THEY HAVE THE BEST PHONE SERVICE TO RIGHT!!!!LOL FIRST OFF THE GDFL IS NOT THE ONE WHO PUTS OUT A NEGATIVE IMAGE. WE SPEAK ABOUT OUR LEAGUE IN OUR LEAGUE A LONG IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT FEEL THE ND TO PLACE A NEGATIVE REPLY TO EVERY POST WE PUT OUT THERE GO DO YOUR RESEARCH GO CHECK OUR POST ON THIS BOARD AND YOU WILL CLEARLY SEE.WE PUT OUT INFO ABOUT WHAT GOES ON IN OUR LEAGUE.WE DON'T EVEN MENTION OTHER LEAGUES IN OUR POST UNLESS THEY HAVE PLAYED US ON THE FIELD.SO WITH THAT BEING SD WE WILL CONTINUE TO MARKET THE GDFL AS THE ABSOLUTE BEST LEAGUE IN THE COUNTRY!!! BY THE WAY NOODLESS WHERE DID YOU GET 95% FROM NOOODLES, JUST AN FYI WE HAVE MORE THAN 50 TEAMS THAT HAVE APPLIED FOR 2012 ON TOP OF WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE SO YOUR PERCENTAGES CAN'T BE CORRECT!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND WHATEVER LEAGUE YOU REPRESENT!!!!

As for Noodles, I call bullshit!!! Indiana teams have been traditionally afraid to join "Large-National" leagues any way... even when we played in the NAFL, who by the way, did not market their league in this website, there were only the Tornados, and one other outfit (in which has morphed into the other outfits for the last 4 years...) to give us one division mate. So, I'm assuming Noodles is from a team that is still a regional league and most likely a "bottomfeeder" in Indiana... Don't get on the thread and talk about something that you can't back up... The #1 team in Indiana is regional / recreational... please, yal (Indiana semi-pro cats) kill me...

Triggs is correct. You typically have to win your league or at least be a highly respectable second. (Example, I played on one team that won the Chicagoland football league, but the Panthers of that same year were 12-2 so thjey also got a bid)

The invite usually comes as you start to make noise in your league, hitting your 8-3, 9-2 or higher mark, and beating respectable teams.

Then after that, you start playing the best of the best from the entire USA, and its no joke, you play the best.

Jim Nugent and Cheri Kardas( get well soon, Cheri ) have much to do with the invites but others are involved also.

And Triggs, I agree with 99% of everything you say about the most indiana teams and tournaments, But Ive been on one Indiana team that earned it, got invited & went - the '03 Southbend Stampede - and I think the (gees, am I really going to say this date?) '95 River City Rhino's got a bid, but not sure.

That Hurricanes team was some bad mother lovers!

Hendricks