supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something needs to happen

I am a huge football fan, and since I can not afford to go to NFL games every weekend, I have went to semi pro games every weekend. I heard about this website about 2 years ago, and visit daily. This is my first post and hope it's my last.

I believe it is time for us, the fans, to put some pressure on some teams and give the fans what they want. People are always wanting to talk about who is the best team in Indiana. In my eyes there are 4 dominant teams in the state- Generals, Tornados, wildcats, and Wolfpack. I have seen all 4 play and all are far ahead of every other team. With all of them in different leagues it's hard to measure exactly who is the best. I hate hearing the players of each team talk about them being the best, so football fans let's put some pressure on the owners and coaches to make something happen, and give the fans what they want!!!

4 team tournament or round robin between the teams. A main reason I think this is very possible is all 4 teams are not only very talented, but have class and would be respectful without games becoming dirty. Fans, let's make this happen! I want to see some top notch games after the season!!!!

Re: Something needs to happen

Well, men...

I think we have been respectfully called to the carpet- and I for one agree!!

I believe we could even get sponsors and local media attention for such an event.

Have all games at one venue.
Ballots to determine who plays who in round one.

The first Saturday of the tourney, 1st game at 1pm, second game at 5.

The next saturday, the loosing teams play again at 1pm, the winners play for the championship at 5pm.

You will have a 1,2,3,4th place finish, legitimately.

I am going to make some contacts to see what we can do..

Vince

I really did LOL when I seen this. Who the hell are you guys. Do you think any of these four teams care about making you guys happy. Also what makes you think these are the best four teams in the state. You have the Renegades and Cards too. The Tornados gave everything they had and came up short. Im proud of what they did. The Wildcats and Cutters are about to battle for the IFL title. What if the Cutters win, do you drop the Wildcats and add the Cutters? The Generals could play for another month before their season is over. Do you think teams are going to wait around for them.
How many players and coaches have jobs and family that have them tied up now. And you want them to put their job and family on hold longer to mae you guys happy? Get out of here man.

Where are the games being played at?
Who is paying for the field?
Who get the gate money?
These are just a few of the many questions that will be asked and every team will fight over.

Spytext, Vince is has forgot more about IN semi pro football than you even know. I feel honored that he even agrees with me and I love that he is on board, even willing to make something happen. Not gonna knock you or the teams you listed. Just feel that the four listed are heads and shoulders above the rest. Vince, glad you like the idea!

the renegades feel they should be included in the top 4

LMAO

the top 4 teams havn't had a game called due to fighting
the top 4 teams don't show up to others team's games to start shit.
the top 4 teams don't get on this board and demand they be included in the top 4 teams

quit thinking your the shit cuz you aint

the cards were mentioned in that post too. so how do you know it was a renegade post that? and the renegades haven't had any regular season game issues. and fyi the preseason game that was stopped early was vs the generals. it takes 2 to tango my friend, so yeah the top 4 have had a game called for fighting if the rengades have.

Vince and Fan, I think these games would be a great idea and would love to be a spectator at them.

Renegades 6-2 5 straight W's and 3 points seperate us from a perfect season period. While I agree that we have a bit more winning to do to be included in those talks, what we have done so far isn't shabby. We are not satisfied and we DO NOT GURANTEE we will win the Championship. We understand its what we want but execution wins games not anybodies mouth. Truth is we lost to both The Generals and Tornados in Preseason so our matchup has been played and yes they beat us period. So the correct teams are being spoken of at this moment. Thank Ya'll for taking the time out of your day to speak about the Renegades we love it!

Any time you are dealing with rankings, there are always going to be people that feel like they belong in the conversation, shoot, look at the NCAA and their version of the BCS standings, every year there are complaints that somebody got left out.

Everybody on this post has made some valid points, but I think the one thing that will stop it from happening are the different season ending dates for the different leagues.

I know people have said it before, but I would definitely like to see the top 8, 10, or 12 teams in Indiana in the same league, THEN we could put the debate to rest.

FOOTBALL FREAK
Any time you are dealing with rankings, there are always going to be people that feel like they belong in the conversation, shoot, look at the NCAA and their version of the BCS standings, every year there are complaints that somebody got left out.

Everybody on this post has made some valid points, but I think the one thing that will stop it from happening are the different season ending dates for the different leagues.

I know people have said it before, but I would definitely like to see the top 8, 10, or 12 teams in Indiana in the same league, THEN we could put the debate to rest.

I'd say so with the Force in the 30's I'd say they are the Boise of SemiPro lol

Thank you sir, ( real ispfb fan) for the kind words, and Ill gladly state who I am to the spytext gentleman. ...

I make no secret my love for the game of semi pro football and have been around it for a little while.

My goal as I come here is to promote the game, players, coaches and everyrhing about the sport to my highest possible ability.

Whenever a fan or player politely requests some information, changes, breakdowns or anything involving semi pro football, I, along with the other gentleman I know that also have the games' best interests in hand will try to do whatever it is (within reason) to oblige.

This particular request has come across my eyes several times recently, but primaily a larger cry for it now that we have some teams in leagues that dont cross, all with very stout winning records in the state.

Now - As far as which teams would be included-want to go in the tourney, gate money recipients, location, etc., I don't think that merely minutes after such a large idea is in the fetal stages, anyone would dare to say they know all the answers, and to see if this is indeed even possible yet.

However, the idea may not suit yours or others taste. If not, you or anyone else who feels like will have the same rights - you wont be required to attend it.

But again, this is too early to be promoting or debuncting such an idea.

I CAN assure you that if I DO have a hand in it, I will do my best to make sure it is of the highest quality possible.

I also want to add that although you ( all eyes reading this) may know may name here, please understand that a mere 5% of what you see is all me. The other important 95% comes from the wife, friends, co-workers, other players and countless others that work for the same goal, to promote this great game and all thats within it.

All I do is write it.

Vince

Will never ever happen. It has been a long season. June 11th- Sept. 17th

I'm drained.

Hi Vince!

I totally agree with Vince! What an opportunity for some great football! Think big if you really do plan this event. This would be great for this level of football!!!

Landry #2
Will never ever happen. It has been a long season. June 11th- Sept. 17th

I'm drained.

Hi Vince!

Of course the wildcats wouldn't want to participate. Easy way out... Oh were drained. Kind of a pathetic way out of playing some good teams. Perfect season in the IFL and just let the season be finished! Guess some are satisfied with beating up on average teams but won't step to the plate when called to. And as far as being drained. How many games have you played? Trust me people have respect for you an I along with many others hope you finish strong today, but don't use a lame excuse to get out of something that could be huge for Indiana. But like I said maybe you are wanting to keep this season undefeated and are afraid to play 3 tough teams, in which your perfect season may be jeapordized.

I said I was drained. Didn't say my team was drained, though we've had more injuries this season than the last 2 years combined.

Also, we already lost to the Generals this year in a preseason game. So, your last comment isn't valid.

You know what is pathetic is you hiding behind "HaHa"

Landry, no need to respond to those people. Let them talk, they always will! But maybe something can be set up someday though, it'd be fun! Regardless, best of luck tonight!!