supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Prediction Thread for 9/17 Games. POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE-- NOT BELOW

Good Morning, SupaNation.

Somehow we find ourselves again with Autumn upon us. A great summer of football is almost in the books and after ten years of online prognostication, I can honestly say that some of the best games in memory were played in 2011. It's been great to see a couple of outstanding organizations thrive- to see scrappy, tough luck teams stick together, and of course to see classic match ups that will live in our memories forever. But there are still champions to be crowned, so let's get to it!

Indiana Cutters @ West Central Wildcats

In a year around the region that most of us will remember for being remarkable in terms of parity and balance, the WCW have been the dominant favorite in the IFL since Memorial Day. Like the Generals of 2010, they've been a team very much on a mission who have not been satisfied with their dominating performances week-in and week out. The WCW are not just a great football team, but a very very good organization and that's why they've had such a great season. The Cutters' story in 2011 is a great one. They've overcome a number of injuries and mid-season hiccups to emerge undefeated against everyone but the Wildcats. The Cutters have a solid organization and very good football team- one good enough to win the CRFL going away. But they're in the IFL and they'll have to face the WCW. Again. Much has been said about the difficulty of beating the same team three times in one season, and for the most part that is valid. The problem for the Generals is that each time they've faced a team better than the last- and this week will be no different. A great season for two quality programs who were truly the class of the IFL in every way. One organization is just a lot better on the field. The John Bushman Trophy will be in good hands until next year with the WCW.

Wildcats 34
Cutters 10

Mad River Stallions @ Midwest Force

The conventional wisdom since at least week two is that the CRFL title was the Force's title to lose. Statistics can give a few different impressions. Until one takes into account strength of schedule, the Stallions actually look better. In both points scored and allowed, they look like a very tough team. The Force have sleepwalked through much of the season and have yet to hit their stride. That may finally happen this weekend when a more experienced home team takes it to a very good Stallions squad.

Force 25
Stallions 18

Miami County Blitz @ Miami County Vipers

The bottom has fallen out of the Blitz in 2011 and after nearly 10 years of mediocre to successful teams (Anyone remember the Express?), Brian Raber has hit a wall. The very worst offense in the league travels to the very worst defense. While the Vipers aren't likely to have another week of football, they'll make the most of this one.

Vipers 30
Blitz 6

Allen County Dark Knights @ Michiana Warriors

The Dark Knights franchise has had a very very tough go of things since its birth several years ago, and this year is no exception. It's great that they've continued to press on and work hard to get better each week, but it's clear that they're in way over their heads and that bringing up the rear of the CRFL is not where any team wants to be. The Warrior juggernaut certainly hit a bump in the road last week and left many of us wondering which team had been playing the for the last month. At home and against the hapless, Knights, they'll look plenty good.

Warriors 38
Knights 15

Indy Renegades @ Delaware County Revolution

It's certainly been the tale of two season for the Revo. Out of the gate, they looked very promising and it's clear that they've got some big play abilities, but the team has really fallen off a cliff since the beginning of August. The Renegades, on the other hand have found a way to move consistently in the other direction. This week will not be much of a challenge for the defending champs, and if they can get together a defense in the next few weeks, they might just shock the world.

Renegades 38
Revolution 12

Tri County Raiders @ Ohio Crush

There have been fewer big head-scratchers in 2011 than week one's Raider upset of the defending champion Renegades. Since then, the Raiders have looked more or less like the undermanned squad most of us expected. The Crush on the other hand have find ways to win the games we expect and get crushed by the elites of the league- a truly middle of the pack team in every respect. The winder of this game is not likely to move on next week, but there is always honor in playing tough. In this measure as well as on the scoreboard, the hosts will be triumphant.

Crush 26
Raiders 6

Union City Indians @ Centerville Bulldogs

The Indian juggernaut continues to roll and expectations on the border grow by the day. Indiana's easternmost High School has a legitimate shot to win its conference after decades of hopelessness. But this week the team heads to Centerville to take on another team with the TEC crown in its sights. In a funny way, Beef's biggest job has been to teach his team how to deal with success since they've never had it before. They've not played from behind all season and though they're the better team, they'll lose on the road this week. Better now than in October and this loss will pay dividends in the long run.

Bulldogs 18
Indians 12

Go forth and be awesome. Lots of us want to know how your games went, so don't neglect to share the details. Play great football, make great memories, and be sure always to make your mommas proud!

Re: Official Prediction Thread for 9/17 Games. POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE-- NOT BELOW

Force shut out Stallions 17-0 in our second annual charity game. 3 or 4 turnovers by the Stallions tarnished the silver bullets. Good luck and we hope to see you guys in a few weeks

Re: Official Prediction Thread for 9/17 Games. POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE-- NOT BELOW

Knights @ Warriors cancelled due to no refs?? thats what ive gathered...PLEASE correct me if I am wrong.

Renefades 27 Revolution 21 different Rev team than we expected but overall other than flag happy refs good clean game, Good Luck!

I just want to say that the Renegades came down played a clean game and if you were there you got to watch a dog fight to the end. The Renegades took the lead with just over 1 min. left in the 4th quarter on a Revolution fumble. Final Score was Revolution 22 Renegades 27.

22 Vipers - 20 Blitz - (Vipers have secured the last playoff spot in the Ohio conference)
17 Force - 0 Stallions (Force have secured home field advantage for the playoffs)
27 Renegades - 22 Revolution
16 Crush - 0 Raiders
Knights @ Warriors game postponed due to no refs.

I want to apologize to the warriors and knights. not having refs schedule for a game is unacceptable. Especially when this has now happened 3 times. When I checked with the head of refs, he said all the games were covered. I promise this won't happen again, as I will be verifying directly with each crew chief that each game is covered the rest of the season.

41-14 WCW 3min to go IFL CHAMP GAME

johnjackson
22 Vipers - 20 Blitz - (Vipers have secured the last playoff spot in the Ohio conference)
17 Force - 0 Stallions (Force have secured home field advantage for the playoffs)
16 Crush - 0 Raiders

With a win by the Stallions next week over the Crush, Crush & Vipers will be 5-5, but Vipers will have better road record. This means Vipers will get #3 seed and Crush #4.

If the Crush defeat the Stallions, Stallions will fall to #3 seed as Crush would finish with better overall record.

Lots can still happen! One more week to go!

Great job WCW the long wait has paid off,

I was at the Gades game, real good game. I can honestly say its been a while since seeing as many flags on both teams. Refs were easily keeping control of the game either way. Champions shine in moments of adversity. It seemed as if the Gades were missing aot of players, and still got the "W", from behind. It should be a great rematch in the playoffs, especially with a full gades crew. Rev 78 was killin the run game but 4 for the Gades and 87 WR stepped up big.

Jeremy Bell Renegade 14
Great job WCW the long wait has paid off,

Thanks! Feels great to finally get it!

Landry2 we had some battles with the pirates when I played QB and Corner for them. Yall were always some cool fellas I'm sure alot of people are glad for ya'll, Im still searchin for my first, Congrats!

Crossroads Guy
johnjackson
16 Crush - 0 Raiders

With a win by the Stallions next week over the Crush, Crush & Vipers will be 5-5, but Vipers will have better road record. This means Vipers will get #3 seed and Crush #4.

If the Crush defeat the Stallions, Stallions will fall to #3 seed as Crush would finish with better overall record.

Lots can still happen! One more week to go!

The Vipers are 4-6 with no remaining games so wouldnt they will be the last seed no matter what?

Jeremy Bell you played special teams real good today, thought you were a starter with all that shit you talk. Na but for real you were a great cheerleader out there today. lol

No problem, I accept my role on my team. As you can tell Bowman is a better QB and is a general out there. I have started numerous positions at different times and I feel my play is justified. Sometimes it's not always about you it's whats best for the team, today I did not start. So hell yea Imll be gettin crunk on the sidelines yellin out plays and helping anyway I can. Thanks for your comments though, Renegades 7-2 and I am proud to be part of it,

Jeremy Bell Renegade 14
No problem, I accept my role on my team. As you can tell Bowman is a better QB and is a general out there. I have started numerous positions at different times and I feel my play is justified. Sometimes it's not always about you it's whats best for the team, today I did not start. So hell yea Imll be gettin crunk on the sidelines yellin out plays and helping anyway I can. Thanks for your comments though, Renegades 7-2 and I am proud to be part of it,

Man real talk thats a true team player. Do your part to help the team. shit i mostly play special teams i was suppose to start my first game at outside backer yesterday but we didnt play. has fo that guy saying you talk trash man i just gotta give you props most of your post just speak your mind not shit talking and unlike most people pn this page you are real and let people know exactly who you are. Look forward to seeing you and the renegades on the field Saturday for a good clean had hitting game.

Appriciate that 81. We are hoping for another good game as well, have a safe trip.

UC 20 Centerviile 26
Great game
Indians now 4-1 first time since 1973
This in Maloys 4th season as head coach
Now we go get the MILK CAN from the Falcons.

Jeremy Bell Renegade 14
Landry2 we had some battles with the pirates when I played QB and Corner for them. Yall were always some cool fellas I'm sure alot of people are glad for ya'll, Im still searchin for my first, Congrats!

Thanks man, I def. miss the Pirates games. We considered the games we played a rivalary game. Games were always close, even 3 years ago when we showed up with 12 guys! lol We def. came a long way. Your chances are pretty good this year to get that ring. I'll always root for the Indiana team, so hope Ohio goes down.

Hey Bell, is Knightstown HS Field Turf or grass?

It's brand new turf.