supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRFL Week 12 Predictions - September 24, 2011

This week we close out the CRFL regular season. Playoffs are so close, we can taste it and definitely feel it! What are we waiting for? Here are the picks!

Crush @ Stallions
This game has the makings of a great matchup. Both teams are coming off shutout decisions last week, Crush with a 16-0 win, Stallions a 17-0 loss. The Stallions have a better D, the biggest advantage I see. Whatever the outcome, they'll likely meet up again in 2 weeks in Round 1 of playoffs.

Prediction: Stallions 20-14

* GAME OF THE WEEK *
Force @ Cardinals
Here we have a legit championship preview. Although this game doesn't have much bearing on the playoff seedings, there's plenty of intrigue here. Cardinals and Force have #1 & 2 defenses, and 2 of the top 3 offenses in the league. Something has to give. The Force really have nothing to lose here but their perfect record which is enough to believe they won't be laying down, while the Cardinals are hoping for an unlikely trip up by the Renegades vs the Warriors to take over the #1 spot in Indiana. Don't let the Cardinals 2 losses fool you, they still possess likely the most talented team in the league. Great game all around, but I see 10-0 looming.

Prediction: Force 17-10

Blitz @ Knights
Really nothing to play for here but pride. The Blitz fell to 11 Vipers last week, which shows how competitive this one may be. The Knights are officially eliminated from playoff contention. Amazingly, the Blitz are not out yet. Here is the most probable scenario as to how the Blitz can still make playoffs.

1. Blitz WIN, Revolution LOSS - Win would give Blitz a 3-5-1 record and loss would give Revolution 3-7 record. Blitz have make up game scheduled with Cardinals Oct. 1, regardless of outcome, Blitz finish with better record than Revolution, grab #4 spot in Indiana.

As for Blitz @ Knights..

Prediction: Knights 31-20

Warriors @ Renegades
Well, Warriors, here's your chance to quiet the critics. All the self claimed hype about how good the Warriors are has put a target on their back. This week the Warriors find themselves lined up across from the defending champs. The Renegades are fresh off a close call by a surprising performance from the Revolution. This one may be closer than most expect, but I don't expect it.

Prediction: Renegades 32-0

* UPSET SPECIAL *
Raiders @ Revolution
Who was that team who suited up against the Renegades last week? A competitive Revo squad? Get outta here! The same Revo team who started 3-0 before dropping their last 6 by a combined 182-55. What ever they did differently, they better do it again if they want to hold onto that last playoff spot with the Blitz hot on their tail. Again, a Blitz win and Revo loss drops the Revolution out of the playoffs. An absolute MUST WIN for Spradlin's injury riddled, once promising, fatigued squad. On the other side, the Raiders have already been eliminated leaving them with only their pride to play for. Raiders travel light, play hard, and pull the upset.

Prediction: Raiders 14-12

Nothing more exciting than playoff time. One more regular season week, and 3 make up games Oct. 1 weekend. October 8 marks the opening round of the CRFL Playoffs. Have a good week everyone, and have a fun weekend with safe travels. Good luck!

Re: CRFL Week 12 Predictions - September 24, 2011

your true colors come out this week renegades crossroads guy.

Your predictions prove it, the renegades are scared to see the revolution again in the playoffs. The revolution had them beat and they know it. A lucky fumble got you your win, just like your other close games. Luck.

sure you might have walk onto the field shit talking your asses off, but you sure got out of there in a hurry and pretty damn quiet. The renegades will see the revolution again in round one.

revo fan

Your predictions prove it, the renegades are scared to see the revolution again in the playoffs. The revolution had them beat and they know it. A lucky fumble got you your win, just like your other close games. Luck.

sure you might have walk onto the field shit talking your asses off, but you sure got out of there in a hurry and pretty damn quiet. The renegades will see the revolution again in round one.

To be honest with you, I am not affiliated with the Renegades at all. I simply make my picks based on gut instincts.

revo fan

Since Bell #14 was giving us some love, I'll chime in. I don't believe in LUCK. How did this fumble happen? A good play by the defense or a mistake by the Offense... its that simple. Luck played no role. Bell is a witness of a game we had when there running back gave us a chance with 20 some seconds. We ended up throwing a bomb to an athletic WR and then punched it in. They didn't come on here talking about how lucky we were. They talked about a mistake they made to give us a chance. PS that back was and probably still is a good player.

Luck may have had something to do with our fumble recovery, but we still capitalized on it and got the W.

As for being scared... hell no! We look forward to hosting the Revolution in Round 1. We'll have our full D back at it will be at our house this time around. "fan" you can sit back (likely from the revolution's bench) and watch a very different game on October 8th. Now stay anonymous behind that screen name before Capt Jack makes you run extra sprints after practice.

I havent said much this year, but I will before this gets started into something more than it is.

I agree with Landry and #59 Howard, theres no 'luck' in football. The 'Gades did EXACTLY what your supposed to do with turnovers, turn them into points. And they did it with time NOT on thier side.

They won, period.

If the fan post was indeed a fan, we LOVE the confidence in us and we will try to live up to it this week.

But if you are a Revo player, you'd better have your rear AT practice and helping us get ready for the Raiders. Ok, we played well and J Bell gave us some respect - (thx)

But even so, we arent even picked to win THIS WEEK, let alone get to round one in the playoffs!!!!!

We have work to do.

Hendricks

Revo #14 Great Post, last time I checked there was no stat for "Luck". As far as being scared, it could not be further from the truth. Good Luck #14 this weekend. A rematch is guranteed if the Revolution do your part and ya'll will have the chance to bounce us out so we shall see! Good Lookin Landry

Jeremy Bell Renegade #14
Revo #14 Great Post, last time I checked there was no stat for "Luck". As far as being scared, it could not be further from the truth. Good Luck #14 this weekend. A rematch is guranteed if the Revolution do your part and ya'll will have the chance to bounce us out so we shall see! Good Lookin Landry

DONT GET AHEAD OF YOURSELF BELL. Y'ALL GOTTA WIN TOO. IF Y'ALL LOSE AND CARDS WIN, YOU GET TAKE #2 SEED. SO DO YOUR PART!

lucky fumble ...omg ....fumbles are a parts we played hard we play as a team by the way i was killing @ hitting ur backs and cause fumbles i was in the backfield almost every play i give to the revo the most running team i seen since roncall high school... team i think they past 3 times the whole game we aint tripping on playing again that was a fun game to play in....see u soon revo fan...

I play for the warriors jackrabbit. I'm coming to get some sat, son. So, your team had better be ready

FAN
I play for the warriors jackrabbit. I'm coming to get some sat, son. So, your team had better be ready

Why is you name fan then? If you really do play for the warriors what did we say after we lost to the vipers? quit talking shit on this we havent won shit yet get to practice this week work hard lets go down to indy and play a good solid football game in all phases of the game.

Warrior I have a feeling that is not a member of your squad. I hover around this board and do not think since yall lost that your team would be on here. Just thought I would let you know. We look forward to another great game, have a safe trip.

lemme just say this im not talking shit just saying your already just saying oh we got this team in the first round im just saying dont get ahead of yourself you still have us again not talking shit im just pumped to play u guys

FAN

Although I do not think this is one of my players, However if it is, keep quiet and lets just play football. We got our asses handed to us when we played the Vipers, We have NO bragging rights!
Lets have a good clean and safe game this Saturday!

Coach Lance

@ Crossroads Guy. I understand you saying self-claimed hype and no doubt you are talking about me talking on here, however... Everyone respectable in this league has already said its great to have confidence in your team. So, please explain how we have a self-inflicted target now when I know for a fact Ive never put any teams or players down. Never once have you heard of us starting problems with anyone. I honestly dont care if u say we lose by 3 or 30 but usually the "defending champs" have the targets.

ham4 you did put the target on yourselfs after winning a couple games you got on here saying you where going to win it all i told you that you would not beat the vipers and your next win might be the nights and i still say you will not beat the gades or the cards so get ready to hang it up and better luck next year

Couple of quick remarks.
First off not only the correct response but the one I would have made too Brian (Revo 14). There is no luck in football. There are 2 teams and the reason we play the game is because you never know who is going to end up on top until you do. I can say that the game this past weekend was a great one down to the wire. Yes we lead but the qb hit the rb in the shoulder with the ball and that as they say is that. 1 I could say well our starting qb is out along with our back up and his back up and we had a wr playing qb but in my eyes its next man up end of story. 2 We could have recovered the ball but as Howard said they did not us. 3 The had to drive 75 yards to take the lead with under 2 min and they did just that. Congrats to the Renegades aside from 2 mouthy players you guys had a great group out there and hope to see you in 2 weeks with all our players off IR so we can "pass more than 3 times" lol.

Herm Edwards said it the best! With that said everyone of you ppl just fell into a trap! CR guy just admitted he makes picks on "gut", not facts, not stats, but gut! May these predictors should become official like the different leagues, and start getting on here telling facts instead of hear say! AGAIN, I'M JUST SAYING!

I'm Just Sayin
Herm Edwards said it the best! With that said everyone of you ppl just fell into a trap! CR guy just admitted he makes picks on "gut", not facts, not stats, but gut! May these predictors should become official like the different leagues, and start getting on here telling facts instead of hear say! AGAIN, I'M JUST SAYING!

In response to these remarks..

If there's anyone who follows the individual team stats of the CRFL closely, it is me. To call me out by saying I am not using fact or stats to backup my predictions is crazy. I have seen every team in the CRFL play this year, so I also have first hand experience of the talent of these teams. Those "gut" instincts I get are solely based on what I know and what I have personally seen from each team. Before you decide to call me out on my credibility, be sure you know what you are talking about. Thank you.

CR Guy

CR Guy,

I will state the obvious as my personal opinion and observations as I've seen them as thus year.

Your predictions have been very, very good and its obvious that you do more that toss names on paper in the air or flip coins to see who think may have an edge in weeks matchups.

The ONLY unfortunate thing that happens in our chosen path is that no matter how you pick teams, call them by name or position, predict good or bad outcomes and as honest as you report, there will be critics.

Some will critique due to that they dont agree.
Some just want to be picked to win regardless of the real chances of such.
Others will definately sign in just to complain.

But at the end of the keyboard, it still comes down to overall football knowlege, which you have proven you do possess.

It's a tough, but rewarding thing we do, and I absolutely love the feedback, good OR bad. I mean, without the players, we wouldnt have much to cover.

But it's some (not all, of course) that will never be pleased with whats said about they or thier team, and even if you do, some others will dislike you for holding up another team.

As long as you continue to report/pick and analyze to the very best of your talents ends, be honest and try to never insult anything about the players, teams and the game itself, (which you are currently doing) you'll enjoy it even more, and let the other stuff roll off your back.

I'd say thats my two cents, but with prices today, I cant afford to give BOTH pennys.

Oh, Shot out to the Wildcats!

Way to come to play! ( Hello, Mr. Landry..It was good to see you Sat!)

Vince