supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Adding Players

Okay so I just wanted to ask a 2 questions. ONE why does it seem every good team in the CRFL has added ZERO players from the start of the season until now and the bottom feeders can add players EVEN after week 5. Which brings me to another question. The bylaw that states no team can add unless they drop below 25 players, does that include someone who just starts cutting people to get to 25 so they can add people? Just wandering all teams in Ohio but the Force added people and all people but Cards and Renegades added people so I am just wanering the exact rules and I'd like a ruling from Wayne becuase the playoffs are coming and we do not want any cheaters.

Re: Adding Players

hopefully someone is checking the rosters and ID although rosters do not matter because some players on the Rev squad aren't even on their roster. I say there is a deadline for all teams to have their final roster posted by friday YET AGAIN for those still adding players. its truly rediculous and shows just how good those teams are who have not added ONE single player.

cant speak for any other team but the ohio crush has not added any players after the league dead line so dont make it sound like all ohio teams but the force are tryin to cheat or break league rules

hopefully
hopefully someone is checking the rosters and ID although rosters do not matter because some players on the Rev squad aren't even on their roster. I say there is a deadline for all teams to have their final roster posted by friday YET AGAIN for those still adding players. its truly rediculous and shows just how good those teams are who have not added ONE single player.

As stated by the bylaws, if your team drops below 25 players, provided they designate player by placing then on IR (which means they cannot play with the team, or any other team for the season) then that team is allowed to add player to reach 25 members.

This is called the Small Roster Exemption. It was designed to allow teams who, normally would fold after a roster was locked, to continue to participate though the season.

When the playoffs start - the rosters remain locked, as they have been since Week 5, and the Small Roster Exemption is no longer active, meaning everyone's roster is locked for the remainder of the playoffs.

This Friday at 6pm has been designated as that cutoff day, since we still have teams participating in regular season games.

Correct, the Crush have officially not added any more players to their roster since Week 5.

was the 5th week shutoff roster made to stop teams from loading up for the playoffs then if it was how in the hell can you kick people off your team to load up if it was final roster come on this shit is not right or fair to the teams who followed the rules sounds wrong to me come on crfl get this right either or it was a final roster the5 week or it was not.

no one cares what u think travis you were kept on to be a special team player anywayz no ne kicked you off you did it to yourself deal wit it and get ready for dat ass whoopin clown

I'll say this about the roster, roster limits, and roster rules,

Last year, as been with many years in the MFL, the one and only roster was due at the end the regular season. Teams could move in and out players all season long, unknowly to other teams. A few teams loaded up with other teams from other leagues and make playoff runs.

This year we set a limit to 40 players, asked teams to submit their changes, publicity week to week. Week 5 was a compromise between those that wanted to keep the rosters open and those that wanted to close them at the start of the season. We also added the Small Roster Exceptions to help prevent forfeits, which teams like the vipers and raiders utilized. It was discussed and voted on during the league meetings.

This year was an experiment. Some things went right, some things haven't worked. Week 5 happened to be after the HFL regular season ended. The CRFL is in the process of review this issues right now and has already started working on changes for next year.

The league cannot dictate how owners or coaches run their league. I will give props to the few teams that have stuck with the players the entire year - such as the Stallions. I will also say I have seen teams cut half their roster to make room for what they equated as better players. For some, it worked, for others, it didn't. If I was a player that was cut, I'd be upset. But so are professional football players and college football players.

What are some of the players and "fans" thoughts on the topic of rosters?

Look at the vipers roster and all the ir's can't tell me they aren't loading up, won't matter though

the week 5 rule roster should be the one to go by because rule 2 over rides rule 1 rule 1 says final roster not you can add players if you kick people off your team to add players from another whose team and leaque is done playing so you can load up for playoffs final does mean final does it not and rule 2 says if you go below 25 and have injured players on reserve you can go back up to 25 it does not say you can kick players off your team so you can load up from other team that are done to help you win in the playoffs.final does mean final

just answering
no one cares what u think travis you were kept on to be a special team player anywayz no ne kicked you off you did it to yourself deal wit it and get ready for dat ass whoopin clown

First off Bitch that wasn't me if it is was I would let you know second off be a man and say who you are clown?

For IR and roster exceptions, any player placed on IR will be ineligible to play the rest of the season. Any player placed on IR will be listed on the team roster on each team page and is ineligible to play for any other team. If a team drops below 25 players, (IR not included) they will be able to add to their roster to maintain 25 players until the playoffs so long as the players added have not participated in any other semi-pro leagues this season. See the bylaws for all the details...... there it is if u add players to get to 25 they can not of played any semipro football this year period so u cant add any player from another league or team pretty much says it all right ?

travis you a funny guy if that wasnt you dont let it get you worked up even doe you alwayz say just saying had me wondering for a minute haha but what does it matter you got other stuff to worry bout like ur game plan for saturday ur goin to need one

well by league rules Travis or anyone else that has played semipro football this year can not play for the knights in Saturdays game period

Damn bryan you really thought I would do something like that wow I didn't think you would call me put like that. I got worked up because I don't like being accused of stuff I didn't do as for OC. We have talked to the crfl is the warriors release me I can play for the knights but whether I play for them or not is still up in the air I just wanna play ball and for people thinking pin jumping ship it whatever I use to play for the knights before I joined the army and still talk to there owner. Bryan sorry for calling you a Bitch and idc if wolfpack come to the warriors shit Brandon has been giving me his reps on d cause he has faith in me.

Here is how I think it should be. Any team must have all rosters submitted by week 5 FINAL rosters. NO team can cut players to add people and all players cut must verify the reasoning they were given. All players placed on IR should be verified they are actually injured instead of allowing room for a team to stack up. The rules state NO player can play for any other semi pro team well that means NO PLAYER FROM ANY SQUAD ANYWHERE arena, semi pro or whatever. The only people you can add are players that have not played for any team in a regular season game period. It is true some are breaking the rules or ofcourse finding loopholes to jump through to stack up for the playoffs, but hey welcome to semipro boys, if one does it then screw it do what others do and stack up! That is the only way to get it ressloved make it a big deal! I would love to volunteer my time, money and services to come up with a system that works. I will drive to every team and set up a compliance model. The fact remains unless someone stays on top of the rosters additions numbers and all of that and teams are punished by breaking the rules, someone will find a way to stack their team to compete. Shout out to all the teams ALL SEASON LONG week 1 thru now that have not added 1 SINGLE PLAYER. Gades, Cards, Force, Stallions!

no system put in place, no matter how good, will work if it is not enforced.

Ive been on here the last few days and have read many opinions and I feel its my turn.

First of all in March or February when we discussed and made these rules several teams along with myself saw the flaw in the "IR" Rule. The rule was put in place for teams such as the Raiders (no offense Jeff Knittle or anyone else in RaiderNation) who due to REAL injuries had trouble fielding a full competitive team. The CRFL one main goal is small market teams, the successful ones like previously mention (Renegades Cards et al) dont even have to worry about this rule because their roster is at 40. However there are some owner/s out there who have found the loophole and have cut players or placed them on IR in order to gain what they feel like is better talent from teams who season is already finished like the Southern Ohio Wolfpack. This is one of the things that in my opinions needs to be fixed for next season, however by-laws are by-laws and we just have to grit and bare it for now. Honestly I dont see these "cheaters" making it to the playoffs or going far in it to change the outcome. Wayne JJ other team owners and myself will attack this issue at the end of season and make the fix based on what our teams feel is fair. Is it Oct 8 yet? hope to see you on the field

Tyler Peckham
Midwest Force President
CRFL Vice President

Viper Pit
Look at the vipers roster and all the ir's can't tell me they aren't loading up, won't matter though

The Vipers arent loading up. All but a few of their original players quit mid-season because of the person running the team. If not for the players they picked up, which have been there for many games, they would have likely folded. It seems that most of the players on their IR were put there to keep them from playing elsewhere out of spite.