supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indiana Mustangs vs. Cincinnati Jayhawks (MSFL Tournament)

Mustangs Win 1st Round Playoff Game!

The Indiana Mustangs who are members of the Elite MCFL traveled down to Cincinnati on Saturday afternoon to face the Cincinnati Jayhawks of the Gridiron Development Football League in the first round of the Mid-States Football Tournament. The Mustangs won 35 – 6, and will now advance to the 2nd round of the tournament.

The Mustang offense was led by quarterback Travis Kempton. Kempton, a former baseball pitcher at UIndy, threw four touchdown strikes on Saturday. Kempton’s first touchdown was an 8-yard pass to former Arlington standout, James Sharp who ironically is hoping to play both basketball and track at UIndy this year. On the next series, Kempton ran a bootleg and found a an open Carlos Avilia for a 56-yard scoring reception. Before the first half ended, Kempton connected again with Sharp for a 48-yard touchdown. Holder Russell Peterson ran in the two-point conversion, and the Mustangs led 22 – 0 at halftime. The Jayhawks were finally able to score on the stingy Mustang defense midway into the third period with a short touchdown reception. However, the Mustangs responded on their next drive with a 20-yard scoring reception to tight end Eric McKinney. In the 4th quarter, the Mustangs closed out the scoring with a one-yard touchdown plunge by fullback, Dontae Hart a former Ben Davis standout player. Although Kempton’s four touchdown passes were game highlights, the Mustangs featured a powerful rushing attack behind an offensive line averaging 360 lbs. Nick Jackson led the team in rushing with 90 yards on 16 carries. Defensively, the Mustangs were led by linebacker Dan Eason who finished the game with nine tackles, sack and two tackles for losses.

The Mustangs will be back in action on Saturday, October 15th for the 2nd round of the Mid-States Football Tournament. The Mid-States Football Tournament is hosted by the National Football Events (NFE), and the team winning this regional tournament will have the option to play in a Bowl game scheduled in Florida during January 2012.

Re: Indiana Mustangs vs. Cincinnati Jayhawks (MSFL Tournament)

How are the Indiana Mustangs playing in the Mid-States Football Tournament? They folded midway in the regular season of the Elite MCFL. How can a team fold midway of the regular season and play in a Tournament for a chance to play in a Bowl game. It is not far for teams that played all of there scheduled games. Don't get me wrong I like the Indiana Mustangs and they been one of the best teams in Indiana for many many of years. I have played with and against a lot of there players. They are a good group of guys. I just don't think it is right for them playing in this Tournament. I just don't understand why they didn't finish there regular season and then play in this Tournament.

Thanks
Dennis Morris
Minor League Football News Hall Of Fame "Class Of 2009"
AFA Hall Of Fame "Class of 2010"
American Football News Hall of Fame "Class of 2011"

This tournament was open to all teams if you paid the entry fee. I take it that they were the only team in Indiana that took them up on it. CRFL teams couldn't because we are still in our season. If they would have pushed it back they probably could have got more teams. I would have defiantly been interested if our season was over.

This is what they sent out to the teams. good Idea but bad timing.

The National Football Events & the United States Football Association is hosting several Regional Tournaments across the country again this year. If your team is interested in participating, please contact Jim Nugent or James Stamper before by Sunday, September 18th. National Football Events is hosting two tournaments specifically for the midwest…one that is exclusive for the top-ranked teams (league champions and nationally ranked teams) and the second tournament called the Mid-States is open to any teams regardless of record.

The cost of the Mid-States tournament is only $200 and can be paid through Paypal on the National Football Events website. If you lose an opening round playoff game, Jim can provide an additional game opportunity in a 2nd chance bracket, so you can be guaranteed of playing at least two games. We are hoping to have an all-Indiana team bracket within the Mid-States tournament, so we can minimize travel for the initial rounds of the tournament. If your team is interested in participating this year, please call or e-mail me or Jim Nugent...good luck and have a good weekend.

(I removed phone numbers because not sure they wanted them out)
James Stamper
removed phone number
james.a.stamper@delphi.com

Jim Nugent
removed phone number
www.nationalfootballevents.com
www.eteamz.com/unitedstatesfootballassociation

James Stamper
Delphi E&S
Mgr. Analysis & Planning
M/S CT17-F
removed phone number
removed phone number
james.a.stamper@delphi.com

Spradlin I wish you would shut the fuck up and leave semi pro ball you and JJ both. You are a lying sack of Shhhhhhhh. Oh I played for ball state and I'm the shit when you suck ass at life,, You never played football at ball state and simply are a liar. I hope all of your players realize how big of a joke you are. You attempt to act as if you know how to run an orginization but don't you are an unemployed piece of white trash. Hey wanna know why Muncie people who are good won't play for you? Its because they all know you suck and played with you in high school and think you are a fucking joke. Lying on teams and saying AD's said people were banned and all this and that and nobody even knew you existed or anything, none of it was true. Fall off the face of the planet you punk ass SOB!

jeremy bell sounds sacred to me, you sure play cheerleader good though let me know when your nuts drop kid.

I ask all Revolution players to please ignore the mindless unnamed idiots on this website and continue to do what we do. Sorry nameless poster you will not draw me in have a great day.

Woah, I had nothing to do with that post. I have prided myself in staying off of the boards for the most part. I again will say I accept my role on my team. I play all over and am not ashamed of it. I will continue to "Cheer" on my squad every chance I get wihtout batting an eye. Thank Ya'll for the love though.

As I said before good response Bell, every team needs those players who don't have superstar attitudes wanting to play a certain spot everydown or else they aren't playing. Way to be a "TEAM" player, a concept which is often forgotten in Semi Pro. Spradlin don't know you but continue doing what you do? What keep loosing? Ha ha Good Luck

This team is 20% mustangs 70% indy saint/indy vipers 5% scorpion 5% other. I been to there practice. In seen all them indy saints/vipers so why do they call it the mustangs

it was because we already had the Mustang jerseys. It is not just the Mustang team tough like you said we opened it up to anyone who wanted to play some more football this off season and get a shot a a trip to Florida.

Is it true that the Indiana Mustangs forfeited thier game with the Southern Lakes Blue Devils this weekend? That is what I heard. If someone from the Indiana Mustangs can come on here and say if it is true or not. I am not trying to start anything I am just wanting to know if the rumor it true.

Dennis Morris

No the game got pushed back to next Saturday. The owner had an emergency family situation come up and decided to contact those in charge of the tournament, and ask if we could push the game back to next week.

Mr.97
No the game got pushed back to next Saturday. The owner had an emergency family situation come up and decided to contact those in charge of the tournament, and ask if we could push the game back to next week.

Mr.97 Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks Again
Dennis Morris