supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Baby Girl...

Yesterday we recieved a call from Sierra's doctor at Riley hospital. She informed us that there are two new lesions on my daughters brain. She advise us to take her to Riley right away to begin a five day treatment to try to fight the lesions. fortunately for us we are able to do the treatment up here at Memorial Hospital in South Bend.

Here is what really amazed me about my duaghter...
She was getting ready for her first band concert since becoming ill & was so excited about it. I did not want her to know about the phone call until after her concert, but Sierra insisted on knowing what was wrong. I wonder how many people would perform in the concert knowing that right afterwards they will be hospitalized for a week? Sierra is a strong young girl. She played her flute like there was nothing wrong. She is my ROCK. She is amazing...

This is the fourth hospitalization since she receieved the vaccinations on Aug. 6,2010. When will this ever end???????

Re: My Baby Girl...

I don't honestly , for the first time in a long time, do not know what to say. So let's try this....

This past summer I invited Mitchell and Sierra and their family to join us at my house for the Elkhart County Fair parade. Mitchell and his wife brought Sierra and Mitchell Jr. to my yard and we spent a fantastic day watching the parade, sharing a meal and enjoying life. Sierra is a special little girl. She does not want sympathy. You will never hear her say "why me". It's not her way. She wants to be a normal kid. Well,,, as I like to say THAT AIN'T HAPPENING!!! This girl is not normal. She cares more about others than she cares about herself. When she needs something, she does everything she can to do for herself and not ask for help so as not to bother someone else. And, forgive me Mitchell but this need said, Sierra's Facebook page right now does not ask for prayers. Or complain about being in the hospital again. It's a message to her dog to not worry and that she'll be home soon.

We get on this damn website sometimes and complain about some of the dumbest things. We complain about how this team is cheating, or this league is making up the rules just to screw your team, or even worse we hide behind fake names because we are too scared that someone might find out who we are and get upset.

We need to all step back for just one minute. We need to think of this brave and wonderful young lady, and say a prayer for her and the Frantz family.

Mitchell, right now I am unaffiliated with any semi pro team, but I am on the Frantz team to get Sierra home to Emma and you know what I said to you in July. We love you brother and are praying for you.

Mike and Andrea.

Mitchell, there has been so many times that I have wondered how your daughter was doing, since I had not heard anything since your first post. I wish there was something dramatic that I could do for your daughter. But, if there is anything that I can do, please let me know. The Martin Family is praying for your family..,
Karen

Good luck and blessings to you and your family and just know that there are lots of us out here pulling for you. As overwhelming as I am sure that this kind of thing seems, just remember that you're not alone.