supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mustangs kicked out of the IFL

The Mustangs have been kicked out of the IFL for trying to join forces with the Destroyers.

Last time I heard, the Destroyers were ready to play the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Shows you how much this team is organized and telling the real truth!!!!

Re: Mustangs kicked out of the IFL

What a disgrace. Not only do you trash the name of Indiana's Longest running team, you also cause the IFL to look like an ass, accepting a team the GMFL has already accepted. Anthony dosn't take kindly to bull shit like that. Way to go destroyers. THIS TEAM WILL FOLD BY YEARS END. JUST LIKE THE THREE BEFORE IT.

How true is this? Usually legit breaking news that is posted on here is posted with a real name who knows exactly what is going on.

the indiana mustangs logo has been replaced by the destroyers logo on the ifl website

I hate responding to this stuff, but in this case I need to. It's not fair to the teams involved or the IFL to let this stuff fester on this board. The Indiana Mustangs were NOT kicked out of the IFL. It's basically no different than a team changing their name.

The Destroyers' ownership group applied to the IFL, and presented to the IFL's board in January. At that presentation, they told the league they had been given ownership of the Mustangs as of 5:00pm the night before. They said James Stamper would not be in an ownership role with the team, but they would be keeping the team name.

I received a call last weekend from the ownership group, saying they were going to sever ties with James Stamper, and return to their original track with the Destroyers name. They were under the impression he was giving them full ownership, and when they went to sign papers to make everything "official", the story had changed. According to them, James wanted to remain the President of the team, and bring in others to help run the team. This was not the situation they were looking for. Whatever other details there are from that meeting, I don't know. I am just relaying the information given to me. There are no hard feelings towards anyone from the IFL.

The PEOPLE were voted into the IFL, not the TEAM. We have always felt that way. That's the reason we bring team representatives in to present to the board. No disrespect to James, but he never stepped foot in front of the IFL board in any capacity, to represent the Indiana Mustangs. Kendall Hoyle and his group were the people voted into the league, and basically nothing has changed. We wish the Mustangs well this season, and we are hoping to have a great season with the Destroyers.

Thanks Troy. I just spoke with Stamper of the Mustangs and he tells an entirely different story-one that is 100% along with the story Troy stated-as expected. Oddly he wasn't upset with this story, just disappointed because it's not true what was originally posted. He read me an email from the commissioner (Troy) that stated the ownership committee of the Destroyers was approved for admission, not the Mustangs team as presented and that the Destroyers ownership group presented and was approved for admission. He's not upset with that at all. He said he wished the owners of the Destroyers nothing but the best. He didn't say a single negative thing about the league or the Detroyers or their staff. What a class act!

Stamper did, however, wonder why the destroyers folks were thinking ever that he was giving them the team and its assets for nothing and he would just "walk away". He offered to let them run the team from a coaching standpoint and team management standpoint. Not give the assets and team name to them and team name to them and still be on the hook for any debts they accrued-because they are a non-profit registered with the state of Indiana and a board that's registered with the state of Indiana. This is a requirement for the State of Indiana to have a registered board of directors. He also didn't attend the meeting because both members of the now Destroyers assured him they would handle this and Stamper was still paying the league fees out of the Mustangs account upon approval into the league. Now who in their right mind would think that he wasn't going to remain principle owner? (my words, not his). And they knew he was still going to coach the team this year, just not as Head Coach. But that has changed and he is resuming his role as Head Coach. And I, for one, am glad for that. He's in the Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame and one of the few class acts in Indiana Semi-rPro Football.

On a side note, Stamper also said the Mustangs are gonna have an amazing season this year. Some big talent new blood to mix in with a lot of the vets, limited travel, and some big and exciting things for players this year that few teams or any teams will be able to provide for their players. He emphasized he just wants to have fun with football again.

Again it deserves repeating - What a disgrace!

semipro fan
What a disgrace. Not only do you trash the name of Indiana's Longest running team, you also cause the IFL to look like an ass, accepting a team the GMFL has already accepted. Anthony dosn't take kindly to bull shit like that. Way to go destroyers. THIS TEAM WILL FOLD BY YEARS END. JUST LIKE THE THREE BEFORE IT.

That is 100% correct I do not like accepting teams only to have them waste my time however this is "amateur adult football" therefore nothing that happens surprises me especially a move such as this.

I simply figure the Destroyers felt the IFL was a much better fit than the GMFL and I am good with that.

I wish the IFL well, I wish the Destroyers success and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mr. Stamper and the Indiana Mustang organization.

I thought the mustangs folded last year, right?

Yes they did fold. And who came to help to try to save their season? Well, would that be the same individuals and their players (I was one of those players) who they have now made look like crap to the rest of the semi-pro general assembly here on Supa Fan. Respected because they have been around the longest but you can't even control your players. Anthony, don't know you but I know these guys and they were lied to. They were super excited about joining forces. Stamp played them like 2 deer and semi-truck, #blinded. But since everyone wants to jump on gardner and kendall, karma is a b*tch and you can take that to the bank and deposit that. #stillwinning

And for all the grammar scholars on here I meant to say "But since you all want to jump on gardner and kendall, just know that karma is a b*tch and you can take that to the bank and deposit that." Ok. #stillwinning

Gardener and kendall some bitches...yeap im the same dude who told them once before that after a game and i introduce myself to them im gonna proceed to slap the taste out they mouth for disrespecting me on this board... ill see u punk a-- destroyers on the field!!

OLE school
Gardener and kendall some bitches...yeap im the same dude who told them once before that after a game and i introduce myself to them im gonna proceed to slap the taste out they mouth for disrespecting me on this board... ill see u punk a-- destroyers on the field!!

That's why you posted your name with this post, right? You're a fucking retard as much as your grasp of the English language. You can't slap the taste out of SHIT because you're a punk-ass gay bitch. Big and bad on the internet? Coward.

I'm Just Saying!
Yes they did fold. And who came to help to try to save their season? Well, would that be the same individuals and their players (I was one of those players) who they have now made look like crap to the rest of the semi-pro general assembly here on Supa Fan. Respected because they have been around the longest but you can't even control your players. Anthony, don't know you but I know these guys and they were lied to. They were super excited about joining forces. Stamp played them like 2 deer and semi-truck, #blinded. But since everyone wants to jump on gardner and kendall, karma is a b*tch and you can take that to the bank and deposit that. #stillwinning
I don't have any beef with Gardner and Kendall nor James Stamper. Gardner and Kendall made a football decision. I just wish they would have had everything in place before contacting me because it turned into wasted time and effort but again it's adult amateur football and as I said before NOTHING surprises me.

Life is WAY too short to be beefing over a football decision so hopefully everyone involved will put all of this behind them and move towards the upcoming season in a positive manner.

Ever heard the term hitched your horse to the wrong wagon? This definitely applies. RIP Destroyers!

There were people in our organization that told me that we'd never get to make the trips to Indianapolis on July 14 (Eagles) or August 4 (Destroyers). I am a "glass half full" guy so I dissented. Guess what? I'm buying.

Some people simply have no idea what it takes to produce and maintain a product, at this level. They then screw over other organizations that need them to be successful.

Sign me, "Severely Disappointed"...again.

Blaze GM
There were people in our organization that told me that we'd never get to make the trips to Indianapolis on July 14 (Eagles) or August 4 (Destroyers). I am a "glass half full" guy so I dissented. Guess what? I'm buying.

Some people simply have no idea what it takes to produce and maintain a product, at this level. They then screw over other organizations that need them to be successful.

Sign me, "Severely Disappointed"...again.

It's up to people such as yourself and those that read this blog to make sure those crooks stay out of semi-pro football for good!