supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crusaders Set to Open Camp with Full Coaching Staff

The Marion County Crusaders have announced their coaching staff for the 2012 season led by Head Coach MAC.

When Coach MAC joined the Marion County Crusaders this past November, he set forth a challenge of winning a championship this year, the organization’s first year. The Crusaders front office has not rested since. January and February, Coach MAC led voluntary workouts at the Gathering Place with an average player attendance of 30.

March 20th kicks off the start of mandatory practices for all new Crusader players held at Lawrence Park beginning at 6pm. Waiting for them will be a team of 8 coaches ready to teach, work, and lead a team to achieve the challenge set forth. They are:

Offensive Coordinator – Shane Williams: Indiana State University, Morgan County Broncos

Receivers Coach – Brian Hendricks: West Chester University, Dupage Eagles, Indiana Generals, Indianapolis Enforcers

Running Backs Coach – Darryl Gates Sr.: Northwest HS, USA Track and Field – Team Gado

Defensive Coordinator – Dan Shipley: Marian University of Indianapolis, Danville HS, Speedway HS

Linebackers Coach – David Mitchell: Brunswick Academy, Morgan County Broncos, Hendricks County Generals

Defensive Backs Coach – Darryl Spears: University of Illinois, Ball State University , Glenn Robinson Summer Camps

This is a great opportunity for any player not just to be a part of a new organization, but to develop and improve their skills on the field. The Crusaders are still looking for players for a number of positions but they must have and show the dedication, discipline, and character set forth and displayed by the Owners and Head Coach.

For more information visit our website at www.marioncountycrusaders.com

Re: Crusaders Set to Open Camp with Full Coaching Staff

We left out, last but not least - Defensive Line Coach - Joshua Curtis: John F Kennedy HS

Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that the Crusaders are planning on practicing Tuesday, March 20th at Lawrence fields? Wow that's three teams including girls lacrosse on this fields... IMO - these "Johnny-come-lately" teams need to find another field, real talk.

big_triggs6
Wait a minute, you mean to tell me that the Crusaders are planning on practicing Tuesday, March 20th at Lawrence fields? Wow that's three teams including girls lacrosse on this fields... IMO - these "Johnny-come-lately" teams need to find another field, real talk.

Triggs,

This "Johnny-come-lately" team did it the right way. The Crusaders went to the Lawrence Parks Board, Got an Agreement on paper and WILL be practicing at Lawrence on Tuesday's and Thursday's. I suggest you bring you team's agreement with you this Tuesday because if not it will look like the girls lacrosse team and the Crusaders will be practicing that day, not the Tornados. Have a nice day!!!

J. Morris

LOL, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Triggs just got bitch slap'd on da web. C-nation best in state.

hey LOL please if you are a player of the crusaders let the ownership take care of this stuff. I know that most teams are not use to new team doing things right but Us the crusaders will keep doing things the right way. Crusaders tuesday it all start.

straight bums.... c-nation sound super corny.... tornados would play yaw bums any day.... and give u some gas money for making the trip.... get serious!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha Crusaders????? are you serious... now lets start a team called the three muskateers and throw a tea party hahahaha bummmsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

realfootballplayer
straight bums.... c-nation sound super corny.... tornados would play yaw bums any day.... and give u some gas money for making the trip.... get serious!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha Crusaders????? are you serious... now lets start a team called the three muskateers and throw a tea party hahahaha bummmsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

I would probably let Triggs do all of your talking. He is a well respected person in Indiana Semi-pro and has enough common sense to know that we wouldn't need gas money to play you guys. We play out of the same city. He also has enough respect for the game to put his name with whatever he has to say. The Crusaders have nothing but respect for the Tornados and would love to see them succeed this year. Good luck this year and have fun!!!

J.Morris... if you really wanna swing then that's not something ill be proud to do with you. You might have your little piece of paper but I have way more "influence" on Lawrence since I'm an honorable "dignitary" to the football program in that area that not only does community service with the little league through the Tornados org, I coach a team at the park as well as an Lawrence little league alum. You guys still need to remember that work has been put down for years with these boots and winning on the football field is only part of my resume.

Yal got a "semi-professional" team, I'm a football legacy. Just make sure u back up that rap w something other than "we do things right". You still missing "work". We do that and doing things right get no kudos. Thats what you are suppose to do.
Now do work.

Triggs,

I can assure you that your pee-wee titles don't hold a candle to what I have done for that Community/state and Country. I'm not the one to usually brag but I guess you want to have a pissing contest so, here we go. I have been in the military for 11 plus years in the community of Lawrence and still going. Spent 14 months in Iraq in 2004 so people, like yourself, could get on this message board and speak their mind. I have assisted the Lawrence Police department/S.W.A.T on many occasions. I have been a reserve police officer for over two years. Oh, I forgot to mention that I know the Lawrence Mayor, Mayor Dean Jessup. This is just a few things that I have done for the Lawrence Community. Don’t think for one moment that you have more “influence” in that City then I.

We, the Crusaders, have become a sponsor of the little league and have volunteered to assist in ALL upcoming events. I understand that we are a new organization and need to earn respect however, there is no way in hell I will stand by and listen to any organization talk down to us because we are trying to do things the right way. To do things the right way is rare in Semi-Pro so, do I believe that deserves Kudos? You're damn right it does. Too many teams come and go because they try to make short cuts and end up falling on their faces.

As I have stated before, I look up to the Tornados organization and hope that one day the Crusaders will be as successful as them on and off the field. There is no reason why both organizations can’t come together and help build the City of Lawrence because isn’t that what it’s all about????

J. Morris

I say solve it on the field? Schedule a preseason game between the crusaders and tornados. Both sides down or what?

No pissing match needed... just work. Don't claim to be "the next best thing" be it. I dont know you J. Morris but apparently you need a pat on the back for "doing things right".. so here you go. Now do work. We'll see how much your "work" means when it come down to it. We'll see you on Tuesday.

I used to believe the Tornados and triggs were pretty respectable; but every time triggs opens his mouth over the last 6 months-or-so, he makes himself and the Tornados look like a bunch of immature, self absorbed assholes. Did anyone else see his first sentence of his second post?

big_triggs6
J.Morris... if you really wanna swing then that's not something ill be proud to do with you.

You said it triggs, you don't know Morris. That alone should have stopped you from acting like a moron. It didn't, which is sad. Quit bragging on yourself, rinse the sand out of your vagina and allow teams to get a competitive start without shitting on them because they are excited about their new venture. If they fail, let them fail. If they succeed, then you'll have another team to have great games against. Of course, one would have to assume you don't tear down the Tornados or aren't scared of the healthy competition.

Grow up, triggs.

Roll on, Morris.

Ya'll some underlings. The cats that led a coup and tried to rip apart the Generals. Yaw not legit, yaw ain't done shit but put up a damn website and hold some workouts. Yaw some castaways and in your heart you know this. You raided the hen house and for this nothing good will come of you. You think you did it the right way, but yaw wasn't blessed in, yaw was disgruntle and decided to ride. This story been told before! I got a few C words for your nation and it ain't champions.....

The Reaper!

Don't sweat it Triggs we all know ur passionate about wut has been built thru hard work on and off the field and that comes out to some as offensive. Got nuthn but respect for anyone who sacrifices for others gain. good luck to all teams in2012. btw I want a Crusaders jersey #23 im a big cavaliers fan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Y'all just got your card pulled on da web! LMFAO when u asked the coach "why am i 2nd string?" he said "cuz there aint no third string" LMFAO HA HA HA HA HA HA

Aye, let the truth be told. Had a good conversation with Crusader management (via phone not web, w others not Morris). Everything is squashed, plus there was no beef in the first place. Sorry drama queens there no more to post here. And if you think Im a self serving bully, you got me all figured out. The simple truths.

If Triggs is the BULLY, I know 55 BULLIES on the roster that will ride or die with him. Welcome to Tornado Alley! All others need not apply. Some of ya think it's cool to keep taking slaps at us with all this, "I respect ya'll talk" but the truth is you don't. That is just your way of crawling around on your bellies and avoid confrontation. "Yeah I took a swipe at you, but publically I want to come across a meek and honorable." That is WEAK! Football is CONFRONTATIONAL and if the TORNADOS feel like you got your hand in our pocket, expect confrontation. Now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

Mike P.

MP48
If Triggs is the BULLY, I know 55 BULLIES on the roster that will ride or die with him. Welcome to Tornado Alley! All others need not apply. Some of ya think it's cool to keep taking slaps at us with all this, "I respect ya'll talk" but the truth is you don't. That is just your way of crawling around on your bellies and avoid confrontation. "Yeah I took a swipe at you, but publically I want to come across a meek and honorable." That is WEAK! Football is CONFRONTATIONAL and if the TORNADOS feel like you got your hand in our pocket, expect confrontation. Now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

Mike P.

Whats the issue about again? Sounds like a phone call should have been made before any post was made on a message board if both teams are as "professional" as they claim to be.

Really there is no beef. It was a matter of where we practice, have been practicing, and they plan to practice. If they say the beef is squashed then it is however. We go through this every year to tell you the truth Fan. We open up a lane then others wanna jump in it.(1st team at TAB) I could be wrong, but it seems that way. Our resources are what they are and they are multiple so we are free to stay, move, change sites, whatever. IMO, and this is mine and not reflective of the organization is a matter of common courtesy. If you know someone practices somewhere I see it as disrepectful to try to undercut them, even if it is done "right." Everyone expects a "gentleman's" way of doing things, however, some feel they can do what they want. It's cool. I take offense because the Tornados and even the Nighthawks have been practicing at the Lawerence fields. We practiced there all last year. Common courtesy would have been to reach out to the Tornados and at least see what the deal was and if they were still there. Did that happen? No. So how can you claim to respect someone. Again I say, it is cool. Obviously it is squashed, but letting it be known now. I don't like you MF's already and I hope we get you on the field. Damn all this internet talk.

MP!

Im with that Mike P.... Lets go!!!!!!!

@ the Fan... I wasn't gonna cut into somebody's ass. I just saw the reduncancy coming a mile away.. 2008, Stampede scrimmaged the Warriors at Moreland park - wow, that was the Tornados practice field (I think they asked - not sure though, but I think we was out of town) Fights broke out etc - we heard about it after the fact. 2009 - 2010 at Tab, we know how that ended, we got undercut by several teams and no they didnt ask. It was so bad that in 2010 we got knocked completely off the schedule. We paid Tab good money those 2 years, over 2K!!! for no loyalty. 2011 - Park Tudor (our home stadium) Scorpions scrimmage the Saints - no courtesy to even give us a heads up or ask! Minor scuffles breakout all game and a kids goes to the hospital. Same year Cathedral, and we let the Saints play a game there which happened to be our last event there for us and all "semi-pro". Also in 2011, we spent all year at Lawrence putting in work with their kids, trying to hold down a facility.

Now 2012 same shit. Nighthawk, Crusaders, etc. but we bullies. I dont give a crap what "YOU" think is professional. We get a tremendous amount of support in Indy not by accident, and not by what you think u call "professional". It's called reputation. We do what what we say, and exceed expectation by being courteous and respectful to others, facilites, commitments, etc. You internet fans are the assholes just because you think you can have an opinion.

So to be frank about it. I conceded our plans due to the fact that Coach Mac had balls to call me, even though Morris threatened me, and when I went out to the Crusader page THEIR HOME FIELD IS LAWRENCE PARK. I felt the responsibility to go beyond the bullshit - eventhough once again we ended up on the short end of the stick, but still made something happen for someone else's org since I'm a self-serving bully.

Yal need to stay off this message board - its poison. Alot of you guys on here dont know shit.

Triggs

michael morris
hey LOL please if you are a player of the crusaders let the ownership take care of this stuff. I know that most teams are not use to new team doing things right but Us the crusaders will keep doing things the right way. Crusaders tuesday it all start.

Doing things the right way? I say disrespectful, arrogant jokers if you ask me.

Top 5 reasons the Marion Crusaders have done things the wrong way and why nothing good will come to you........karma is a b@tch...

1.) Stealing Coaches from the Indiana Generals
2.) Stealing players from any team out there, promising them the world.
3.) Trying to undercut teams for fields - Tornados practice field, Generals game field.
4.) Contacting and attempting to steal sponsors from other teams last year, telling them to 'sponsor us instead'.
5.) Stealing the Cleveland Cavaliers logo - way to be original! Have you ever heard of copyright infringement? Google the Cavs logo and then the Crusaders logo....nuff said!

BONUS - Bringing on cancer players who got banned from other teams last year and one getting banned for threatening to SHOOT his own teammates.

I can't wait for you guys to fold....have fun in the CRFL...i bet you win more fights during games than actual games themselves....but then again moral victories are hard to come by for some.

Yes, when you lay your head down at night, you might say you are doing it the 'right way', however, when the rest of semi-pro land puts their heads down at night, they know that the Crusaders are some jokers.

JOKERS
michael morris

Doing things the right way? I say disrespectful, arrogant jokers if you ask me.

Top 5 reasons the Marion Crusaders have done things the wrong way and why nothing good will come to you........karma is a b@tch...

1.) Stealing Coaches from the Indiana Generals
2.) Stealing players from any team out there, promising them the world.
3.) Trying to undercut teams for fields - Tornados practice field, Generals game field.
4.) Contacting and attempting to steal sponsors from other teams last year, telling them to 'sponsor us instead'.
5.) Stealing the Cleveland Cavaliers logo - way to be original! Have you ever heard of copyright infringement? Google the Cavs logo and then the Crusaders logo....nuff said!

BONUS - Bringing on cancer players who got banned from other teams last year and one getting banned for threatening to SHOOT his own teammates.

I can't wait for you guys to fold....have fun in the CRFL...i bet you win more fights during games than actual games themselves....but then again moral victories are hard to come by for some.

Yes, when you lay your head down at night, you might say you are doing it the 'right way', however, when the rest of semi-pro land puts their heads down at night, they know that the Crusaders are some jokers.

Jokers, Thank you for your concern on our team. Let’s address these concerns.

1) When the Crusaders asked Coach Mac to be the head coach for the Crusaders (OCT. 2011), the first thing Mac did was talk to Coach JT and got his blessings. NO STEALING THERE

2) All Crusader players have been with us for more than a month now. In semi-pro, players change teams year to year. Does that mean that we "stole players?" You’re an idiot if you believe that. If this was the case, then the Generals stole players form the Tornados in 2009, they stole players from the Stampede in 2009; they stole players from a lot of other teams in 2009 to establish one of the best organizations in the state of Indiana. Ask anyone of our players and they will tell you that we are well organized and the only thing we promise is to play on a well-organized team with a chance to with the CRFL Championship. Other than that, we don't promise anyone a starting spot, we don't promise anyone a chance at the next level and we sure as hell don't promise anyone money.

3) Tornados practice field has been solved. Our organization has talked to Triggs and apologized to him and he, being the classy guy he is, understood how hard it is to be a new team and get a field. No intentional uncut was made. Not once did we contact Roncalli about playing there for the season. We scheduled our first home game there due to the event we have going on and that Roncalli is a top notch facility

4) "Sponsor stealing" are you kidding me!! Stretching a little on this one.

5) What does our logo have anything to do with you?

BONUS- If every team in the state would turn down players that have done stupid things in the past, there would never be a team. I have no clue who you are talking about but I don't care either.

If you would take half the effort you are putting towards making the Crusaders look bad and put that towards you showing up to the Generals practice, then maybe they would have more than 15 players there. The Generals will always be a top team but its people like you that bring them down. Seems to me that they have a little more cancer on their team they need to get rid of.

Good luck this year Generals and I'm glad to hear about the IMS gig you guys picked up. That’s outstanding!!!

Crusaders Camp:
I assure you that noone on the Generals made this post. Whoever made this blast is extremely uninformed and upset for who knows why. That rant needed no response, coming from some idiot who probably got cut from peewee football 20 years ago and is still mad. The Generals hold no illwill towards the Crusaders and wish you all the luck to your organization as well as Coach Mack. We are interested in Generals Football and preparing for the 2012

As far as our low numbers, that has been addressed with a new head coach. A lot of work has been put in off the field, and I promise by 7-14, we will be as strong and as deep as ever ready to play.

Once again, good luck this season. We wish all teams from Indianapolis the best of luck.

Tony Laws
Indiana Generals

@Tony Laws. Eye smell bullshit! Better than ever? Eye know you are lying. Eye say this will be the fall of the Generals. You are starting to look like the Morgan Co. Broncos before they fell off and that team that lady Dee owned. Eye know what u will be doing at the Speedway. Eye did it back in the day with her team and they didn't even field a team that year! Eye say you are on life support. Eye say u will never regain your team! They are all playing some where else.

Eye

I have had enough of all this BS!
Are some Generals gone? Yes! Why? A few reason.
1. JT has stepped down as coach. QB Hibb played for JT. Those two are a lot closer than most know. They put in more time than most will ever know. They are great friends who worked great at semi-pro football together.The whole starting offense is gone due to JT being gone. NONE of them are playing for another team but Darrin. As for the guys who left for the crusaders. Those guys was teammates on the stampede and wanted to play together again. So what. get a life and move on everyone.

Eye in the Sky
@Tony Laws. Eye smell bullshit! Better than ever? Eye know you are lying. Eye say this will be the fall of the Generals. You are starting to look like the Morgan Co. Broncos before they fell off and that team that lady Dee owned. Eye know what u will be doing at the Speedway. Eye did it back in the day with her team and they didn't even field a team that year! Eye say you are on life support. Eye say u will never regain your team! They are all playing some where else.

Eye

EYE,

A. It's not top secret information on what we will be doing at the Speedway. I'm kind of amused as to why it matters so much.

B. Has the last month been ruff....YES....losing talent like Hibb is tough, but we have a very tough athletic QB ready to take his turn and lead the Generals.

C. Losing Coach JT...how do you replce someone like him...it's impossible to do. However, we have another tough young gun that is ready to Coach the Generals and has been heavily recruiting already and hasn't even held his first practice yet.

D. For the players that are playing on other teams, kudos for them.

E. Our team hit a few speedbumps, but what team doesnt? All I can say, is that on 7-14 we will be ready to play and WIN. Stay tuned to our roster as it is growing by the day.

F. I am excited about the future for the Generals. We haven't lasted for 12 years now by accident!

If you want to hear the rest of the alphabet, feel free to give me a call...I'm not hard to find. Hell, I'll even give you my number...317-833-6046...I'd rather answer in person than on some forum.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Tony Laws