supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Preseason Games

What are some of the big match ups during the preseason. I know some teams set up some good games.

Re: Preseason Games

Thats a good question I see teams tryin to find games but nobody has posted a match-up yet. Im a local fan and former player who would like to see some good games with no FIGHTS! Anybody guna take down the tornados and have braggin rights in the city? Wuts up with these new teams they ne good

We just want to brag about how good Minor League football is for the kids in the community... May 12th is still open for "US" to unite for one cause, leave the your ego out of this one - everyone wins...

Other than that, we dont want local braggin rights unless it for the kids...

Indiana Eagles vs. Marion County Crusaders
26 May 2012 @ 4:00PM
Lawrence Park (E. 56th ST. and Gleen RD.)
Indianapolis, IN

Tri-County Raiders vs Marion County Crusaders
2 June 2012 @ 7:00PM
Same location

Glad to see the crusaders chickend out and ran to he eagles for a game!!! Lol lol

scared of the tornados as well!

Lets face it nobody in the area is going to play u guys and risk injury physically and bruised egos. Dont get me wrong there are some teams that could probly match up skill wise, but the tornados size upfront is to much. bullys

Tornadoes travel to Terre Haute May 19 to face off against the Wildcats... Should be everything it is hyped up to be.

Damn their goin to Terre Haute in the preseason? U might see half of their team then, but it should be a good one none the less.

Zimmer, lets look back at the comment of size up front. last year a small team (compared to the tornados)from indy called the renegeades played the tornados and gave them a very good run for there money. score at half was 6-0 renegades. the game ended with a tornados win...all games have 4 quarters and renegades got out coached in the end. Renegades domonated a very big team for the first half of the game, i would say the average size up font for the renegades d line was 250, renegades o line was 290 and for the tornados o and d line was 350 easy. oh ya the first half ground game for the tornados was no more than 20 yards. the point of this post is size dosent matter heart does. I still dont think the crusaders would play them this year but maybe next year.

it dosent matter
Zimmer, lets look back at the comment of size up front. last year a small team (compared to the tornados)from indy called the renegeades played the tornados and gave them a very good run for there money. score at half was 6-0 renegades. the game ended with a tornados win...all games have 4 quarters and renegades got out coached in the end. Renegades domonated a very big team for the first half of the game, i would say the average size up font for the renegades d line was 250, renegades o line was 290 and for the tornados o and d line was 350 easy. oh ya the first half ground game for the tornados was no more than 20 yards. the point of this post is size dosent matter heart does. I still dont think the crusaders would play them this year but maybe next year.

Lol, the QB's were not even live (remeber this was a scrimmage w/ refs)... the Renegades QB was fearlessly steping up in the pocket like he was Tom Bradey... he would have been rattled out of his mind if not dead after the first two series... ask the Saints, Scorpions, Derby City, etc, what it looks like starring down a loaded barrell... the Tornados have hands down one of the best Defensive lines in the country... ask Nashville, Ok Thunder, etc - get real...

We'll play any local team in that format - a scrimmage with refs.. (QB in red jerseys etc.) We dont want to hurt anyones season or even our own... I thought the Renegades had big balls for stepping up, and I'm sure they "grew a pair" if they didn't have'em already. Ask any real coach, competition makes you better. Play against Go Go, LT, or Big Nate for a few series and you grow up real quick.. nice try but it is what it is...

I second that. Playing against the Renegades was the most frustrating game ever. The QB was off limits, BUT, they kept running options and rolling this cat out, and foreal, he was talking cash shit! It was kinda confusing, because we were being told to not touch him, and kid was playing like he had no fear. (knew we couldn't fold him up) Personally could have peeled his cap during the game numberous times! I commend them for stepping up, but that post was a FAIL!

MP

no disrespect to the tornados they have been a very good team for some time. You are right about the qbs not being live, but my point was the big men dont always win every battle. I said nothing about QBs if thats all you have to say about that game. Qbs are not in the trenches.
One play i remember vividly was a small 210 lb DE pushing back the biggest o linemen on the tornados playing LT... he prolly weiged 365 lbs. the play was stopped in the back field because of the small guy. actually i think that the DE domonated that side of the field the whole game.
Heart...do you have it?

MP48, read the post... says nothing about QBs. were the linemen live? post was not a waste.

Ok point made, I remember that play... That guy had heart that play...

dont know if yaw heard about what the mustangs did to the renegades at tab last year.... was it 200 yards of rushing in the first quarter???? I think so!!!! Dont understand how people get on here and brag bout scrimmage shit with no live quarterbacks or nothing.... I know if we dominated there dline im pretty sure the tornados would of had no problem.... By the way which team is still operating????

each team ran 15 plays, scrimmage was called off because the school didnt want a liability. i think the score was 14-7 or 7-0?? cant remember. if you say you ran the ball all over them why didnt the score reflect that? true the renegades are not around anymore, as i see it they are a bleep on the screen of the big picture. Good football teams win some and lose some everybody knows that. the renegade were a good single A team from indy but there biggest problem was attitude. everyone has some attutude can you control it?
much respect to triggs, but not mario 70. iv been on here long enough to not know who you are and nor do i care. here is where my posts end, good luck in the season to the tornados, mustangs and all teams.

Let me elaborate. Yes the trenches were live. We killed the O-line then couldn't finish the job. Is that not what you are getting out of this? Hence the QB playing with no fear because he knew we couldn't blast him comment, no? Still not getting it?? Oh yeah, about that huge lineman.....that was basically his tryout. Obviously it didn't workout. Ended up on the bench and no longer a Tornado. Soooooo, your point is?? Sorry you are done posting because truly your screen name says it all. Yo! Super Mario. Keep up the great effort. It will pay off.

MP

It doesn't matter, u made my point for me u said the renegades hung with them for awhile like two quarters then wut happned the SIZE took over. Coaching at this level is irrelevant. Theres a reason there are weight classes in wrestling and MMA same rules apply in football. btw ask ur girl if size matters
MP48 is it true that u guyz are back to 08 form? that was a hell of a team, wut vets are back? im an old man so i wouldnt know the new ones.

"coaching at this level irrelevant" I have to disagree with that. Case in point. Indiana cutters under Coach Slinkard was a true championship contender every year. after he left they was a joke. (I know they made it to the ship last year but in a cheap league). Dane hill with the chiefs. three ships in a row! JT took a generals team that was a joke and made them a championship team every year.
Coaching matters

Zimmer

MP48 is it true that u guyz are back to 08 form? that was a hell of a team, wut vets are back? im an old man so i wouldnt know the new ones.

Zimmer, we are far away from that but this team reminds me of how we began that journey. We, veterans, have ended every season with a heart break... and as you know, it takes a while for the talent to turn over. I think we've found a stride. That team in '08 loved to play with and for each other - we fought and argued like a bitch sometimes but when it was time to play, it was "all in". That's what I like about this group, we have "chemistry". There's not one guy on the team that has the elements of a "cancer". I hope it stays that way because in years past there were "assholes" among us...

@Zimmer. I would look at it from two perspectives. As a player on the O8' team it was easy to do your job when asked. We had so many veterans that were willing to step up when the game was on the line. We also had a couple young pups that rode with the Vets til the end. Turned out to be a great mix. I personally think some of us lost our way and began to carry ourselves wrong. In the end plenty of wins but unable to obtain the ultimate goal. There is a thin line between confidence and cockiness. I admit. I toe that line well. (was that cocky?) But that championship team is gone. New year, New Legacy. This years team, from a coaching perspective has energy and a great mix......we will see what the hard work brings.

MP