supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Generals

With the season about 3 months away, the Generals are still welcoming players to the team. As of now every position on the team is open. We need a few more players in key positions. Contact me if you are interested. indiana.generals@ymail.com

Re: Generals

RUMOR HAS IT THAT THE GENERALS CONTACTED THE NIGHTHAWKS TRYING TO GET THEM TO MERGE TEAMS. ANY TRUTH TO THIS???

Another rumor is that the Generals are attempting to lure a Butler University assistant to accept the head coaching and offensive coordinator job. What is the news on this?

No not true don't listen to rumors no merge.

The Nighthawks are trying to merge with anyone. They are like the neighborhood whore!

Thats funny

I love this board I really do people may blast it and people may say they don't read it but you what they do and they love it as well just won't admit it.
Rumors are just that rumors but if someone wants to do a little investigative work they can determine what is rumor and what is not.
Take the Generals for instance, rumors all over the place just depends on who you talk to, but they are playing the Tornadoes in a 7 on 7 this weekend and have a June 2nd game scheduled but the locations are not named.Their web site hasn't been updated this season and their schedule isn't posted.
The Nighthawks are like every other new team the rumors will be out there until they play their first league game but seriously folks they are in better shape than some teams and I'm sure are not looking to merge or fold. They have good coaching and strong leadership.Their web site is up to date and has lots of info on it, they have an equipment rep coming to practice and cheer tryouts doesn't sound like a team that needs to merge to me.
Just take a minute and look at what teams have done and where they stand in terms of web sites, game schedules and locations being made public, how many sponsors they have on board for 2012.
Money doesn't grow on trees and money is what it takes to operate the teams that have money in the bank and are posting their schedules and game locations are the ones that are ready for the season. Unless of course a team has a sugar daddy that is willing for foot the bill for all the expenses. Which is hard to find by the way

The website does need to be updated, however updating the website is the least of our concern at this point. Im not sure if you are aware of it or not but there are far more people who will visit a companies/organizations social media site than website...especially if you are targeting a specific audience. Also, Im sure you are not aware of it but the Generals have operated with very few sponsors the past 2-3 years and still manage to pay their bills. We are not like the Nighthawks who are a first year team that probably needs all the things they are doing. They seem to be doing things right and thats great for football and our league.

I will say the conspiracy theorist around the city, when it comes to semi pro football, are very entertaining.

Don't take offense JC11 was only pointing out that you guys are strong organization and will be ok as well as the new team Nighthawks.
The Generals do seem to operate without many sponsors and that is a credit to your organization and you have the ability to raise the money needed to not only pay the league bills but also to cover travel costs and such.
I believe Indianapolis is lucky to have and be able to support 4 teams in the area, Generals, Nighthawks, Tornadoes, and Crusaders

Oh no worries. I just wanted to make sure I pointed those things out. There are many reasons why players change teams and I would hate for any player be pushed away because something wasnt addressed thats all. Every team goes thru struggles and the Generals are no without struggles but we will be here this year and after.

I appreciate the message back and I agree with you.

Eye say, too many hugs and kisses in Indiana Semi Pro. Eye say you all scared to play each other. Eye say how much does it cost to operate a team that plays on a little league field for free???? BALLIN! Eye bet that broke the bank. Paying bills from the church GENERAL offering. Eye think you guy may be on life support since that little RB and his friends took they ball and went home. Oops, sorry Eye meant made C-NATION!

Indianapolis not only has the Generals, Nighthawks, Tornados, and Crusaders but also is joined by the Indiana Eagles, Naptown Scorpions, and Indianapolis Destroyers.

Cities the size of Indianapolis often have 7-10 teams, such as Cincinnati, Chicago (more then 10), and St. Louis.

Eye in the Sky
Eye say, too many hugs and kisses in Indiana Semi Pro. Eye say you all scared to play each other. Eye say how much does it cost to operate a team that plays on a little league field for free???? BALLIN! Eye bet that broke the bank. Paying bills from the church GENERAL offering. Eye think you guy may be on life support since that little RB and his friends took they ball and went home. Oops, sorry Eye meant made C-NATION!

The Generals play their home games at Roncalli High School. Look it up, one of the best facilities and turf fields in the state. Who plays on a little league field for free?