supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indiana Generals Partnering with Indianapolis Motor Speedway

I am proud to announce that after years of trying to land this contract, the deal for the Indiana Generals and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has been struck. The Indiana Generals will be working the Indianapolis 500 as well as the Brickyard 400 to help raise money for our organization - up to $10,000. With this deal being signed, the Generals are able to make our player's fees as low as $50, down from $200 last season. It also helps us get better jerseys as well as pay for team buses to our away games. If you are interested in playing for the Indiana Generals for the 2012 season, please contact myself or the team President Justin Carter. Our info is on our website. www.indianagenerals.com

Thanks,

Tony Laws
Indiana Generals

Re: Indiana Generals Partnering with Indianapolis Motor Speedway

pickin up trash after the events eye see nothin new 4 the generals they be pickin up trash 4 years

I usually do not respond to ignorant rants, however,
if you read, it says nothing about picking up trash. We will be working the day of the race, not the day after picking up trash. However, if they were to offer us to do that and pay us $6,000 - I will be leading the way.

Even EYE think this is a good thing. Good on ya Generals! That is what EYE call moving forward!!!

Eye

That's a big endorcement and lot of money! Good for you Generals. Im looking for a team that dont have to pay that much to play. When is ur next practice?

Our next practice is tomorrow 5-3 at
Ellenberger Park
5301 East Saint Clair Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Start time is at 6:00 p.m.

We are always looking to become bigger/better/faster. Roster doesnt lock until 6-24. Come on out and join the family of the Indiana Generals as we strive for a MSFL Championship. We would be glad to have you and see what you can do.

Tony Laws

Nothing but good news here. No team will be without struggles but just because we are quiet does not mean we are gone! :) Lets Go!

Props
That's a big endorcement and lot of money! Good for you Generals. Im looking for a team that dont have to pay that much to play. When is ur next practice?

I hate to be an ass but this needs to be called out as a possible attempt to trying to be a little more than you really are.

This post just "happens" to have the Generals email address and Generals website attached to it as well as the post from Tony Laws. If you don't delete them before your next post, they automatically carry over to your next post

If you're going to carry on a conversation with yourself how about deleting the website and email line on the info blocks before posting. Just too suspicious for me.

Now if you want to impress us, define partner with the speedway. What are you doing to be a "Partner".
You ruled out trash picker. Give your potential teammates a little clue as to what they are going to have to do to earn that money.

Good one Willows, not the first time someone has made that mistake, I think that this should be expalined and in no uncertain term so that everyone knows exactly what kind of deal was struck I mean come on something this huge should never be left open ended and allow opinions to run rampant. There are several instances where this person has carried on a conversation with himself. Hey at least this way he never loses one. I hope the guy can count straight and equal.

I play for an MSFL team. I heard the league worked something out where we can go and work to earn money for our teams. Maybe the Generals were the brains? Sounds cool.

Indiana Warriors did something similar in 2008... 10k seems like a high number - but who knows...

So you all just. Have to work just on race day both races and get 10000 thats a really good deal. When I played with the indy. Tornadoes back in the grass roots league back in the day. We worked for deer creek concerts and they paid us. Not that much but everything helps in semi pro football been in it for 12 years.

The way it sounds, the Generals reached out to other MSFL teams to help their league members out. Nothing wrong with that. Don't like they didn't invite you, join the MSFL. And it says up to $10,000 for both races, that's $5,000 a race. I know for a fact that they pay up to $6,000 if you bring 60 people to clean up trash the next day. So even though $10,000 seems like a large amount, when you bring that many people and work that many hours on two seperate occasions, it's not that much per person at the end of the day. As for the details, that's their business to share on exactly what they will be doing. I know that our owner talked to us and we know all the details. We appreciate the Generals reaching out and giving us a chance to raise money to help out our own team. A little bit goes a long way. Why do the details matter anyway? Hell, they said if you want to know details give them a call. And I'm sure if they think you should know, then they will tell you. The 'partner' concept, any organization working for the speedway in any way shape or form, is 'partnering' with them. How about stop hating and ask your own team what they are doing positive? Typical semi-pro talk.

I will say its legit and real. As for the email and website thing...anyone can put whatever email they want and any website when they post. It doesn't take a genius to see that. As for us partnering with the speedway.....all that needs to be said is that we will be helping them out and in turn they are helping us.

So I hear the generals snitched on the crusaders for using the cavs logo and got them into some shit. That's just dirty just because you mad no one wants to play with you you got to try to mess with a new team. Just sayin if you wanted to beat them you should have done it on the field not been some snitches

I will only say a few things about this and then I would like for it to drop!!! Yes, there was an "ANONYMOUS" phone call that was made to the Cleveland Cavaliers' Marketing department about the Crusaders' logo. One thing I can tell you that I have learned from being a police officer is that there is NO SUCH THING AS AN ANONYMOUS CALL!! You know who you are and I know who you are however, I will be the bigger man and leave it at that. The Crusaders were in the wrong for using a similar logo as the Cavaliers, so I will take full responsibility for that. We are currently in the process of changing our logo and thank the lord our jersey weren't completed!!!
To this "ANONYMOUS" caller, if you truly believe that making us change a logo is going to tear down what we had built in such a short time you are sadly mistaken. You think that we went after certain team’s players, coaches, sponsors and home fields before, you haven't seen anything yet. I promise you that you don't have one person on you organization that is more persuasive than I and my goal now is to expose you for who you truly are.

Couple things stick out here. First you say ur the bigger man and will drop it, then you rant and rant making threats....doesnt sound like ur being what u say is the 'bigger man'. Next, if the generals did call, that is a low blow...who gives a hoot aboit someones logo unless ot was theres they was stealing....but if u did copy the cavs logo, then u are to blame...are you not? Don't do a crime and then get made someone called the police on u. And since u ARE the police, u should know the law...Next, the generals have been a classy team for years, and besides some rumors and the logo thing, seems like u two teams are doing things right...whatever the beef is, call each other and get a game and settle it on the field...all this bullshit talk ain't solving nothing, play a damn game or shut the f@ck up. If they called the cavs, bush league, if you copied the logo, thats just stupidity. Its becoming a boring story. Ur in different leagues, don't play each other, its only makin us all look like childish idiots playing bush league ball. Whatever ur problem, settle on the field, or on the phone. Wash ur dirty laundry instead of hangind piss soaked sheets on the line for all to see makin the hole neighborhood look bad. Im tired of hearin bout the crusaders already and u aint played shit.

Im fed up with da crusaders and i aint even seen em' play. O yeah, they aint ever won a game. Wait they haven't played a game. Step on the field and play a game b4 u talk all this shit. Jmorris everytime u open ur mouth to speak about how powerful and influential u r it sounds like u tryin to overcompensate 4 somethin real small...and why u have beef with first the tornadoes and then da generals mayb u the problem. sounds to me like u takin short cuts. A cop should know better than to steal a corprate logo, u only have YOURSELF to blame on that one. U put yourself in that situation, whats it matter if it got called, how many people have u arrested that used the excuse "im only here cuz i got told on"...No you are in here because u broke the law...get it...count yoself lucky the Cavs didt shut ur whole operation down with a lawsuit which is their right and they easily could have done! Earn your respect on the field, your only making your team look like clowns on here. Dont get all butthurt cuz some1 called u out on being lame...i know one thing i aint going to a crusaders game this year, wait...did u steal the name crusaders as well? Get yo WeiGht up COPPER

Man who gives a f if someone call the CEO of the Cavs????? I'm seriously over the the I'm a big guy routine.....you are obviously talking about the Generals and you think that just bc you don't mention our name its you being the bigger person. I'm over all the attacks on my team from your team over what you assume is happening. You think we give a fuck you have SOME of our old players??? Who cares that jim allen is using sponsors he used with us.....they are relationships he built not the team and as far as the coach......EVERYONE that's a General is happy for coach mac.....he is a great guy and deserves the be calling the shots. You think just bc you have have tapped into some of our organization that we automatically are disgruntled......wrong! Give it up.....yes it makes for good drama but if you do not know by now people will fake shit to start shit. I don't know how many times I have tried to talk about this shit in private but just about every fucking post about this shit is someone from the crusaders office crying about the fucking generals. I already told you anything that I have a problem with I take it to the source....I have and will continue to do so. I'm a passionate and respectful person.....I hold myself to a high standard but enough is enough. I can't take anymore of it lol.

I offered to pay for a new design....I work with thousands of graphic artist and only asked you too tell me why you "knew" it was a General that called...I got nothing. But now I see a post about it.

This won't be settled bc there are too many vindictive people now days....they wont play a game either. So that is out......

So just so you know.....we are not concerned, worried or scared of what you think or even can do......we will continue to build our organization as a class act team it has been for years.