General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Fallen Brother

R.I.P. #58

I offer my condolence to the family of Dave Coleman Jr and the Jay County Panthers on behalf of the Indy Tornados. Let this serve as a reminder that we are not promised tomorrow and that we are truly blessed to play this game “for the love” and to be appreciative to the fact when we walked away from this game unscathed. God bless…

Last Saturday May 12, 2012, linebacker and offensive lineman for the Jay County Panthers, #58 David Coleman Jr, was killed during a pre-season game against the Northwest Ohio Knights in Toledo, Ohio. The official cause of death was not spinal injury as previously reported, but a burst Aorta. David autopsy came back clean and he was in good health is no conditions that may have caused this to happen. The film is still being secured by the league, but coaches from both teams declared the hit to be legal and the referees at the game threw no flag. This tragic accident has left 5 daughters, a wife, a brother, and others with one person missing in their life forever.

The outpouring of thoughts and prayers and condolences has been outright astonishing. Individuals, Teams, and Leagues across the nation and even Canada have expressed their support for both teams, and David’s family.

The Crossroads Football League has purchased memorial #58 helmet stickers with a purple Panther paw behind. Players in the entire league will be wearing them this entire year. Other teams have also expressed interest in wearing the stickers. If your team is interested, please contact the league commissioner John Jackson for purchase information. All proceeds will go directly to the David Colemen Fund. A few teams have already begun plans for fundraisers in order to help Colmen’s famly.

All donations for David’s family can be sent to:
Dave Coleman II Memorial,
First Federal Bank,
P.O. Box 429
Napoleon, OH 43545

Services for Dave Coleman will be Thursday 2pm till 8 pm and Funeral Friday. Location is at
Rodenberger Funeral Home,
1010 west Moreland Avenue,
Napoleon, OH 43545,