supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Too Soon for the Panthers ..

Being a coach/owner for 13 yrs and playing college ball. I guess the get back on the horse and ride again mentality has been set in my mind and I have pushed the team to fast to get back on the field, we have many guys that are in the grieving process and not ready to face a game and the reality of the fallen brother not being beside them. We are back to practice and hitting but when you still have guys breaking down or afraid to touch the field it is too soon.we could have took the field Saturday night but without Daves brothers and many of his teammates thate has played with him since pee wee and I just don't think that would be fair to the entire Panther Family. The players want to take the field for the first time on June 16thth the CRFL Dave Coleman Jr MEMORIAL Kickoff weekend. The Panthers will be having a Benefit supper Jun 9th from 4 till 8 pm in Portland to raise money for the memorial fund for his daughters I would like to invite any semi pro team or fan to come and celebrate the life of dave coleman and support the cause. I have spoke with the Destroyers and they are very understanding. If anyone want to attack the team for not playing yet direct it towards me and not my players, my team is going through enough I will take the bashing... R.I.P Dave Coleman. Zeb Sutton - Jay County Panther Coach

Re: Too Soon for the Panthers ..

The direct effect that is felt by your team is unimagineable, I know of guys retiring just by hearing the story. There is nothing that can prepare you for this situation, but you represent your team/league with class. You're all in my prayers
God Bless

No one in football, from the NFL - Pee wee can possibly know exactly what your team is going through, unless they have been there themselves. Our prayers and best wishes go out to you and the entire Panther family. Hopefully 6-16 and the start of the CRFL season gives you guys a little closure, and a reason to keep playing, in this young man's honor. Good luck this season and God Bless.

Generals

The Indianapolis Tornados send our sincere condolences to the Jay County Panthers. We can't imagine what you all are going through. The shockwaves of this tragic event have richocet throughout the semi-pro community locally, as well as abroad. If there is anything our organization can do, you have our support.

Mike Perkins
O.C. Indianapolis Tornados

Coach Sutton there should be no one attacking or bashing you or your team. You guys are dealing with a really tough loss right know. I think that would be a great time to come back and play some football on the CRFL Dave Coleman Jr MEMORIAL Kickoff weekend. I wish you and the Panther's the best of luck this year. My prayers go out to the family and friends of Mr. Coleman. Keep your head up and stay strong.

Dennis Morris
Minor League Football News Hall Of Fame "Class Of 2009"
AFA Hall Of Fame "Class of 2010"
American Football News Hall of Fame "Class of 2011"

Coach Sutton, from the Naptown Scorpions our prayers and thoughts are with you, and team. The impact of wat you guys dealing with is unimaginable, anyone player or team that would attack you or your team for not playing needs to really look in, the mirror and check themselves. Someone lost a brother father son and a friend. Some people need a serious reality check, and we will pray for them as well. Anything tht we can do to help we are here....