supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How can the playing field be equal, when the GDFL now have paid teams mixed in with the semi pro tea

With the UNFL not playing till 2013 and they are paying there players but for this season the unfl are having there teams play in the gdfl and the unfl rosters are getting paid. How is this going to be fair to most of the league that are true semi pro teams.

Re: How can the playing field be equal, when the GDFL now have paid teams mixed in with the semi pro

Concerned fan...you are just a novice fan that needs guidance...one day I may take you under my wing and show you the ropes of being a top notch fan...in the mean time listen to reason...on the surface it may appear the non paid teams are at a huge disadvantage but in reality this is just not the case. It's not like the players are being paid massive amounts of money which would enable them to quit their jobs and center their life around football. Just a little extra spending money...flashy cleats and fancy gloves don't make the football player!

Re: How can the playing field be equal, when the GDFL now have paid teams mixed in with the semi pro

Got doggit Football Fan! That is what Eye am talking about. That is how you respond to a post. All that other idiocy dilutes your opinion. Stay the course! Stop being a ferel (untamed) poster. You show promise with this answer. SAYS EYE!

Eye

Where do you draw the line?

How much money is enough to be considered an actual professional and not a "semi-professional" anymore?

I don't have a problem with a league allowing paid teams in, but there is an undeniable advantage in being able to pay your players. Even if it's only a couple hundred bucks a game.

What is the advantage? My brain tells me there are teams on this site that would welcome any challenge.

Not to worry about players getting paid. Payed players will just cause internal conflict between the players and cause a a team on individuals. Plus a team will never have deep enough pockets to pay the players what they promised for the entire season. a good analogy would be a boxer who on paper looks like a stud, but has a glass jaw and only needs a couple of head shot early and they will buckle.