supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
generals vs revo

Generals lose 38-20 both teams sucked there was kno D in this game wow , I see generals having a bad yr and revos maybe 500

Re: generals vs revo

i was at the same game the revo had defense, because the generals did not score at all after halftime.

Everyone is negative...this is how i saw it. this game was well played and ended without a fight. The revo looked very good and have nice running tandom. They brought the house on defense which played to the generals weakness, the oline. Generals lineman were playing both ways. Good clean game with minimal penalties. Both teams looked like they have pieces that IF they come together and as a team they can make some noise. THis can go either way for both teams....Generals can take this loss and become hungry and get back to hard work, or they can crawl into a hole and lose lots of games this year. Who knows what will happen. Revo can become cocky that they beat a undermanned Generals team that isnt where they were at this time last year, or they can take this win and celebrate the weekend and get back to business and fix mistakes that they made....both teams made. Who knows what will happen. Dont bash these two teams, the crystal ball is still cloudy. And if you want to bash them, then dont be a BI TCH and post as bogus name...yes you may say that I posted a bogus name, but im not being negative am I? Take this game in stride gentlemen...and be lucky you walked off the field able to play this great game again soon.

EYE think this is a great reply and yes very positive which is hard to believe anyone could be so positive after such a defeat. I put my EAR to the ground and listened real close but still couldn't hear anything positive being said about this game for the G-Nation.
EYE am not worried though because Tony Laws will right the ship and get the cash cow going in the right direction.
EYE will say this it is June 2nd and if you don't have any linemen by now you really aren't going to have any linemen are you. EYE could be dead wrong but with so many teams in the Indy area it is going to be hard to get linemen at late stage in the game.
I will keep my EAR to the ground and like everyone else wait and listen to see what will happen next but EYE can say this and you better get you EAR ready to listen. The M.S.F.L. is not a league that you can win in with no line without a good line in that league you will be lucky to finish 500 or better.
But hey even though this was such a poor excuse for a game I'm still the #1 FOOTBALL FAN

Positive thinker is right.
The revo looked very solid on D and got thier act together 2nd half. They have sine decent talent and coaching and are aggressive on d.
The Generals played very well first half and looked like they were running away with it until halftime.
Player wise - they need 4-5 men in the middle to be solid and more of a running game.
They also need the coaching staff to get more active when things gobwrong.

When the Generals were up 20-14 in the second wye, I saw Jack get the revo together on the sideline.
I was two rows up so I couldn't hear what he said to his team- but they broke the meeting and went out to finish the game.
They then scored the final 24 points in the game.
I play for neither team. I rooted forva good game. I thnk I saw it.
I may suggest to those who really feel it was a bad game, the Colts play in September. Go buy a ticket to see them and start a blog saying how mad you are that they didn't meet your standards as a "fan".

Good luck to both teams this year.

John

Wow you say that all they need is 4 or 5 guys in the middle well they really don't have any linemen do they.
I am really looking forward to this season and seeing all the different teams in Indy.
I want to attend at least one game for each of them.
Each will be different in their own way and each will have their work cut out for them. I'm looking forward to the game between the Generals and Nighthawks as well as the game between the Crusaders and Force those two game will tell everyone how those two team seasons will go. A loss for either of them will be devastating.

it's amazing that "the game ended without a fight" had to be mentioned as a positive. Good to see there were no cry baby pussies playing for these 2 teams.

I was at the game and I was suprised at how bad the Gnenerals looked. I was also suprised at how well the Revo played. The game was a little sloppy like a first preseason game can be. The Revo was ready to play while the Generals looked like they was about to have a walk through practice. At halftime the Revo made some adjustments and came out ready to finish the game. The Generals again was just there to take up space on a field. Ther was no coaching @ all by the Generals. A lack of leadership and Coaching showed as the Generals faded to nothing as the game came to a end. I think the thing that suprised the fans the most was how well the Generals took the lose. It was almost as if they knew they was going to lose. The Revo will be a true contender in the CRFL if they can open up their offense a little bit more. The Revo have a solid Defense that was missing a few players that will only get better. As for the Generals. A lack of a running game, no oline, no dline and a true lack of coaching points to what a lot of people are thinking, the Generals will FOLD!

Who was the General who got whiffed on the kick off return by the Revo return man that was a classic example of someone getting faked out of their jock strap.
I hope he is doing ok he instantly started limping when he got faked out sure hope the only thing hurt was his pride

Eye am honored to have become sort of iconic here on this Ol' messageboard. To be referenced in someone else's post, let's just say EyE tip my brim to you Sir. No negative words for this weekend's games. Keep it clean. Eye am blessed and happy to be a part of 2012 Semi-pro football!

EyE

Where is my jock
Who was the General who got whiffed on the kick off return by the Revo return man that was a classic example of someone getting faked out of their jock strap.
I hope he is doing ok he instantly started limping when he got faked out sure hope the only thing hurt was his pride

You already know who that general player was, and you probably dont like am...why else make this post? Especially since the Generals actually gained by him missing. That player was hurt before the game, didnt practice all week, as his right foot has been completely black and blue for the last two weeks. He had no cutting ability and was surprised he got down there that fast, and probably shouldnt have been on kickoff, but his heart kept him out there. If you noticed he ran about 8 yards past the back of the end zone, because besides cutting, he couldnt put any pressure on his heel and had to ease to a stop. But doubt you noticed that either. Who else do you know that just keeps running 10 yards out of the play. When he did miss, the guy took the ball out of the endzone and got smoked at the three yd line, so thanks again for watching, for that guy has more heart than you ever will. If anything, you should say something about how the Revo player made an idiotic play and took the ball out of the endzone.

Kevin Horsley
I was at the game and I was suprised at how bad the Gnenerals looked. I was also suprised at how well the Revo played. The game was a little sloppy like a first preseason game can be. The Revo was ready to play while the Generals looked like they was about to have a walk through practice. At halftime the Revo made some adjustments and came out ready to finish the game. The Generals again was just there to take up space on a field. Ther was no coaching @ all by the Generals. A lack of leadership and Coaching showed as the Generals faded to nothing as the game came to a end. I think the thing that suprised the fans the most was how well the Generals took the lose. It was almost as if they knew they was going to lose. The Revo will be a true contender in the CRFL if they can open up their offense a little bit more. The Revo have a solid Defense that was missing a few players that will only get better. As for the Generals. A lack of a running game, no oline, no dline and a true lack of coaching points to what a lot of people are thinking, the Generals will FOLD!

As far as the Generals taking the loss so well....isnt that what 'true champion attitude' is supposed to do? WHat should they have done....start fighting? They did the only thing they could have done, accept that they got beat and start to get better as soon as the game ended....which they did by doing cardio. What I did notice was there was no throwing helmets, no one acting a fool, no players fighting among themselves. Last year they would have self destructed after a loss. Obviously they got rid of their 'cancer players'. Kudos.
They were not content that they lost and will not FOLD. Wishful thinking will get you nowhere. As much as you want them to fold they are still here. They will do just fine. Coaching will learn from this game as well. Players will be there for the season the 20 that are on the roster and were not present. Funny how you say the Revo were missing players but didnt mention the 20 Generals players not there. Wait and see.

This will be all I say about this game.

The revolution deserved to win that game and out played us. We did what we could do with what we had. We make no excuses for the loss and we are not ok with the loss. Anyone who thinks we were there to take up space or that we were ok with losing is an idiot and has no clue. We are true champions and has bad as it sucks to lose we have to lose with class just as we do with winning. We are an ORGANIZATION not just a team. We will fix what is broken and be better than before bc of this lose. Also, we have great coaches on our sidelines and once they have us at the top don't be running to the Generals like you knew we would bounce back. But trust me.....its gonna happen.

Last thing.....hell of a game by the revolution. They would be a force in any league. Great sportsmanship to which is hard to find and obviously a surprise to many when teams play great games and have no conflict. Good luck this season!

Wow JC wake up man. Your coaches are jokes. You ran the same five plays the whole game. Don't worry about people running back to you guys, what you need to worry about is the players in the parking lot talking about running to other teams.

Thats the thing.....im not worried about the jokers.....they dont concern me or this team....I'm more focused on the guys who want to give their everything for the guys next to them. The coaches will.be fine. You can only do so much when you have what we started with. I appreciate your opinion and point of view. Its motivating.