supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tornados Legacy of Champions Dinner with Barry Krauss

As the Indianpolis community regroups from the most intense racing weekend in sports, the entire Indianapolis Tornado organization would like to inform our beloved city of a very special event that is approaching in the next two weeks. Your 2008 NAFL National Champion Indianapolis Tornados will be having their Legacy of Champions Dinner to celebrate 10 years of football in Indianapolis on June 15th starting at 6:00 P.M.

The headlining speaker will be the original founder of the Tornados, Barry Krauss. Barry was a former NFL Linebacker and was drafted sixth overall in the 1979 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Colts. You will not want to miss the chance to hear the man who made such a signifcant difference in our community.

This special event will be taken place at the Silver Centre Event Hall located at 10710 Pendleton Pike Suites B, C, D, Indianapolis, IN. The tickets are $60.00 per person and there will be open bar at the event. Do yourself a favor and comeout to the event and see how far your Indianapolis Tornados have come over the years. This will be a great opportunity to be in the presence of a terrific group of legendary icons.

Former Tornados players and Staff, please get in touch with me asap... We have sponsored tables for you to sit at, but I need your reservation. Please call or text me, 317-697-4033. Triggs

Re: Tornados Legacy of Champions Dinner with Barry Krauss

Duz aneone see this? Why pay $60 to hear some haz been talk? Nads are a joke. Get real wit urself. 2008 league chumps, live in the now cuz. you guys suck. if it werent for yall talkin trash all the time sayin u da best people wouldnt hate u so much. u aint better than the next team, and yup you are semi pro, call urselves minor league if you want, u guys are whack. $60 HAH! r u kidding? whats the money goin to? ur pockets? go aheas and rsvp me out! for this pricetag, this is surely gonna flop. i wouldnt even go meet the colts for that.

Kudos, Sir Triggs. Glad to see this happen.
A mutual friend friend of ours saisd hello from Illinois. Ill email you the specifics.

Vince

I seldom post here but when I see incorrect facts I have to reply.

I give Kudos to Barry in all he has done but he is not the origin of the Indianapolis Tornado's

The person who started the Tornadoes is IRA Johnson and his son Kevin who in turn turned over / sold the team to Ken Smith ( Richmond Invaders ) who brought Barry on board.

The Tornado's are one of the start up teams from the defunct Grass Roots Football League

In 1999 Ira Johnson, the former commissioner of the Grass Roots Football League, decided to start up the Indianapolis Tornado's again. The Tornado's had been on hiatus for a couple of years after winning 3 GRFL championships from 1993 to 1997.

the website link has the old logos included is the Madison County Chiefs and several old teams.

What a laugh! Way to know your roots. Everyone the circus is in town...tickets only $60!

Coach B
I seldom post here but when I see incorrect facts I have to reply.

I give Kudos to Barry in all he has done but he is not the origin of the Indianapolis Tornado's

The person who started the Tornadoes is IRA Johnson and his son Kevin who in turn turned over / sold the team to Ken Smith ( Richmond Invaders ) who brought Barry on board.

The Tornado's are one of the start up teams from the defunct Grass Roots Football League

In 1999 Ira Johnson, the former commissioner of the Grass Roots Football League, decided to start up the Indianapolis Tornado's again. The Tornado's had been on hiatus for a couple of years after winning 3 GRFL championships from 1993 to 1997.

the website link has the old logos included is the Madison County Chiefs and several old teams.

I'm with you Coach B, but your missing the point. Ken Smith did not bring back the "Grassroots" Tornados (hence the change of colors, logo, climate, culture, etc). He built the foundation for what you see today. So when we brought the Tornados back - its was an extension of Barry and his vision, not Ken's and his comrades. We are celebrating 10 years in which (if you know anything about the Tornados past), we can be proud of the purple and gold, the many bonds and friendships formed, under the umbrella of a icon like Barry. If you've ever met Barry in person, he's a life changer.

On a side note, all the old Tornados (black and red), know we are not the same Tornados! Believe me I have met several in my years as president, and each one is proud that the name is still alive and respected.

No disrespect taken Coach B, just wanted to let you know I'm with you.

Hmmmm
Duz aneone see this? Why pay $60 to hear some haz been talk? Nads are a joke. Get real wit urself. 2008 league chumps, live in the now cuz. you guys suck. if it werent for yall talkin trash all the time sayin u da best people wouldnt hate u so much. u aint better than the next team, and yup you are semi pro, call urselves minor league if you want, u guys are whack. $60 HAH! r u kidding? whats the money goin to? ur pockets? go aheas and rsvp me out! for this pricetag, this is surely gonna flop. i wouldnt even go meet the colts for that.

Just in case you wanted to know