supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"posted in another thread....WARNING"

Eye have been flying high, however, Eye have seen a good spot to land and comment on an observation Eye made. Eye see it as disrespectful how some tear down the accomplishments of certain organizations who have been successful for YEARS, but also want to issues a warning. Eye SEE the teams that feel they are LEGENDARY to Indiana Semi Pro. The individuals that play or played for them see themselves as Kings of the Mountain. The Generals, Tornados, and Mustangs have repectively run the yard for the last few years. (yes, Eye included the Mustangs and you should too!) Kudos to the Elite, but know you are currently UNDER THE GUN. What have you done to preserve and ensure the future of your organizations? As the ELITE, have you become self-serving organizations or are you in this for the expansion of INDIANA semi-pro? Eye would like an answer to that please. Eye SEE the "Young Bucks" They are up and coming. Who will accomodate the new talent? Are the new teams and organizations the right fit to produce future CHAMPIONS, or is this just a play thing or phase that the owner is going through? ("I think I want a team") Are the front offices of the so called elite strong enough to churn out talent and dedicate to the future EVEN if certain people step away? Is your team built around ONE person and his affiliates? Eye want to hear future plans.....anything else is living for today! SAYS EYE!

Eye

Re: "posted in another thread....WARNING"

Thanks for calling us 'Elite' Mr. Eye. We have worked countless hours to preserve the Generals brand. We try to be winners off the field AND on at all times. To no surprise there has been some rebuilding done. But that time is about over, just in time for the MSFL season. Only time will tell if it will be successful on the field.
Off the field we have been working as well. We have brought in a new coaching staff. Brought in a recruiting manager. Renewed our devotion to our charitable cause, Sheltering Wings. They are the true champions. The people that run that shelter are true heros and teach us to be humble.
We have signed a contract to work with IMS for this year, with the option of possibly years to come. If you happen to go to an Indians game, come to the concession stand by section 118, and you will most likely see Generals players there working alongside Roncalli families to help generate money for 'Future Foundations of Roncalli'. It is an endowement fund set up through Victory Field to assist kids and help them lower their tuition costs. The Indiana Generals have worked their tails off to help give back to the community that has blessed us so much over the years. And God willing, the best is yet to come. Good luck to all of semi pro this season. Hopefully what you get out of this will be positive and last you a lifetime.

Eye: thanks for being a fan of the Generals, hope you catch some exciting games this year. I for one am a fan of 'Eye'.

Tony Laws
Indiana Generals

These things look good to my EYE. True character is built when adversity is present. The ground work is in place. The gauntlet has been thrown down. The BAR is high. Do not allow your minds to be mislead by naysayers and soothes! We are in the days of the "ORGANIZATION" and "PROGRAM" building. Who else is putting in work. Speak now. SAYS EYE!

Eye

I think it's harder for the 3 Elite organizations to get players because all these new teams promise players the world. I know the Mustangs have had players play pro, I know the Tornados have. Not too familiar with the Generals but it wouldn't surprise me. It just seems players buy into a lot of crap from teams anymore. I love the Mustangs and respect the other 2. Have freinds that play for all 3. I know after a few weeks guys will flock to these 3. As soon as there start up team gets blown out they jump ship and seek better situations. Also they have a better chance avoiding their player fees. Smh...

Last year didn't the mustangs quit at half cause they where getting there ass beat versus the Wildcats? And you call them elite. Please weak ass bitches! Tornados get respect and generals maybe we will see after Jeremy not JT. They would get smashed by the Wildcats this year but who wouldn't they are by far one of the best teams in the nation.

Eye have included the Mustangs because they just won't die. Eye "do" understand what happened last year and believe Eye when Eye say it, Eye put them as Elite only for their survival tactics. We will see if they make any strides this year and show recovery. If they do not, Eye will only recognize them for their continued existance, not their football prowess. SAYS EYE

Eye

this year
Last year didn't the mustangs quit at half cause they where getting there ass beat versus the Wildcats? And you call them elite. Please weak ass bitches! Tornados get respect and generals maybe we will see after Jeremy not JT. They would get smashed by the Wildcats this year but who wouldn't they are by far one of the best teams in the nation.

Not trying to dog on the wildcats, but how can you say they are by far one of the best teams in the nation when they have barely played anyone out of the state?

I am strickly going on talent on the field along with great coaching from my point of view. I have seen several team from out of state and for a small town those men got it. The question will be can they keep it for years to come. Well organized, well coached and sound in all 3 sides of the ball. Specialties might be there strongest aspect which is rare in Semipro football. Go watch some of these teams the tornados n generals play n then watch the wildcats. This is how I said one of the best organizations I have seen to date.

Good explanation. I watched the Tornados and Generals last year and they both seemed to have their gamefaces on. Not sure what happened to the Tornados at the start of this season. The Generals have a first year coach and a lot of holes they had to fill. Can't really expect to much after the coaches first preseason game as a semi pro coach. I watched their practice last night, and they are NOT the team i watched lose against the revolution. I have not seen a wildcats game, but will change that this weekend. Maybe after this weekend I will believe you. One things the wildcats benefit from that the Generals and Tornados dont.....only the Wildcats are from Terre Haute.....There are about 80 teams in INDY, Kudos for the Generals and Tornados for staying strong while all the 'free agents' jump ship only to find out the grass wasnt greener. Should be a fun weekend of football.

Tornados are fine. To answer your question. New faces in new places. Offensive overhaul. Couple new faces on Defense learning the system. All is well though. Every team is entitle time to gel. We just never had to do so in the past. Strong, focused front office and Staff. #GO TORNADOS

Mike Perkins
Offensive Coordinator
Indianapolis Tornados

***Next Game***
When: June 16, 2012
Where: Park Tudor High School
Kick-off: 7:00pm

Ear likes what Ear hears out of Generals camp. All of these things seem like you are in the right track. Good things come from those who give back to the community. MP48....the things you said are all good, but not sure if you answered Eye's post. Maybe Ear is wrong. Good luck to all teams tonight!

Ear is out