supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRFL on the Menu

A man sat at a metro station in Washington DC and started to play the violin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about 45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated that thousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way to work.

Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musician playing. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurried up to meet his schedule.

A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threw the money in the till and without stopping continued to walk.

A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, but the man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was late for work.

The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother tagged him along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist.

Finally the mother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all the time. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents, without exception, forced them to move on.

In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed for a while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. He collected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no one noticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.

No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the top musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces ever written,with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.

Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theater in Boston and the seats average $100.

This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the metro station was organized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment about perception, taste and priorities of people. The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour: Do we perceive beauty?

Do we stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context?

One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be: If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things are we missing?

To get this out of the way, I am not comparing John Jackson or Tyler Peckham to Josha Bell, nor am I comparing the CRFL to a 3.5 million dollar violin or a piece of Bach. What I am trying to do is to get people to take a moment to stop & listen, make sure you are looking @ the whole picture & to make sure there is nothing that you may be missing.

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
~Martin Luther King Jr. (1963)

Well, John Jackson & Tyler Peckham "Had a Dream". Their dream was to make other people's dreams possible!

A dream of someone wanting to start their own team to have a place to play.

A dream of a Coach to have a team to have a place to play.

A dream of a player that has a full time job, a family of four to provide, to have a team to have a place to play.

The CRFL was designed FOR YOU & only FOR YOU! John & Tyler looked forward past the MFL & thought there was a better way things could be done, & it is no different than someone that sits back & thinks there was a better way things could be done & start their own team, they just happen to start a league.

The CRFL was started so those people with dreams could have a competitive league to compete in & you must admit, it is a competitive league. Saturday night's match up with the Spartans @ Crusaders was 59 minutes a football that will be talked about for years & has already been branded as the CRFL's biggest rivalry. The explosive Revolution gets their first lost from the out manned underdog Vipers. That put memories in the Viper's players & coaches minds they will never forget.

Don King, boxing promoter, has promoted some of the best bouts in american history. Bouts like Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman (The original "Rumble in the Jungle"), Sugar Ray Leonard vs Marvelous Marvin Haguer & of course "Iron" Mike Tyson vs Evander "Real Deal" Holyfield.

CRFL is promoting July 7th, the Blitz @ Cardinals, the Raiders @ Force, the Phoenix @ Bengals, the Revolution @ Crusaders, & the Crush @ Vipers. Five out of six bouts that will be about as competitive as it gets. Even the 0-2 teams battling out for their first win is pure excitement for me, and I know it will be exciting for those teams.

All these match-ups are the creation of John Jackson & Tyler Peckham. Don King was strictly into it for the money, but John Jackson & Tyler Peckham designed these creations not for the money, not for them, they were DESIGNED FOR YOU! You being the owner that dreamed of having his own team. You being the Coach that dreamed of coaching his own team. You being the Player that dreamed of playing football or to return once again to the grid iron.

Think of it like this, YOU decide to start your own business. YOU decide to start a restaurant. YOU not only put your heart & soul into this restaurant, but you put the mortgage to your home into it as well. YOU design your place, YOU come up with a menu, YOU set up some tables, YOU cook some food & YOU open your doors.

I decide to come in & try the new restaurant in town. I order the Chicken & Noodles with some mash potatoes. The Chicken & Noodles are terrible!!! The Chicken taste like it has fat in it.

"I am never eating there again!" & I go out & tell all my friends that the food @ the new restaurant is terrible!

I am now out running around town bashing YOU & your restaurant. The very place YOU put your heart & soul into, along with THE MORTGAGE TO YOUR HOME because I didn't happen to like the "fat" taste to the Chicken. Forget the fact that YOU have customers that love the Chicken & Noodles. Forget the fact that YOU have 48 other items on your menu that I would probably enjoy. Forget the fact that I am too stubborn to every go back again & I am going to sit back & bash YOU & your dreams of owning your own restaurant & I am making all my friends & family feel the same.

This is my way of using an analogy of some of the people & the CRFL. The big differences are, John Jackson & Tyler Peckham is not doing this for a living, they already have a living, AND they are putting up something way more valuable than the mortgage on their homes, they are putting their NAMES ON THE LINE. For what? ....that's right, they are sticking their necks out on the line for YOU! YOU to be that owner, YOU to be that coach, YOU to be that player to have a place for all of us to fulfill our dreams about the game we love so much.

Do we all agree with all the by-laws? Do we all think the scheduling is fair? Do we thing the Spartan / Crusader incident handled correctly? Probably not, but lets not look past this great restaurant establishment, the friendly waitress, the clean restrooms, & the 48 other menu items over some "fat" I tasted on the Chicken.

The CRFL has a great concept & it has structure. Look @ the awesome website, even the by-laws & finances are posted for everyone to view. Look @ the quality of match-ups on the schedule week in & week out. Don't focus on that one thing that YOU may not like & try & turn the entire league against something that might just be a good thing. It's not perfect, & either am I, & either are YOU! It is just like anything new, it is trial & era, we learn as we go & we all make mistakes. Quit biting the hand that is feeding YOU, the same hands that are trying to fulfill YOUR DREAMS. If your just that perfect & know so much, then try starting your own damn league.

As the conclusion of the violin story goes....

"What I am trying to do is to get people to take a moment to stop & listen, make sure you are looking @ the whole picture & to make sure there is nothing that you may be missing."

...I feel a lot of you are missing a ton. And personally trying to destroy peoples names that are sacrificing for YOU is disheartening! Most of you don't even know who the real John Jackson or Tyler Peckham is, your just basing your facts off the guy that didn't like the fat on the chicken.

Re: CRFL on the Menu

Or perhaps some do know the real John Jackson and Tyler Peckham and are astonished that they are able to fool so many people.

The character of John Jackson and Tyler Peckham is evident! John Jackson threw the first punch of the Crusaders vs Spartans game! Rules and bylaws are made to protect organizations! John Jackson gets to make the schedule, funny their first three home games are their toughest opponents! Funny they play Spartans only once! No rules and bylaws were followed dealing with this situation, that was started by Crusaders! Ask John Jackson and his friend Tyler Peckham what was said when appeals wanted to be filed! People told Spartans to get a lawyer, their offensive coordinator is a lawyer! What is happening is not fair, but as long as people like John Jackson and Tyler Peckham make decisions these issues will remain! If they want respect, that is earned!

According to my source appeals are happening and the CRFL Owners will decide

there 3 toughest opponents they still have to face the VIPERS and go to the CARDS & CRUSH

who has to face the Vipers, Cards and Crush?

Child Plz said CRUSADERS John Jackson gets to make the schedule, funny their first three home games are their toughest opponents! and i think hes over lookin some teams that i think can beat them as in the VIPERS, CARDS AND CRUSH

supa can you give me the ip address to child piz please and who they realy are thanks coach don

idk what this dude is talkin about with the easy schedule stuff. CRFL is very competitive this year, its really only maybe 3 out of 12 teams that cant win it right now, crusaders have rev 2 times, they play the strong blitz, the cards, vipers, crush. shoot, they season aint even began to start. No one has really, all the the early games until week 5 or 6 will weed out the bottom feeders, but like i said are prob only 2-3 out of 12. sounds like a pretty good league to me. if u wanna say something say something abour the crush. its the got the easiest divison, is the only team garunteed to win they division, everyone else, gotta fight till the end of the season. tell me of any league out there, thats so close and ANY GIVEN SUNDAY really means something.

Crush are in a division with force and vipers 2 solid teams.other Ohio division has the 3 0-2 teams

Man, Read most of the Tailgator post...I liked it. Not sure if it was JJ and Pecks dream to run this league, but I think they do a good job. Can't make everyone happy and after what happened this weekend everyone should be happy that we can still play football with friends and family. I never seen the video nor do I want to...We just need to remember that most of us work and have families. Sucks tailgator that you took the time to write that and no one pay attention. Good luck the rest of the season fellas!

John Walser-usually #13 lol
JC Panthers

OCHO-5 wanna say something say something abour the crush. its the got the easiest divison, is the only team garunteed to win they division, everyone else, gotta fight till the end of the season..... u best go look again i wouldnt call the defending champ force and vipers a easy division would you
last year
crush-playoffs
vipers-playoffs
force-playoffs-champions.... easy huh lol

cant base it on last year. starting early means some teams cant have the same players they had last year. you may totaly dominate the force like the crusaders did. and as for the vipers, you didnt have your qb so you may have won bigger.

crush
Crush are in a division with force and vipers 2 solid teams.other Ohio division has the 3 0-2 teams

i stand corrected, i thought the crush was in the bengals division, so my oppologies fellas on that one.

other than the division with the bengals, raiders, and phenoix its a fight till the end, is what i meant.

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily, gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said “you have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one.”

You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. You can never change the damage that it has done, the wound will always be there, even when you do it under a fictitious name.

People are seriously getting mentally hurt over trying to play the game that we all love so much! Everyone is being so quick to judge, get on a public forum & rake players, coaches, owners & commissioners over the coals.. I wish people would step back & maybe look @ these situations if they were standing in their shoes.

In each situation we probably all agree we would of handled it differently, but how many situations have we been in our lives that if we can go back & do it all over again, we would do it differently. In the heat of the moment, we all have made mistakes, some bigger than others, & we all have to take responsibilities for our actions & learn to live with them. Being mentally demoralized & feeling totally helpless trying to battle against fictitious characters on a public forum should not be one of them.

No one wants to destroy names of players, teams, coaches, fans, etc. it is about following rules and by laws. That is all anyone asks! Everyone knows the seriousness of injuries that could occur, there was already one tragedy#RIP 58. Everyone plays for the love of the game.

Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.-Steve Jobs