supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Discounted Hotel Rooms for MSFL, CRFL, IFL Players & Fans

Traveling teams coming to Indianapolis;

The Indiana Generals have reached out and partnered with a local hotel to offer a discounted rate to the entire MSFL, CRFL, IFL, and all of it's members and fans. The manager was nice enough to give us a tour and everything is brand new. Microwaves and fridges in each room. A spacious meeting room with projector for pregame film sessions and chalk talks, indoor pool and spa.

ASK FOR THE INDIANA GENERALS DISCOUNTED RATE WHEN BOOKING!

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South -
5151 South East Street
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317) 783-5151

There is a taco bell, Denny's, Subway, CVS, Red Lobster, D'mitri's Buffet, ALL WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE.

Located 1 minute from I-465, 5 minutes from Roncalli High School, 10 minutes from I-65.

So whether you are traveling to play/watch the Indiana Mustangs, Indiana Nighthawks, Indiana Generals, Indianapolis Tornados, Marion County Crusaders, or any other Indianapolis based team, or just visiting the city of Indianapolis....come stay here where you are close to everything!

Also, it is located across the street from another sponsor for the Indiana Generals: Krazy Street Bar and Grille.

Live bands, good food, cheap alcohol.

Krazy St Grille
404 E Thompson Rd # E Indianapolis, IN 46227

Re: Discounted Hotel Rooms for MSFL, CRFL, IFL Players & Fans

In Hind Sight you may want to be more careful who you rattle your saber at. Strike 1.

So what is the discounted price on the room you gave all the info but no actual $$$ amount. The deal should cover the entire season and hopefully the price will be the same each week makes it easier to plan that way.
What about the Tornados does this include them they were not mentioned.

Tornados were mentioned right after the Generals. Look again.

prob wrong guy to respond but just wanted to help if i could. last year it was a 50dollar flat rate, which for a sat night is pretty hard if not impossible to beat. esp at a nice hotel in walking distance from one of indys most popular bars

apologies, i was just informed i was wrong. my bad, that was for hotel last season. its a diff one. details are still being worked out. will be posted as soon as its set in stone

This discount is for any and every team in semi pro. Good for semi pro fans, or any one that wants to stay there, family from out of town, etc. Just tell the hotel 'I want the Indiana Generals Discount.'

The deal expires at the end of the year.

We didn't mention the GDFL simply because the teams are spread out there is only one GDFL team in the area. However, we did mention the Tornados as being apart of this. The exact amount is being negotiated, but we are told it will be around $100. In this economy, $100 for a double room, with a fridge, pool, free breakfast, lounging area, spa, workout center, and close to a great bar and major highways, is a pretty good price. Especially when you see how nice the hotel is.

When someone says they are saving you some money do some secret shopping online and you will find out just how much you are saving. I was curious after reading the wonderful news from the Generals about hotel rooms and saving maoney I mean come on who isn't and Mike Cameron was right last year a room did cost $50 bucks I went back and looked at some older posts on various message boards just to be certain. While I do believe in saving money I can see that if I go to the Holiday web site and do a search for a room on July 14th at this location you can clearly see that the room is regular priced at $102.99 and if you check other hotels in the area you will see that rooms can be reserved for much less.
This is an idea that was started last season by the Generals and I'm sure they made a good deal of money from it so understandable they want to keep it going, but hey how bout a little more of a saving than $2.99
I'm sure that they will defend this and that's great wonder how other ideas they have in store I'm sure someone will have something to say about people always hating on the Generals and that's fine as well. The Generals spanked the M.S.F.L. last season and there is no doubt they are the class of Indy and will walk thrugh their division again this year. Nobody is hating on anybody with this just pointing out that savings are sometimes not what they appear to be. There were many things that this team did last year and I'm sure everything that was thought of last year will be used again this year.

Holiday Inn Express : Indianapolis South
5151 South East Street
Indianapolis, IN , United States
5.81MI (9.29KM) from destination
Hotel Reservations : 1 XXX-XXXX
Hotel Front Desk : 1-XXX_XXXX
Free Breakfast
View Hotel Information
Rates
Rooms available from
$ 102.99 102.99 USD USD

This is from the Comfort Inn which is right accross the street from the Holiday Inn express

1 King Bed, No Smoking
Also Included: Free High-Speed Wireless, 27 inch TV, Hair Dryer, Iron and Ironing Board
Max Room Occupancy2 persons
$8400 USD
Book Room

It is more than a $2.99 savings. People love to hate on anything that the Generals do, which is fine. We invite you to do your homework.

As far as last year, the Generals had a sponsor with Cavalier's Resort. The Generals made $0 off of that. They filed for bankruptcy and paid us nothing. Even if they had paid us, it wouldn't have been much. Yes the rooms were dirt cheap, but so was the hotel. There is a reason why they are no longer around.

We went to both the Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn, and there is a reason why we picked the Holiday Inn. Do a little bit more homework and go to these two places and see for yourself. They might be different in price, but I promise you, once you go to the Comfort Inn, head over to the Holiday Inn; you will pay the extra and never stay across the street in your life! Just because something is lower in price, doesnt mean it is the a better value. After taking a tour around the Holiday Inn, I would have guessed it cost around $139 a night. It is super nice and offers a more relaxtion feel and more value.

We stated that it would be around a $100. It might be $85-$95 (which is around $100). The price is still being negotiated.

Also, do a little bit more homework. The $102.99 is the early discount rate and is NON REFUNDABLE!

GENERALS RATE = NO MATTER WHEN YOU BOOK-YOU SAVE $$$

OFF www.hiexpress.com
------------------------------------------------------
Book Early & Save - Advance Purchase Looking to stretch your travel dollars? Lock in special savings just by booking early and purchasing your stay in advance. Reservation requires full prepayment for the entire stay at the time of booking, and is non-refundable. Payment is charged to your credit card between the time of booking and day of arrival.

We’re so confident in our prices that we’re standing by them with our Best Price Guarantee. Find our rooms for a lower price elsewhere and your first night is free.

2 DOUBLE BEDS NONSMOKING
View Description View Description
$ 102.99 102.99 USD USD

-----------------------------------------------------
Best Flexible RateTake advantage of our best unrestricted publicly available rate; It allows you to change or cancel your reservation without worry if your plans change. Restrictions may apply based on individual hotel policies.

We’re so confident in our prices that we’re standing by them with our Best Price Guarantee. Find our rooms for a lower price elsewhere and your first night is free.

2 DOUBLE BEDS NONSMOKING
View Description View Description
$ 119.00 119.0 USD USD

------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, even if the savings were $5 a room, if a team stayed and purchased 10 rooms, thats a $50 savings for the team. If it's $10 off, thats $100 savings. Not to mention, it is right across the street from a very nice bar...and if you are playing at Roncalli, it is a short distance from the field. At the end of the day, be glad you save anything. If you don't want to stay there, go get a hotel for yourself. or better yet, stay there and pay the full price and dont mention a discount to assure that the Generals don't recieve whatever you are worried about them getting. We are not in the hotel marketing business, so stay where you would like.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to post and doing your homework. Haters will hate, but the Generals will continue to march and make strides to reach out to others, continue to help our community, as well as others within the semi-pro world.

Enjoy your weekend and good luck to those playing. Stay cool, its going to be a hot one.

Stay tuned for the latest idea the Generals have come up with. I can't wait to hear what the haters have to say about this.

The discounted rate will be at $99.99 a night. That is discounted from $119.99 This rate will be good for the entire year and you do not need to leave a deposit/early booking/prepay/etc.

It will save you $20 for a very nice room in a very nice hotel. This is America, so you have the right to either stay somewhere else, including right across the road for only $84.99. But ask yourself, why is the Comfort INN regular price $35 cheaper? Or you can stay at the Holiday INN and pay the full price. Make your own decisions. The Generals are just trying to extend a good deal to everyone and help a sponsor.

Also, if you have any questions about any other bogus rumors, feel free to contact us at indianagenerals@hotmail.com and we will gladly answer any questions you might have. We will not respond to mindless banter than holds no water by ghosts on a message board. Just please, when you email....leave your real damn name.

Thank you.